The new prestige system is demotivating (for me)

Options
2»

Comments

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,957
    Options

I am sorry bro, but you are coping. You weren't listening to what I wrote one post earlier, so I will spell it out again, but in simpler terms.

1) What gave you the idea to prestige your characters? The pictures I showed you were valid up until the very hour of the patch, which was the 20th of July. Up until that point quite literally nothing had changed from all the years prior, ie if you prestiged any character, you would loose all your stuff and gain better loot finding percentages and bloody cosmetics.

2) No, information shouldn't be hidden behind "hearsay" and "word of mouth", but it wasn't. It was as easily found only as doing ONE google search on the dbd website. So what gave you the confidence that it was ok to prestige your characters with irreplacable items from past events?

Claiming that your account was 100% gutted and ripped in 1/3rd simply isn't true. You literally GAVE the order to do so, because you failed to research your stuff before acting on hearsay. I repeat that this is very tragic and you have my sympathy, but this change wasn't a thing of a couple of hours before you had to act, you hat several weeks of real time to decide on the best course of action. And for failing to do so, everything is, sadly, on you.

• Sparks741420
    Sparks741420 Member Posts: 134
    Options

no I didn't Your arguement is 100% invalid. 1 google search? but the actual game itself didn't tell me... that's the point. it doesn't matter if I "missed out" the system as a whole was flawed by not tripling everyone no matter the current lvl or prestige. It was unfair from the get go even IF the announced it in game.. which they did not. saying that I didn't prestige prior makes literally no point in the matter because obviously i didn't because the old system would've made me throw away more of what I had already earned so ofc I wasn't prestiging but how can you say "I gave the order" that's far from the truth the system should've treated everyone fairly from the start. That doesn't make it any less of a rip off.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,728
    Options

Aye. I have a few T1 perks. I usually grab T2 and T3 within the next 4 bloodwebs. Plus you'll never lose their tiers from prestiging moving forward. It's all gewd.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,957
    edited August 2022
    Options

Obviously you are so desperate to his this perceived injustice to you rectivied, that you are incapable of reasoing and understanding the points I am throwing into the ring, but just cherry picking the parts that you need for your narrative.

In this case any further discussion would be just a waste of energy. Have a nice day, but please, one last time: try to cope.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

I lost a whole bunch of items and offerings for survivors because I decided to bring all of them to P1 before the patch, however I'm not carrying on because at the end of the day I now just have to regrind the non teachables perks on the survivors i actually want to olay anf i now have all teachable perks T3 on them all so i can play with whoever i want and try out whatever builds I want. It's super nice, I also just purchased two of the three chapters I was on a break for and now Jonah and Yoichi both have almost every perk on them. The new system is fantastic for getting rid of grind on verteran players for upcoming chapters!