Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Fixing the game

So, I have couple of questions to ask about Dead By Daylight. Why can the killers kill you while your not injured after the hook. Why does dead hard give you a second chance instead of a dash. Why did survivors get borrow time permanently with haste instead of self care. Inclusion why did the killer get a buff like that and the survivors get a dramatic nerf. If anyone can answer that for me and the Dead By Daylight community with no bias just facts it will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• TheKissKing
    TheKissKing Member Posts: 59

if you are asking for why thats a question only the devs can answer

• Daada595
    Daada595 Member Posts: 14

That's truly understandable and I can agree with that. But with the over usage of perks I can't understand though because it's the only ones that have any benefit in game. Implementing a permanent passive in Dead By Daylight is definitely a game changer for survivor and killers. All I can do now while playing the game is to wait and see what's in store for the game.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Killers were buffed to increase their overall viability. A change that would have been fantastic if it would have come along with adequate nerfs to camping and tunneling, and potentially additional nerfs to a few of the slowdown perks that weren't nerfed.

Dead Hard was changed so it wasn't able to just give survivors the distance they needed to get to the next pallet or window. Or cover up their misplay at a pallet loop.

BT permanantly was to counter tunneling a bit, but 5 seconds is just not nearly enough.

• Daada595

I agree with you on that, 5 seconds isn't nearly enough for BT and I agree on the point that you said with anti looping pallets but how the game is looking now it just looks one sided. Killers have a great kit to stop survivors and I think having that anti loop mechanic is very important so it won't be exploited as much but most of the survivors kits are being nerf dramatically.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I get hellacious use out of the base BT+speed boost. Dunno what you people are on about.

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012

how long have you been away from the game, because if they kept going like they were, i think u wouldn't find anyone playing, if anything this patch kinda helped the game

Why does dead hard give you a second chance instead of a dash

uh.....that was literally dead hard before this patch and it was killing the game

Inclusion why did the killer get a buff like that and the survivors get a dramatic nerf.

Survivors were a power role for 6 DAMN YEARS, to the point that you would end up in a 20 min queue for survivor and kill rates were extremely low, and ghostfaces were extinct

Why did survivors get borrow time permanently with haste instead of self care

i dunno, i guess self care + boons would be just be another nightmare that the devs don't want, assuming those even mix

Why can the killers kill you while your not injured after the hook

Not sure what you mean by that, unless u are exposed or the killer has powers to insta down and you are on last hook, that's not exactly a thing

• Daada595

You have some really good points there and I agree. I play the game all the time and the queue rates was still high only had to wait 3 or 4 minutes before I got in a match. I use dead hard sometimes but not on a main kit but now on the update you only have one or 2 seconds to use it before the endurance meter resets. I was in a couple matches when that happened when me and some friends got off first hook and got mori by the killer before hitting the ground, not sure if that's supposed to be the game or not. About Dead hard I'm not sure how one perk can kill the game when it's so many ways to counter it as killer

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734

While there were some ways to counter dead hard as killer, there were still a lot of scenarios where people were just dead harding to the next pallet or window and the killer couldn't really do anything about that. There also was the issue where people would greed a filler pallet and dead hard to drop it, giving some extra loops around and forcing the killer to break the pallet, which the killer just had to hold forward and get this interaction out of the way as quick as possible.

With the change to dead hard, they basically eliminated this issue and now dead hard is only there to take a hit and not give initial distance. They basically got rid of the scenario where the killer wasn't able to counter dead hard, now killers are able to counter dead hard much easier.

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 685

The mori thing was most likely Hex: Devour Hope which at full strength will make all survivors Exposed and able to be Mori'd at any hook state.

To get to this point though, two things need to happen:

- The hex totem needs to survive as as soon as it's removed, the effects are lost (barring Undying which will give it a second chance). There is apparently a bug currently that keeps the effects after the totem is removed, but it must be somewhat difficult to replicate as I've never seen it happen with mine.

- The killer has to get 5 tokens, which are gained when a survivor is unhooked and the killer is more than 24m from the hook.

It's a very hit or miss perk. If it's totem is not already discovered, at three tokens, when you get the exposed effect, as soon as someone is downed, all survivors get the exposed notification. This usually leads to a quick search and it's immediate removal. It can get very nasty though if allowed to snowball.

• Daada595

With the mori scenario, the killer didn't have devour of hope and it wasn't a exposed status icon the screen when me and my friend got mori without even being injured

• Daada595

I completely agree but how dead hard is now it expires to fast for the second chance. It's only 2 or seconds and you would have to almost run into the killer for it to be effective. With the new update it is fixing anti tunnel with killers and anti looping with pallets which is great.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

@ad19970: They did make the basekit for Killers but left out Gen regression basekit buff that they needed

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734

Dead hard has a window of 0.5 seconds where you can take a hit with endurance. This is a very small window and takes skill and practice to use. The perk is still very strong for those who are skilled enough to pull it off, hence strong perk that now takes a little bit more practice than pressing E.

The point was to nerf the perk so that it is still strong, but harder to use.

• Daada595
    edited August 2022

Which is true it does take more finesse to pull off dead hard and that's fine.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

For me it would've went: Maps, Killer Powers and Addons, Items and Addons, then Perks

Maps: Change loops, Pallets, Long walls, Gen spawns, Killer and Survivor spawns and Totem spawns

Killer Powers: either make basekit changes to them or rework them

Killer Addons: either change there numbers or rework those

Items: change the numbers on those

Item Addons: change the numbers on those

Perks: Adjust the numbers or rework them

• Daada595

That's a good point. Being able to not just rework the perks but the maps as well as how pallets and windows are positioned could change how the game could be played, while balancing out the mechanics of the overall game.

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 685
  • Daada595

Yes it was Myers. I had no idea he had a add-on like that. I rarely use him