Has Anyone Ever Thought You We're Hacking?

Options
Mekochi
Mekochi Member Posts: 942

So during the course of Dead by Daylight, there has to be at least one match where you have been mistaken for hacking despite you just using the mechanics at your roster or just a weird de-sync issue that happened on the other players end.

So the Doctor himself didn't accuse me, but I feel it may have seemed pretty fishy from his end cuz he wasn't on Xbox. Despite me being in his shock range, there were plenty of times his shock shoulda got me since I was standing in/on the edge of it. I don't know how it looked on his end, but I'm assuming it looked pretty suspicious that none of his shocks were touching me except on a rare occasion.

Comments

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804
    Options

Had a person accuse me of hacking because I knew exactly which locker they were in. I just have really nice headphones and a fantastic amp to pair it with. I heard the very faint squeak of a locker around the corner and just guessed right on my first attempt.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    Options

Not in Dead by Daylight, no. But I pretty commonly get accused of using auto-clickers or aimbots in shooter games.

• Mekochi
    Options

Exactly, I play mainly survivor and I like to think my headset is of mostly decent quality, and even with that, the survivor's breathing can also be heard inside the locker

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,812
    Options

I have chat/messaging disabled so I never hear anything from other players, but I have had ppl DC right after I found them in a locker. Some folks seem to not realize or forget that scratch marks, blood trails, and aura perks exist, and that they are not totally silent in lockers. I can often hear an injured surv in a locker through my TV speakers from 6 feet away.

Auras in particular lead me to survs in lockers, but most survs never play killer, so they aren't aware of all the ways they can be seen.

• Mekochi
    Options

Felt, except the killer knew that we weren't hacking, this was back in 2020, ran the Clown for 5 gens on Rotten Fields as a freshly bought Laurie and got facecamped at the end. He felt bad about it, but we had a nice laugh.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

It was the first day of the anniversary event. 4 flans, but one Eyrie of Crows offering. I think “wow, this will be a fun game.”

I load into the game as Demo. All is normal until there’s a Bill with flip flop and boil over. He gets downed in a spot where I have no chance of hooking him unless my pathing is perfect. My pathing is not perfect but I still hook him. I think “huh, that’s strange” but every time I downed him in that same spot afterwards he wiggled off just fine.

After the game I see that his build was Boil Over, Flip Flop, Unbreakable and Dead Hard, and that he brought the Eyrie offering. He accused me of hacking because he couldn’t wiggle off one singular time. I still don’t know why he couldn’t wiggle off but I like to think that he missed all of his skillchecks and his brain refused to accept it.

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 686
    Options

Yes, with Broken Mirror Myers. Said he reported me as well. A year later I'm still here.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,718
    Options

There was (is?) a bug with Boil Over where if the drop caused the survivor's bar to go over 100%, it would get locked at 100% and the survivor would never be able to wiggle off. Might be what he was upset about. Or maybe Bill was just a blowhard.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

Never got called a hacker for it, but apparently very few survivors actually know what Mad Grit does.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,146
    Options

Many times, usually from people who hide in a locker and didn't realize i saw them go in it on bbq, or some other detection. So i just walk over to the locker and grab them.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

I don't know, the more I get familiar with the game, like the more it becomes muscle memory. The more I have been able to spot things that shouldn't be happening. It's to the point where I am like, if he doesn't have this "perk" he is definitely cheating.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,718
    Options

I'm talking more about the people who don't understand they make noises in lockers or that crows and scratch marks exist. Because yes, figuring out your opponents' perks based off of their behavior and discerning the line between good guesswork and straight-up uncanny knowledge of survivor locations is totally a thing.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,657
    Options

Yeah. They didn't know what Mad Grit does.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    Options

Occasionally

Had a baby hag player accuse me of speed hacking once. Clearly it was a lobby I shouldn't have been in though because the killer had sub 50 hours and while I didnt/couldnt check my teammates they all had almost no perks and no teachable and none of them were good, so I was obviously thrown into a match with new players for some reason.

Also recently got accused of cheating because I "turned too far with no turning addons" (blight, not billy)

Those are 2 that I can remember off the top my head.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Yes I have.

Survivor was suspicious of me after I ran straight at them when they were healthy and crouching behind a rock and I had zero aura perks equipped. All of that was indeed true. However I was Legion, in Frenzy, after my first hit. So Killer Instinct was telling me where they were.

Said survivor actually admitted that they didn't know Frenzy did that after I explained.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

Yea I am just pointing out that this game has a pretty bad hacker problem, that's why accusations get thrown around a lot. In the week of the last patch I played against 4 that were undeniable, it is impossible to tell with subtle hackers though. And I bet you there are way more subtle hackers than blatant ones.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 803
    Options

Yes, a lot of survivors are really not very aware of how loud their breath is, or how much noise they make when they move through grass.

• Thusly_Boned
    Options

Back before I disabled chat I had a surv in total apoplexy because after a hit they jumped in a locker with Q&Q and Lucky Break, but I had I'm All Ears. They insisted I was cheating, and even when I tried to explain it they wouldn't listen. This is just one example of people not seeing why something might have happened because they have only a fraction of the context.

Another thing you touched on that a lot of people don't want to accept is that virtually all players are predictable to varying degrees, and with enough time you can make fairly good educated guesses about that they're going to do. We all fall into muscle memory patterns to some degree, and no one's tactics are original.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

Also, the number of survivors who think they can hide from frenzy while in a locker astounds me !

