Perk Idea

Options

A survivor perk where if you blind the killer your scratch marks disappear for a few seconds.

Comments

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

Sounds fine, would go well with a flashlight build.

When you blind the killer your scratch marks dissapear for 6,8,10 seconds. You make no grunts of pain and your footsteps silence.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

In the current state of DBD and it's maps, I'd say no.

For it's intention, hiding scratch marks after getting a save sounds good. But it'd be used 99% of the time at each and every single pallet and would just break chase instantly on every chase.

Gameplay would be getting chased, dropping a pallet, wait for them to break it, then just flashlight and run away and hide. Every chase would just end with a survivor escaping very easily.

Which would force killers into never wanting to break pallets. So it'd just be bloodlusting around loops until you get a hit.

The concept is nice, but how it'd actually get used and abused would not be good for the game.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

Honestly if you can only keep a chase because of scratch marks. that's a skill issue, no offense

• TheKissKing
    TheKissKing Member Posts: 59
    Options

^ this. and if its ever abused just make a 30s cooldown so at the 2nd pallet onwards you can follow easily

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

If you're blinded, meaning you can't see the direction they went, no scratch marks because of the perk, and then no footprints or sound because they're crouching in a corner that's not a skill issue. There's no way to track a healthy survivor at that point. The only way to find them would be to literally go looking for them. That could take 10 seconds, to almost a minute of added time every single chase.

That's not a skill issue. A skill issue would them being injured and I can't find them, which is not the case.

• zgameboy
    zgameboy Member Posts: 79
    Options

Quite frankly I always follow them based off of the footsteps anyways. The only way they would get away really would be a flashbang and that would be fair considering how annoying it is to make one.