Ok, that's it, solo Q is at the worst it has ever been in Dead by Daylight's history.

My experience is EU experience:

-MMR is not enough, at all times of the day I always get bad teammates. I tried during the day and during the night, it's CONSISTENTLY bad teammates, always.

-Nobody has balls anymore, and EVERY SINGLE TIME it's Nurse there's always 1 or even 2 people that suicide on hook, or straight up DC.

-It's always Nurse after Nurse, back to back, I haven't seen a Blight the entire day, I'm not joking, after playing for more than 5 hours. Always the same killers.

-Of those that try, gens don't get done.

-When gens get done, nobody knows how to play the game, even against the oldest killers. So many do dumb plays, and you ask yourself where is the brain!

I'm asking to everyone: what happened? Where are all the strong players? I haven't found a strong 2/3 man swf paired with me after 5/6 hours!
Same as killer: WHERE ARE ALL THE STRONG SURVIVORS??
From 15 to 20/21 I just find very very bad survivors! Only from 22 to 2/3 I get strong teams I can actually train with.

this is the important question: where are all the strong survivors that in 2017/8/9 used to be so strong at looping and did gens so efficiently????

I'm not joking, where are those people? even when as killer I go against teams I slaughter them pretty quickly every time! Because every time they either screw around or, most times, do something bad in terms of 1v4, and they fall apart completely!

And they're not even that strong in chase, they're average, and as soon as I pick a killer they don't know how to loop and go against, like Pinhead (my main), it's gg very quickly! This not even using the strongest add-ons, or moris or map offerings!

The strongest survivors I find are usually solos with the same silent/stealthy/competitive survivors characters (Ace, Adam, Claudette, Nancy).

Btw this is not the experience of a single day, this is the experience of multiple days.

So I ask: are you having the same experience?

P.s. it seems it's completely impossible to play vs Nurse, but not because of Nurses using omegablinks, but because of teammates always suiciding/rage quitting as soon as they see a Nurse.

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I ran into a baby Nurse on RPD. I felt so bad when she DC'd. I was going to give her a free kill, but maybe the others were bullying her? Idk. She chased me for like 3 minutes, but I did not even get chase music because she was lagging so far behind.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,603

It certainly is.

• MaudetteClorel
    MaudetteClorel Member Posts: 83

MMR is nothing more than a lottery. One game you can get the most efficient survivors who split up on gens, take turns in chases, bodyblock etc. The next game you have someone running no mither and suiciding on first hook. It's all random and the way I see DBD being in the future is only SWF vs. Killer concept.

Voice Chat in game could potentially change something if you're lucky and don't get douchebags as teammates, but taken into account how toxic the dbd community is, it probably won't even make it past PTB.

Some people play to win and try to improve their skill in game aka macro plays, learning the tiles so they get better at looping... And some people play for fun while not even trying, this being the moment they're ruining the fun of those who play to win... vicious cycle.

And MMR was supposed to differentiate between these two types of people so you'd be getting like-minded teammates. But clearly this system failed and didn't live up to everyone's expectations and that's where we're at rn. People being burnt out from "potato" teammates (myself included), people DCing, rage quitting, BMing and/or trying to make the experience for everyone around them as miserable as possible.

It's up to the devs to change something about the matchmaking system.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

What's up with all the bold caps? Why you shouting, man...

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,278

Where are you from and from when to when do you play?

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702

I play on East, and usually lunch time and 8pm-0200ish

• Leonardo1ita

Do you remember the II day of MMR test? That was the day where I had the most fun ever: so many strong teammates and survivors as killer.

• Leonardo1ita

Yeah, from 11 am to 1/2 pm I also get not too bad teammates, but after 3 pm it's just unplayable.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

BINGO!

There is no player accountability, and thus there is no player loyalty.

Survivor is a dog eat dog world right now.

This is what happens when push comes to shove in a team game that doesn’t promote teamwork

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,863
  • Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,479

It has always been getting worst, with every nerf Survivors get, it hurts Solo Q the most. Nothin new

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

I”d love to see a dev playing solo

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,454

Yeah, if the game is clearly over and there's still a number of gens left, there's a definite increase in the amount of survivors who become unreliable and disappear because they want the hatch. But it makes me appreciate the games where a random and I both keep fighting together until the bitter end. I love those games.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I think that sbmm is rationing off good solos to average out team scores to match killers or good players have swf'd up at this point. With so many currently giving up or dc; it's dragging down players that would otherwise prove efficient. A 3v1 while not impossible is incredibly more difficult at 5 gens.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

MMR is working perfectly. I mean, what did people think would happen if they continuosly dc/suicide on the smallest inconvenience?!