Like, if I'm going against Legion and the person I'm working with goes to hide in a locker, I don't even bother to quit working on the gen. They'll be the first found !

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

Yeah, dude didnt know what floods of rage did. Got accused of wallhacking lol. But they were prestige 10+, playing as SWF etc, not exactly new..

Also sometimes when i do too well i get friend invites on steam, im guessing thats because my profile is private and being friends lets them see if i have any bans or something? Either way having private profile is like an invite for people to call you a hacker in this game lol.

• moonwinx
    moonwinx Member Posts: 51
    Options

No hacking per se, but I did once go against a streamer who very confidently said I was a stretched res gamer. I'm not even that good really, he was just making no attempt at all to hide his red stain, and doubling back over car loops that anyone can see over.

• Thusly_Boned
    Options

This leads to not only accusations of hacking, but camping. If your teammate just got hooked and half your team is instantly waiting behind objects right around the hook, the killer probably can hear you, and probably won't leave, nor should they.

I've had this happen more than a few times.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Yeah... the handful of times I've gotten a 3 chain Frenzy into locker pull is too high. It's only been 2-3... but still too high. Also those are usually very short games.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

Won't go into details but yes I have.

• EternalSinOfCain
    EternalSinOfCain Member Posts: 132
    edited August 2022
    Options

Been accused of aim botting 4 times. Nemesis never miss a whip, Huntress never miss a hatchet, Trickster, rarely miss blades, and Death Slinger rarely miss a shot. They said "Nobody is that accurate!"

I have nearly 4,000 hours on Hunt : Showdown and I play with Sparks LLR and Uppercut 70% of the time. I HAVE to be deadly accurate with those guns cause they are high damage, but slow reload weapons. (The Sparks only has ONE SHOT before reload). I'm used to shooting someone's hat off at a distance of 150+ meters, where they are the size of a 4-5 pixels on my screen. Most of all Death Slinger. his gun is basically the same as a Sparks in Hunt.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,931
    Options

A few times, yes. A couple which stood out in particular:

1. A survivor accused me of hacking the game because there was no way I ought to know which locker he was in and I found it straight away. Probably understandable, considering nobody at the time ran "Spies from the Shadows" equipt, and I just so happened to have it and was alerted to a crow outside a couple of lockers, and as there were no scratchmarks it was an educated guess.

2. Quite recently, I was accused of hacking on to the hatch and blocking it. I was Onryo, and they were running towards a tv, so I took the opportunity and the hatch conveniently spawned a few metres right in front of me. That was just pure luck on my behalf, but they refused to believe that there just so happened to be a tv there and the hatch a) would never have spawned there and b) I put a block, meaning they could not escape before I closed it. I closed it, before they arrived at it.

• Thusly_Boned
    Options

Yeah, and in addition to pure aura reading perks, there are literally dozens of perks and add-ons that have aura reading effects that aren't even their primary effect, and many perks as well (Hex: Retribution is one many survs either forget or are unaware of).

If someone rarely plays killer, odds are they're going to be totally unaware of many or most of these, unless they do stuff like watch Otz's 8 hour perk and add on videos

• The_BiggCheeze
    The_BiggCheeze Member Posts: 458
    Options

By many new survivors whenever I used an aura reading perk or add on. I always have to tell them to look at my loadout and read each item verrrrry carefully.

• MaxIsBased
    MaxIsBased Member Posts: 52
    Options

I never get accused of hacking nowadays which is very surprising. Although i always found cathartic when i got called a hacker because i mind gamed someone or successfully predicted where someone was as nurse or hit an absolutely ridiculous shot as huntress.

Treat it as a compliment to your skill.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,797
    Options

Oh yes

A trickster once accused me of speed hacking but I was using hope

this was a player with 3000+ hours

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

Yeah, I was lagging very, VERY bad, they thought I was teleporting around the map intentionally 🤷🏻‍♂️

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,218
    Options

Obviously.

Usually inexperienced players.

The funniest one IMHO is the typical locker-hiding "Dwight" who gives me an heart-attack when I'm only trying to reload hatchets ...

Yeah, how could have possibly opened the locker he was in without him leaving any clue?

• JakeCannon
    JakeCannon Member Posts: 542
    Options

So nothing directly but since I run nurses calling with sloppy butcher and find players in the most random spots I'm sure they have felt that way . I'm on Xbox tho

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    edited August 2022
    Options

I've got pages of '-rep wallhacks' in my steam profile + screenshots of end game chat

Best compliment, basically means 'you did well'

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,091
    Options

I was accused of hacking for moring someone as Pyramid Head just because I didn't use a mori offering.

I told them to read the power but they didn't believe me.

Wasn't the first time I was accused of hacking by someone not reading a power, but that is the one I remember most.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

I've had my fair share of those people.

Two scenarios stuck out enough for me to remember them though:

1. I had someone tell me I was "hacking more range on my Redeemer" (back when Deathslinger was still fun to play) - the hilarious part is that we were playing on Gideon Meatplant and I only landed a single "Sharpshooter" score event (a hit from 15m or further away) all game.
    2. I had multiple people accuse me of wallhacking because they couldn't grasp the concept of how predictions work. I don't need to physically see your aura to be able to tell where you are most likely to go next after popping a gen...

I've probaply been reported a lot of times, but so far I've never been banned once. So at least in that aspect the report system seems to be functional.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

yes, if you run an all aura read build and can capitalize on chases get ready to hear "Hacker! How did they know?"