The toxicity is KILLING me

So I was looping one of those T-walls with a window and palette and I had a huntress get so ######### salty over it. For one, I wasted probably a total of 2 to 3 minutes of her time in 3 different chases, nailed 2 gens by myself, plus helped out with 3 others. This ######### gets mad cause I was "running in circles." Like, that is the point of chases, to run loops until you can get away or until the killer gives up and goes after someone else. She got so salty, she started mega camping too. I mean HARD camping, hitting me while I was on the hook. I got downed the first time, and she camped, until one of our teammates distracted her, then another got me off the hook.

Went, cool, lets get another gen. Got caught in ANOTHER loop with her (this would be like the 3rd chase), where I kept going back and forth around the T wall, through the window a couple times, played a palette a few times before being forced to finally drop it.

And I get told in chat that "You were running in circles, you're a loser."

### is wrong with this community? Seriously. So I guess survivors aren't supposed to play the game then?

Comments

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Just another salty player. You did nothing wrong, you were just doing your job. Dont worry about people being salty over nothing. Some people just need to grow up. See you in the fog 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@SIlentCetra said:
    So I was looping one of those T-walls with a window and palette and I had a huntress get so [BAD WORD] salty over it. For one, I wasted probably a total of 2 to 3 minutes of her time in 3 different chases, nailed 2 gens by myself, plus helped out with 3 others. This ######### gets mad cause I was "running in circles." Like, that is the point of chases, to run loops until you can get away or until the killer gives up and goes after someone else. She got so salty, she started mega camping too. I mean HARD camping, hitting me while I was on the hook. I got downed the first time, and she camped, until one of our teammates distracted her, then another got me off the hook.

Went, cool, lets get another gen. Got caught in ANOTHER loop with her (this would be like the 3rd chase), where I kept going back and forth around the T wall, through the window a couple times, played a palette a few times before being forced to finally drop it.

### is wrong with this community? Seriously. So I guess survivors aren't supposed to play the game then?

You did nothign wrong, she did nothing wrong.

Welcome to DBD

• SIlentCetra
    SIlentCetra Member Posts: 187

@Master said:

@SIlentCetra said:
    So I was looping one of those T-walls with a window and palette and I had a huntress get so [BAD WORD] salty over it. For one, I wasted probably a total of 2 to 3 minutes of her time in 3 different chases, nailed 2 gens by myself, plus helped out with 3 others. This ######### gets mad cause I was "running in circles." Like, that is the point of chases, to run loops until you can get away or until the killer gives up and goes after someone else. She got so salty, she started mega camping too. I mean HARD camping, hitting me while I was on the hook. I got downed the first time, and she camped, until one of our teammates distracted her, then another got me off the hook.

Welcome to DBD

I think she did something wrong by bitching about it in the chat, telling me how much of a loser I am.

Joke is on her though, I cost her 2 kills c:

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Survivors are supposed to run straight to the hook and give up. Everything else is toxic. 😏
    On a serious note most killers (even rank 1s) are trash at the game and thus get mad due to their own incompetence which leads to camp/tunnel games as they are not good enough to actually beat survivors legitimately. 
  • SIlentCetra

@Yamaoka said:
    Survivors are supposed to run straight to the hook and give up. Everything else is toxic. 😏
    On a serious note most killers (even rank 1s) are trash at the game and thus get mad due to their own incompetence which leads to camp/tunnel games as they are not good enough to actually beat survivors legitimately. 

I am against camping hooks, I think it's a ######### move, but tunneling? That doesn't bother me. If I can keep the killer's attention long enough for the rest of my team to get gens, I'm okay with it. What pisses ME off is when the killer proceeds to call you a loser because you outplayed them in the chase game. Especially since I'm not generally good at chases ANYWAY, which is why I semi-purposfully have been playing aggressively the last few matches. I can't learn to evade the killer if I never get chased.

I'm just glad my team used the time to stay on gens instead of derping around.

• Master

@SIlentCetra said:

@Master said:

@SIlentCetra said:

Welcome to DBD

I think she did something wrong by bitching about it in the chat, telling me how much of a loser I am.

No, thats part of DBD

• SIlentCetra

@Master said:

@SIlentCetra said:

@Master said:

@SIlentCetra said:

Welcome to DBD

No, thats part of DBD

It shouldn't be. It's called poor sportsmanship. Or, as I prefer, being a little #########.

• Master

@SIlentCetra said:

@Master said:

@SIlentCetra said:

@Master said:

@SIlentCetra said:

Welcome to DBD

No, thats part of DBD

It shouldn't be. It's called poor sportsmanship. Or, as I prefer, being a little #########.

Poor sportsmanship is part of DBD, if you dont like that you better leave now since it will only become worse, not better

• SIlentCetra

@EntityDispleased said:
    So a minute ago you were a new player complaining about paywalls and now you're a godly rank 0 noob stomper? Ok...

the point-------------------->

your head-------------->

Apparently you read nothing I said either. How ditzy can one person be?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

If you want to discuss why people are toxic, please search threads before opening one.
    There's more than enough people talking about this already.

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356
    edited February 2019

You joined 2 days ago and already have posted 8 times? Idk man, I'm not sure you can handle this game. Close the chat window and never open it again if it bothers you because it's been going on forever and won't change anytime soon. I wish they would get rid of the chat window entirely but until then, I keep it closed myself because I don't want to deal with the toxicity either.

• SIlentCetra

@scorpio said:
    You joined 2 days ago and already have posted 8 times? Idk man, I'm not sure you can handle this game. Close the chat window and never open it again if it bothers you because it's been going on forever and won't change anytime soon. I wish they would get rid of the chat window entirely but until then, I keep it closed myself because I don't want to deal with the toxicity either.

