The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Does DBD have any in-game moderation?

I'm so fed up of reporting people only for nothing to come of it, even while other major games with reputations for not moderating their players do... much more. Or at least it appears so - maybe BHVR just don't communicate to us when punishments are made?

But I want to be constructive here without just putting the normal wishlist of what behaviour I think should be punished. So instead, it's a question, to anyone on BHVR staff.

Is there anything that can cause a player to be punished for in-game behaviour? Not something mechanical like hacking, but actually anything a player can say or do that will receive any sort of punishment? Has there ever been? Has it changed?

Things I've so far seen reported with evidence with no punishments:

1) Constant deliberate BM such as teabagging or clicking - I'm guessing this is considered not something you want to punish? I strongly feel like it should be but I'm trying to test the waters here.

2) Killers deliberately just trying to bully one person - reverse of 1, we know this isn't punishable, even though supporting bullies seems.. questionable?

3) Racism and sexism in end game chat - never got any response.

4) Racist names that I can't type here - steam did something about it, but no response from BHVR.

5) Literally doxxing paired irl death threats - again, I never even received a response.

So like, where's the line? I think all of these need varying degrees of action, but actual action - but there's clearly a change in severity here. Should I not bother reporting any of the above? Am I wasting someone else's time by reporting these or just my own?

Comments