Just returned to the game

Literally what is happening rn? I’m using the same perks I used like 2 years ago (Lithe, Botany, WGLF, and adrenaline) and everything just feels a lot more difficult than it was back then. My chases feel shorter, I’m getting less BP, and everyone seems to be dying faster. Like a LOT faster.

The new killers are hella cool though. Sadako feels like a worse version of whatever the new monstrosity is that has the locker teleport. I’d like her to be better though, I’m obsessed with The Ring.

Comments

• SPADESinst
    SPADESinst Member Posts: 84

A lot changed within the 2 years you haven't played. SBMM is now in place, so its not match making over grade but skill based. It goes off escapes and kills (I think, I never really cared to find out more about it in depth). A lot of the perks both killer and survivor have been nerfed/buffed. In short, a meta change as happened.

Solo q from what some say on the forum is a lot harder now.

• HMason212
    HMason212 Member Posts: 26

Thanks for responding so quickly :) I’ll get used to it eventually

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

Well killers as a whole got buffed very recently; attack cooldown is shorter and your on-hit speedboost is shorter. Gens are also 10 seconds longer now. Dead Hard also just got nerfed (finally).

Since you said 2 years ago, might also be worth mentioning the following:

-A LOT of perks were changed just recently. Several perks that used to be meta have been nerfed on both sides, a select few were completely destroyed (namely Self-Care). Several others were buffed.

-Keys and moris have been nerfed

-Boon totems are a thing now; they're basically the survivor counterpart of hexes

-There's a new mechanic called Scourge Hooks; these are another category of killer perks which trigger effects when certain hooks on the map are used

-RPD is a ######### map

• HMason212
    HMason212 Member Posts: 26

Omg, I just realized that a perk called circle of healing was allowing to self care every few matches. I thought the game was just bugged out for some reason lmao.

I’ve seen a few scourge hook type perks and honestly, they seem incredibly fun. I love game mechanics that reward you for doing your objective like that.

I also had 3 games on the RPD map today, and I was so beyond lost 💀💀💀 this map is a literal maze, and judging by the layout, it seems like neither side will enjoy the experience