What's the actual point of doing this?

Options
VonCrow
VonCrow Member Posts: 389
edited June 2022 in General Discussions

I just want to understand why. Why are you accomplishing with this? Losing your own time?

Why you just don't leave the game and move on? Can't get how some people can't handle a win at all.

You can't complain about killers being toxic if you do this every time you survive. This is the type of behaviour that makes killers camp and tunnel...this is where toxicity is born.

Comments

• D2night
    D2night Member Posts: 224
    Options

You should not care about this and what other people do with their time. Focus on yourself and move on to the next match when it’s over.

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542
    edited August 2022
    Options

Toxicity cones from everybody spreading Toxicity.

Let's say hypothetically that survivor came from a match where the killer forced a bleed out. Would they justified with how they acted towards you? of course not, you had nothing to do with that. But if you respond by bleeding another survivor and blame the survivor of last game for this, you are not justified. You are just as toxic.

All you can do is prove you hold yourself to a higher standard then others by not acting toxic because someone else was.

• Whoudini
    Whoudini Member Posts: 309
    Options

Bro, just sit in a corner and wait for them to leave and go make a coffee

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

Toxicity is born when a prick who can and will spread the misery does so.

Doesn't matter who.

And I don't imagine this is your first time experiencing a (dis)graceful winner. They won, they want to rub it in, you can't stop them, so they do.

There isn't anything more to it.

• Lecruidant
    Lecruidant Member Posts: 162
    Options

Lets not pretend you haven't waited at a gate either.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

Well, I hate this behavior and make it a point to leave asap as a survivor. Yeah, when someone is trying to get out I help them by bodyblocking and if someone is hooked I might go for a save. But when 3 survivors are at one gate, I will just leave.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,075
    Options

It's funny how survivors always defend waiting in the exit gate til the very last minute, but will get upset if a killer slugs the entire team until they die.

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 564
    edited August 2022
    Options

Sometimes when I’m last survivor I look around the exit to see if the hatch has spawned near me. I also check for any nearby chests for free items. Not everything survivors do is done with toxic intent

• Crowman
    Options

It's exactly the same. Both are wasting time for the sake of wasting time.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

It's not even close, one has a counter, the other does not - how are you comparing something that can be forcibly stopped to something that one has no control over. You'd have to be severely biased to think 2 minutes that can be ended in 10 seconds by the side it's against is the same as a 4 minute forced bleedout with no counter.

• Crowman
    Options

It is the same thing. If you don't like one side wasting time for the sake of wasting time, then you should not like either side wasting time for the sake of wasting time.

If you sit around in the exit gate as the last survivor left you have no right to complain about being slugged until you die.

• Seanzu
    Options

It's the same thing as in it's wasting time yes, but the killer can stop that time wasting by holding W for literally 10 seconds, a survivor can't do anything for an entire 4 minutes, but yea they're "totally the same".

Just like an apple and orange are the same because they're both fruits.

• Crowman
    Options

If you want to defend survivor toxic behavior go ahead, but you can't complain if killers behave toxic

• Seanzu
    edited August 2022
    Options

I think both are fine honestly - but I'm not going to pretend they're the same thing when they're not.

I can go into a thread like this and tell the person to hold W to end it, I can't go into a thread of someone being bled out and tell them to do anything about it because there is nothing they can do.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,910
    Options

You can't control what someone else does, there will always be players displaying bm in games. Always have been and always will be. Best thing to do is just switch your train of thought and don't take it personally. It's not a personal attack against you - it's literally someone just pressing a button because it gives them a little dopamine hit for some reason.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

I have never waited at the gate when I was the last person left. No, as a matter of fact I have not. #JUSTLEAVE

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,213
    Options

Don't go to the gate : just go break pallets and doors or, if you are using a difficult killer, do some tests with its power.

Or use builds to punish this behaviour. Do you know how many times I've downed and killed these? (Unless they've DCed the moment they realized they #########-up? 😂) It's a salt-mine, although some spew reportable horrors in the chat.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,619
    edited August 2022
    Options

The big difference is that Survivors toxic Behavior has no impact on gameplay at all. Killer toxicity however can hinder the Survivors from playing the game.