Their and their teammates MMR dropped to rock bottom. Then the MMR matches them accordinly, believing they are bad players.

It will take a lot of time to correct that IF survivors start to play normal again. If not, then well... elo hell it is.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

People always have a problem with the consequences of their action. Bad players get matched to bad player just the way it is supposed to be.

Sadly it is the inverse for Killers: I am not a very good Killer, however I get boosted by anybody who kills themself on the hook. Especially as even I can win against 3 people on 5 generator, adding more MMR to my bank. This brings me up against survivors who are a bit out of my level more often and only when que time is out of order I will get a better mix.

I had to let two survivors escape when one person kill themself just to keep the balance...

This is an interesting chance of behavior for me: If one person kills themself or DCs I play with the survivors, try the hell to hook everybody twice and enjoy some chases only to let 2 escape in the hope that the match made my MMR stayed the same.

People tend to forget the unbalance past and always only look at the good things.

Nostalgia is strong...

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

starstruck is overhyped on nurse. Vs people splitting up and playing properly, it doesnt do much and its counterplay is just booking it to the other side of the map when you do get hit by it.

Instead survivors just try to do dumb stuff like body block or show themselves when you are close to hooking the survivor and then act surprised when they get downed 5 seconds later. My brother in christ, what did you think was going to happen.

I swear the most ''busted'' combos in this game like pr/dms and starstruck on nurse is just incredibly easy to deal with but that seems to be too much for the average player

• MaxIsBased
    MaxIsBased Member Posts: 52

Everyone single one of my games no one DC's, suicides or anything. I feel like i live in an alternate universe at this point since i see so many posts about the game being bad while i am having a ton of fun playing this game. Anyways git lucky i guess.

Is in your universe the game 6.13 yet? Maybe that can fix something idk.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I’m also on EU and solo Q. Best advice I have is to turn cross play off if you haven’t already.

Youll still see a lot of nurses, blights and huntress but survivors there are also sweatier and better.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,222

My solo survivor games have been fine. I escaped 4/6 games last night, all through the gate, no hatches.

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383
    edited August 2022

If soloQ and survivors in general get nerfed patch after patch, it's not wonder that all soloQ players SEEM to be bad, because the soloQ balance is awful now. Good soloQ survivors didn't magically disappeare, in a video game players are always as good as the balance of the game allows them to be. Killers don't have to be good to destroy solo survivors nowadays.

• OldIronKing
    OldIronKing Member Posts: 67

I was having D/C's almost every game when the patch first came out and survivors were throwing a tantrum. After a couple days when they realized the world wasn't ending it went back to normal for me for the most part.

I have also heard that turning crossplay off if you are on Steam results in better matches. I have heard that the matchmaking can also be faster for some bizarre reason as well.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Yeah, thats a side effect. Everyone gets into the wrong mmr bracket and then people complain that the game is to easy/hard.

• KayTwoAyy

The game is littered with features that promote self-serving gameplay.

The primary culprit is hatch, with several other culprits stemming off it. Its very existence undermines every reason a survivor should be a team player.

As long as hatch exists, survivors will always have a reason to stop helping their team and try their luck with hatch spawn RNG.

The second culprit are perks designed to benefit only the last alive.

Sole Survivor and Left Behind both incentivize survivors to abandon their teammates, because they make escaping easier as the last alive.

Perks like Wake Up, Open-Handed, and Distortion make SS and LB even more reliable than teamwork.

The third culprit is keys and hatch offerings.

Paired with the perks above, survivors can guarantee their escape, as long as they are not found before the last survivor is sacrificed.

The fourth culprit is unproductive Archive challenges.

Many people make Archive challenges their primary objective, rather than a side quest to escaping.

When an archive challenge is something like “loot 3 chests in a single trial,” everyone’s chance of escaping goes down significantly.

Not only is this NOT promoting teamwork—it further incentivizes other players to think about themself rather than the team.

At the end of the day, teamwork is far less reliable than the selfish options BHVR has provided

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Except for today at 1am, the mmr after week 1 of this patch has been amazing for me as a killer. If my queue time is short enough I'll get really good swfs, which is all I have ever wanted on blight. High mmr survivors aren't just bots with E we won let's go.

Other than 1 salty comp team no one has been toxic in post game either.

