Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Ok hear me out, I feel like Clown is S tier.

Ok, now when you read the title you must’ve been completely flabbergasted that anyone would say such a thing but I feel it is true. If you couldn’t tell, I main clown. And I get a 4K almost every game. His bottles can end a chase almost instantly, and his appearance is just creepy. I mostly run generator perks on him, Pop, Eruption, and Thrilling Tremors. I feel like people don’t give him enough credit. When he has no addons, perks, or offering I feel he could be trash but still powerful. Let me know what you think.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

Clown is a perfect average survivor pub stomper killer if you ask me

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

the best counterplay to clown

also why clown is absolutely boring to play against

• S4ShadowWolf
    S4ShadowWolf Member Posts: 92
    edited August 2022

I find it interesting how you said "hear me out" just to put only two reasons for Clown to be S tier, one of them being purely aesthetics and the other one is circumstantial. It great you get your 4ks. Wonderful. But it doesn't mean that Clown is S tier.

Clown is fun to play. That's about it. His bottles don't end chases instantly unless you have the pinky finger Iri addon, and tier lists tend not to have Iri addons as standard.

How he looks is irrelevant to how he plays. By that logic, survivors should have heart attacks when they see Sadako or Blight.

And most killers aren't great without certain addons, or addons make them more viable. Again, doesn't mean Clown is anywhere near S tier.

As It been mentioned in this thread, predrops every pallet and Clown has lost. Brutal is basically a needed perk for him.

• geni
    geni Member Posts: 150

If survivors play safe and do gens you cant 4k, it will be very hard,unless you tunnel or if you use the build from Otz 50 winstreak on clown).

I love clown too.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,539

I consider Clown to be one of BHVR's greatest successes.

And no, it doesn't have anything to do with his strength, or lack of.

It has to do with a very simple fact:

Clown's changes...are optional.

This is huge! This is a very good thing. This should ring true for countless other things.

This is the one BHVR W, which sadly failed to teach them anything.

• MrJack20252
    MrJack20252 Member Posts: 390

don't sniff whatever kind of thing is inside the clown's bottles or these posts will be the results

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I like Clown, he's a lot of fun. I don't think he's S Tier though, mainly because of his lack of mobility. Yeah, he's good in chases, but that's pretty much all he has. His yellow bottles only marginally help him with map mobility, he has virtually no tracking ability (unless you count throwing a pink bottle where you think someone is hiding and seeing if they scream), and he has no slowdown built into his kit. The only thing he can do is he's more efficient than average at chases.

Which is fine! I like that! 😄 But the killers I put in the top 5 out of 5 stars have more than that. For example, Nurse isn't exactly high mobility either but her time efficiency in chases is insane, even compared to Clown! And Blight has decent chase efficiency and can catch up to fleeing survivors as well as or better than Clown, but on top of that he also has excellent map mobility too.

The killers in the third or fourth spot kind of shift around but they're not Clown. Clown's probably around 3 out of 5 stars, he's better than most of the killers that have no real chase ability at all but not as good as the ones that have both something that helps in chase and also helps them strategically outside that.

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 295

No. He is even better than S tier.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Yes

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

S tier means a killer that basically denies all of the survivors resources (nurse), anything else is a tier, and I'm sorry, but Clown is nowhere near A, I'd put him at like low-mid B, his yellow can affect survivors, and he has to be a bit too accurate to launch his bottles