[UPDATED][Perk idea suggestion]: Locksmith

SpitfireOrMichina
SpitfireOrMichina Member Posts: 209
edited February 2019 in Creations

You start the trial equipped with a Dull Key.

• The key cannot be dropped or exchanged.
  • The key will be consumed after its use or the owner's death.
  • The owner of the perk cannot equip items from his Load-out.

Increase the remaining time of the hatch while opened with Locksmith by 10/20/30 seconds.

Unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability.

• When the last Generator is fully repaired, the hatch's Auras is revealed to you for 3/4/5 seconds.

Not affected by the Franklin's Demise Perk.

Post edited by SpitfireOrMichina on

Comments

• SpitfireOrMichina
    SpitfireOrMichina Member Posts: 209

@switch said:
    So give swf even faster games, i like it.
    I'm going to talk with BHVR they will love this idea, i'm sure they will hire you.
    Jokes aside, keys are insanely powerfull, having the ability to escape with 2 or even 1 gen up is way too good.
    Terrible idea. Let items be items.

"having the ability to escape with 2 or even 1 gen up" You cant escape with 1 gen. You can escape with 2 gens done but it mean there is only 1 survivor alive and the game have been terrible. This perk can give a second chance.
    The Hatch will become visible ("spawn") whenever the number of fully repaired Generators exceeds the number of living Survivors by 1:

• 4 Survivors remaining: 5 repaired Generators / Exit Gates are powered
    • 3 Survivors remaining: 4 repaired Generators / 1 Generator left
    • 2 Survivors remaining: 3 repaired Generators / 2 Generators left
    • 1 Survivor remaining: 2 repaired Generators / 3 Generators left
  • switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

@SpitfireOrMichina said:

@switch said:
    So give swf even faster games, i like it.
    I'm going to talk with BHVR they will love this idea, i'm sure they will hire you.
    Jokes aside, keys are insanely powerfull, having the ability to escape with 2 or even 1 gen up is way too good.
    Terrible idea. Let items be items.

"having the ability to escape with 2 or even 1 gen up" You cant escape with 1 gen. You can escape with 2 gens done but it mean there is only 1 survivor alive and the game have been terrible. This perk can give a second chance.
    The Hatch will become visible ("spawn") whenever the number of fully repaired Generators exceeds the number of living Survivors by 1:

• 4 Survivors remaining: 5 repaired Generators / Exit Gates are powered
    • 3 Survivors remaining: 4 repaired Generators / 1 Generator left
    • 2 Survivors remaining: 3 repaired Generators / 2 Generators left
    • 1 Survivor remaining: 2 repaired Generators / 3 Generators left

I know everything about this game, including the wall of text you took from wiki.
    Face it your perk gives a KEY that unlock potential to open the hatch, i've had a few games where survivors did bring a key and escape with 2 gens up while i had a 4 stack.
    I like the premise of the idea but the perk is way off, having a KEY everytime you use 1 perk is so stupid just let that sink in for a moment.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,855

Belongs in fan creations. Also pretty poor idea for a number of reasons.

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531
    edited February 2019

A terrible concept both in balance and "in-game" factor.

Not only it's tremendously strong in ANY survivor's hand but it's only counter is getting killed which would cause severe tunneling from any killer.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Honestly I think the key shouldn't be an item you get from the bloodweb and more like you have to find four broken key parts randomly placed to have a key , whichever survivor were to find the last part would be the one who gets the key  you wouldn't have to find them all yourself to keep from people fighting eachother for parts and if that survivor dies he drops it like a normal item for others to use once it's crafted , it would also slow the game down if a team decided to use that as a strategy while earning the extra BP for the escape instead of it feeling like a free escape 
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Imagine killers getting ebony mori if they hook 4 different survivors.

Yes they are more or less the same thing. Terribly unbalanced and I don't think devs will ever add something like this.

Keys and mories are cheap, if anything, they should be removed.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

So you this perk essentially makes you sacrifice the ability to use items so that you can sense the aura of the hatch?

I think that though this idea is neat, it should be weakened. And i think there should be a balance put into play so that everyone doesn't just run this perk. Maybe for each person with the perk equipped the aura reading weakens? Or maybe once someone jumps through the hatch with this perk, it seals the hatch?

I feel like with the power to aura read the hatch, there should be some sort of weakness involved, or way to keep everyone from being that strong. the hatch is a mechanic i like in some ways but this makes it a little powerful.

• e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2019

Dull keys aren't worth taking because the circumstances of the hatch even becoming visible before the other 3 survivors die / escape are so slim it's just not worth taking the key for that slim chance in a million all the stars align:

The hatch must become visible before your the last survivor and you manage to find it while it makes no noise because your not the last survivor and it hasn't started making noise yet, not to mention you could have passed its location several times and just not known it was there because it hadn't become visible yet.

Oh and theres the odd occasion when you see the hatch while hooked, someone rescues you then go back to that same spot you saw it on the hook and it's not visible again so even if you had the key you couldn't open it because the hatch teleports / goes invisible again at a whim.

Killers complaining about dull key perks are therefore just bitching for bitchings sake (because that's what they do) I say let Survivors who want to waste a perk slot on something they'll never be able to use let them.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    e8Lattice said:

Dull keys aren't worth taking because the circumstances of the hatch even becoming visible before the other 3 survivors die / escape are so slim it's just not worth taking the key for that slim chance in a million all the stars align:

All it takes is one Survivor to die for the Hatch to spawn before the Gates are powered.  How is that a slim chance?
  • switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

The problem with the perk wasnt the reading aura of the hatch but the item itself.
    I understand what you try to do with this perk but keys should remain very rare/ultra rare items, having a perk that almost every one will use.
    By the way i can already tell you what is going to happen if this kind of perk gets added to the game:
    -some survivors will just let their team die (1-2 players) and then search for the hatch with urban evasion.
    Do you really wanna promote this kind of gameplay ?

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301

What happens if you have an item equipped while having this perk?

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

There is only 1 good thing about this post. While BHVR has done many stupid things in the past, and will do even more stupid things in the future, but this is one stupid idea that we don’t have to worry about. Even a survivor main, who absolutely never plays killer, would understand that.