• GooseMan
    GooseMan Member Posts: 104

From killer perspective, I don't know what you are talking about, I'm only getting very strong competent teams

From survivor perspective, yeah, it's pretty bad now

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 417

After stubbornly refusing to play after the patch, I tried yesterday ... and instantly regretted it. I'm much lower MMR than you are (I rarely get any nurses), but ...

First game after two weeks of not playing was already 4k at 5 gens and my motivation to keep playing was super low.

Every game but one was a 4k for the killer with zero chance of completing all gens.

The one other game was a 0k and the killer got completely stomped, got two hooks all game and even failed to camp in endgame for a pity kill, despite the exit being halfway across the map.

None of these games with extreme outcomes were any fun.

It's so weird because I'm not really good at the game, but somehow teammates manage to go down against killers I find almost impossible to go down against. A Nemesis runs after me, whiffs and whiffs and whiffs, misses tentacle strikes too, I get a strong vault, he leaves. Soon after everyone's dead but me and the hatch spawns next to killer and I was outskilled I guess.

The match after which I gave up was against a Trickster. This man too failed to down me all game. This man, oh my ... he couldn't even get a hit on me at the tiniest pallet loop the map had to offer. I guess we need another buff to bloodlust. Didn't matter though, he just needed to give up on me and hunt and kill my teammates which went rather quick (happy Self Care users, I saw them all with my Empathy self caring in a corner while I was getting chased, so yes no gens were done in the time I kept the killer busy). Trickster won hatch RNG too, so he is now officially more skilled at the game than I am.

Not going to play anymore anytime soon.

Also EU, btw.

• KayTwoAyy

This is an excellent case study in why MMR and escape rate should not directly correlate.

I don’t want to be handed free wins because I’m coming off a stretch of games in which my teammates couldn’t have been more useless.

I want to make meaningful decisions, and see my actions reflected in the outcome of a match—not just for myself, but my team.

• Deathlymusic_
    Deathlymusic_ Member Posts: 27

Played 20 games today and kept track of the games I won and lost. I escaped 17 times and died 3 times.

The 3 times I lost was due to a blight or nurse.

I've been playing since 2018 and have done so happily for 4 years.

Maybe your the problem.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

I concur. I am also on the EU servers. I played solo for a couple of hours last night and the team mates I was getting acted like they had no more than 20 hours in the game.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

You don't have to play the game. It's supposed to be fun, but if it isn't fun then it isn't fun. Take a month off.

• Leonardo1ita

I mean, fair, but this is about solo Q not balancement XD

• Leonardo1ita

Exactly what I've always said, if you play from 22 to 2 you'll find so many good survivors!

• Leonardo1ita

In which time of the day you play? Also, which kind of escapes? Exit gates escapes or hatch escapes at 5/4/3/2 gens left?

• alunsa
    alunsa Member Posts: 61

I'm a survivor main first and foremost but I do dabble in killer. I've 4k'd every match within the past few days. From the survivor perspective, teammates have been horrible. From a killer perspective, im sitting here wondering what the hell are survivors doing? Im figuring its a matchmaking issue. No idea what else.

• Leonardo1ita

I play only in the times of the day where there are actually very strong survivors.

• Leonardo1ita

Exactly, like ######### are survivors doing, literally. It's just a massive slaughter during the entire afternoon.

• Slan
    Slan Member Posts: 306

As a someone who play surv only in Solo Q, I have learnt not to fully depend on my teammates. So I find myself carrying my own games quite often by using stealth and perks that allow me to gain distance and then hide from the killer. Also, I do not know if my MMR is high or low, but I haven't faced nurses. However, I encluntered some blights and huntresses above all. Some of my teammates were awesome, doing flashlight saves and bodyblocking hooks when I was getting carried. But some were completely useless although they were trying their best. When the team is good with me, I try to help them by using COH in good places and distracting the killer. When they are bad, I play selfishly, ignoring them unless they are hooked near me, and even going towards them when I am in chase hoping that the killer goes after them. I know it is not ideal, and that I could be a bad person, but if you are on your own, sometimes these desperate meassures can make a difference.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

It’s by far worse. Now it’s impossible to win, and I’m not talking about 4 escapes (win as killer is 4k, so as surv should be 4 escapes). It’s not enjoyable, you only press M1 until the gen is again at 20-30% because of busted killer perks. As I said in other post, can’t imagine a reason to play solo surv now

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

If it is impossible to win, how did I get several four man escapes last night in solo queue?