When I look at OPs post, they got a 2K and 9 Hook-States, which mean that even the two surviving players were hooked at least once (one one time, the other one two times). So they had a decent game, a 2K, probably a good amount of BPs.

Now, what happened to me two days ago - I played against a Nurse on Midwich. She was using Lethal Pursuer, I had her on me right after the start. After some chase I got slugged and just left on the ground while the Nurse was somewhat patrolling around me (she was probably checking Gens nearby but blinked back to me from time to time). My team tried to pick me up, which was a mistake, but in the end, I was not playing the game for over 4 minutes, because I got slugged for the whole duration and the times where I was not slugged, I was able to run a few steps and got slugged again.

In the end, 3 Survivors bleed out, the 4th Survivor was hooked after almost 4 minutes of Bleedout. So 4 Survivors had to lie on the ground for almost 4 minutes and I did not even have a game at all, except for a bit of chase. The Nurse did not even have a build for this (so no Knockout or Deerstalker), just a normal build and even brought a Flan.

So you are telling me that me not being able to play the game for over 4 minutes is the same like a Killer waiting for 2 minutes until the EGC runs out, even if they dont have to wait that long, because they can just force them out? All of this while they had a game with a decent outcome?

Come on...

But I know what the problem is - the Survivor might be teabagging!!!11111

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Killers slugging have no impact for the game, there is no difference in hooking them and waiting for bleedout.

Please do not try to defend literal waste of time with no benefit at all.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,619
    Options

I didnt even defend it, but nice try. 50% of your post debunked.

To the other 50% - there is a difference between being hooked and being slugged. Hooking is a central part of the game. And it is also easier to get an Unhook compared to a Pickup. For Pickup, I would need to run Soul Guard or the other Survivor needs to have WGLF. Both which are very specific. While unhooked, I would have the 5 second of base Endurance, which would at least give me a chance. And then there are Perks which are less situational than Pickup-Perks, which would actually allow for some defense.

And, even if I just get facecamped, I will be dead after 2 minutes instead of 4 AND I can at least do some Skill Checks. So there is a difference.

• VonCrow
    Options

Lol, you are omega tilted.

There is a small difference though. She is wasting my time here, but you are not losing anything if killers get Bloodpoints.

Jesus Christ.

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 606
    Options

Literally walk to the gate and push them out if you're bothered about your time

• Crowman
    Options

You just have to accept the double standard that exists. Killer slugs last survivor and lets them bleed out survivors get pissy about you wasting their time, but they have no issue wasting your time by standing in the exit gate so they can bm you.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949
    Options

This could've been countered by forcing her to leave. Atp, you're allowing this to be prolonged

• VonCrow
    Options

But we are not talking about the same thing.

D2night created a post being tilted about killers getting more bloodpoints than him playing as survivor, and I told him to stop focusing on other players BP and focus on their own. He then went to my profile to see my posts so he could come here to give me the "same answer", but we are talking diferent things.

In fact this post was created on June 23 with 0 answers, and as you can see the kid is the first answer so it was basically some spoiled reaction against my answer (which was even a good advice for life, but whatever).

• VonCrow
    Options

Not really if we want the community to be a better one. I think I already used this example before:

If you have a kid and you are in the supermarket and he starts crying and yelling because he wants a chocolate, the worst thing you can do is to buy the chocolate: he will learn that crying and yelling is a good way to get things that he wants.

Going to the exit gate so they can mock you is like buying the chocolate. If we stop going to the exit gate they might get tired of wasting their own time and maybe they stop doing that.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Well, apparently that isn’t working out for you either.. because you’re writing a forum post about survivors not leaving being a problem for you. Just buy the kid some chocolate and leave the supermarket (trial). That or keep sitting in a corner until he match is over, if that floats your boat.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,047
    Options

If the survivor is at the door then go there and hit him/her and force them to escape. If you dont want to move then do another thing. It is not like you are unable to move or anything.

"This is the type of behaviour that makes killers camp and tunnel".

Wtf is that way of thinking, if you dislike toxic bhvr from surv you shouldnt justify tunneling/camping inmediately after.

Is like saying "i was robbed yesterday, so now i am going to rob to another person".

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

...what? I see nothing wrong here, is it the time being wasted? This is literally nothing new, and something you should be immune to as killer, lol, if you really wanted to do something about it...push them out maybe?