Rated PEGI 18+

Where are your parents? It seems like this forum consists of a lot of 12 year olds.

Comments

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

This game is rated PEGI 18 which restricts availability to ADULTS ONLY and is not suitable for anyone below this age. This rating has been given due to depictions of gross violence towards human-like characters. Not suitable for persons under 18 years of age.

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 696

A lot of players I come across are teenagers. I recently met someone that was literally 12 years old. Friended them and everything until we decided to play together and I heard her over the mic. Asked her how old she was after she made mention that her mom likes this game too. Instant blocked. But to be honest, you should see Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto. There are literally 8 year olds playing those games (my nephew was one of them, ugh). Just got to accept the fact that there's a lot of bad parents out there not monitoring or caring about what their children play. I will also say that I wouldn't understand how anyone could go about making a profile on the forums with age verification and all. But yeah, not much we can do about it.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
    edited August 2022

I wasn't even close to eighteen when I started playing.

Almost everyone I've ever played with has been under twenty.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

I thought ratings just restricted who could buy media, not who could consume it in the states no?

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,576

As if kids didn't play CoD, GTA or Far Cry way ahead of the recommended age.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,603

Lets be real, no one really cares about those ratings.

Just look at COD and GTA.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    edited August 2022

12 is too young, the Forums aren't that immature, 13 makes more sense imo

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,181

There's not enough in place to prevent them from buying, and also those who may be found out aren't exactly scared because nothing is done about it.

You are right that kids ought not be playing this game, but sadly there's pretty much bugger all stopping them from playing, nor any real care in them purchasing it in the first place.

Heck, if a 16 year old can go into 23 shops in the UK with no ID and purchase knives at 15 of them, stopping kids from buying adult games is a losing battle.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Rules are just a suggestion

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,328

Yeah, this is quite shocking and bad. There's an age restriction for a reason.

Altho as for the violence thing... IDK I grew up watching Tom&Jerry, Roadrunner, Bugs bunny, Dragonball Z etc. but DBD's Mori's are something else 😅

• bittercranberry
    bittercranberry Member Posts: 454

it's video games at the end of the day besides games arent really that gruesome or bloody anyways.

and this is DBD... game feels more like a meme then horror ://

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

Yeah there haven't been any sort of widespread issues with children since the 90's. Everything is fine. Just first world snowflake issues, I guess.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

You would probably be surprised sometimes how old the real immature people are

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Age ratings mean nothing, I can promise you that

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

a large majority of the player base I imagine is the teenager age range

young teens eyes aren't gonna melt because they see a trapper mori a Claudette or a leatherface mori an ace

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,166

Thats why this stuff is mostly "parental guidance". Most kids can deal with this stuff, some are more sensitive, so parents should know a bit about what their kids are doing, and guide them along, but most also know that they will never be able to control everything their kids consume these days, so I guess most allow their kids of 12+ to play whatever they fancy.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

Ratings are practically just a no no for physical games

Like a 13 year old can't buy a copy of cod at game stop alone they need a parent

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184

I may of started playing dbd when I was 10 🤫. Dw I'm a big boy now