The thing is, sometimes there are those few rare moments of positivity. Plus, I LIKE to be the good guy and say GG WP, and that sort of thing. I hate that so many of the community seem to want to just be arses instead.

• Lillika
    Lillika Member Posts: 38

definately toxic behavior, the game is set around certain time a killer is supposed to be able to take down a survivor and you breached this, if I would the killer I would have reported you and had you banned. pls stop this behavior at once or we will not have any killers left and the game will die.

• SIlentCetra

@Lillika said:
    definately toxic behavior, the game is set around certain time a killer is supposed to be able to take down a survivor and you breached this, if I would the killer I would have reported you and had you banned. pls stop this behavior at once or we will not have any killers left and the game will die.

Please stop the BS behavior or you won't have any SURVIVORS left and the game will die.

• Lillika
    edited February 2019

at the moment there are more than 4 to 1 survivors to killers, so get your facts straight, the dev's keep near infinate loops in the game for who knows what reasons, pls don't abuse these or your queues will be long.

• SIlentCetra

@Lillika said:
    at the moment there are more than 4 to 1 survivors to killers, so get your facts straight, the dev's keep near infinate loops in the game for who knows what reasons, pls don't abuse these or your queues will be long.

"At the moment." If the killers keep being arses in their games, it won't stay that way.

• Lillika

I find the opposite to be true, its not a fact pls stick to the facts. I am being mostly sarcastic btw, but near infinite loops are annoying as hell and some maps are just 0 fun as killer because of them.

• SIlentCetra

@Lillika said:
    I find the opposite to be true, its not a fact pls stick to the facts. I am being mostly sarcastic btw, but near infinite loops are annoying as hell and some maps are just 0 fun as killer because of them.

That is less of a survivor issue, and more of a map issue I think. I was playing hillbilly recently and landed on a map (not sure which) with so much clutter that using my chainsaw was virtually impossible. So basically, for the most part I was cut off using what is supposed to be the special power of my character. It meant I couldn't chainsaw sprint to gens, slowing me down, giving me much less map control, and really, undermining what is SUPPOSED to be hillbilly's main threat in the first place.

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    Whine whine whine 
  • Lillika

I do agree toxic chat is a problem, any time anyone is name calling at the end of the match I think they are the problem. I guess I'm just a little bitter atm and I play killer like 99% of the time, and right now its either play my killer with all the perks and good map control or play a lesser killer with less perks and get swf's.

• SIlentCetra

@NoxiousOnnyyxx said:
    Whine whine whine 

Whining about alleged whining is still whining ;)

@Lillika said:
    I do agree toxic chat is a problem, any time anyone is name calling at the end of the match I think they are the problem. I guess I'm just a little bitter atm and I play killer like 99% of the time, and right now its either play my killer with all the perks and good map control or play a lesser killer with less perks and get swf's.

I try not to let salty people in chat get to me, but when it occurs on my first ever time successfully looping a killer around for more than 20 seconds, well...it stung a bit, I'll be honest.

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    You seem like the type of person who can't handle life on their own. Its just a game, grow up. 
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@SIlentCetra you have 3 posts complaining about so much maybe this game isn't for you.

• Lillika
    edited February 2019

I think I have just as many, and telling people to grow up doesnt help btw. Complaining about name calling is perfectly valid, the human condition is important to us and I will be reporting every person who is abusive in end game chat from now on. hopefully they get a ban and warning or something, cus it is not to much to ask people to act like decent human beings in a social game.

• Sinner
    Sinner Member Posts: 334
    edited February 2019
    I forgot what I wanted to say
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Welcome to DBD where how you play in game using the tools provided are toxic to the side your playing versus.

You have had just a small glimpse into the end game chat and believe me it will get much worse.

A lot of the players have an us v them mentality and constantly argue over every little aspect of the game if it does not benefit them.

Rise above it, don't engage, say your ggwp if you wish and leave, thus is a highly toxic community don't get dragged into it or you may become one of them.

Killers camp, survivors loop, both use perks the others dislike and they all hate to lose and talk ######### in the end game chat, it's best to accept the game however someone decides to play if its within the rules.

Read up on the rules and regarding the chat report overly toxic people who say death threats or racist remarks but that's about it.
  • Lillika

actually the only rule should be don't call names or be toxic end game chat, and dev's should warn, temp ban and other stuff for those who violate basic human decency.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

You were just doing your job. It happens from time to time that a killer starts hard camping and hitting you the entire time on the hook, if you were keeping them busy for a couple of minutes. I assume you did not teabag.

If you are facing toxic behaviour, don't let it get to you. Just move on to the next game.

Side note: Some killers also hard camp if you use unbalanced stuff like DS or insta-heals.

• SIlentCetra

@NoShinyPony said:
    You were just doing your job. It happens from time to time that a killer starts hard camping and hitting you the entire time on the hook, if you were keeping them busy for a couple of minutes. I assume you did not teabag.

If you are facing toxic behaviour, don't let it get to you. Just move on to the next game.

Side note: Some killers also hard camp if you use unbalanced stuff like DS or insta-heals.

lol, I am nowhere near high enough rank to get those. I just checked my rank and I am literally rank 17. No way I could be running any of those perks or addons yet

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@SIlentCetra said:

@NoShinyPony said:

lol, I am nowhere near high enough rank to get those. I just checked my rank and I am literally rank 17. No way I could be running any of those perks or addons yet

Ah ok. That's different. In low ranks, you'll meet a lot of these killers. It will get better as you climb the ranks.

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296

How toxic the community is is astonishing HOWEVER why are people so mentally weak to be affected by it? Just ignore it and if it bothers you just never read the after match chat.