Is matchmaking broken

jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,624

Both in SWF and Solo que all I've been getting is the same thing low skill teammates and high skill killers I'm sorry but did miss a meeting where SWF was giving people low skill teammates.

Comments

• TheWheelOfCheese
    TheWheelOfCheese Member Posts: 666

At this point I wish they'd just bring back rank-based matchmaking. It wasn't fantastic, but it made more fun matchups than whatever this mess is.

• ImNotBobDylan
    ImNotBobDylan Member Posts: 221
    edited August 2022

MMR is broken for sure.

1. Queue times for survivors are literally 5 seconds even at 3 AM. There doesn't exist any matchmaking system that works with such low queue time. Just look around every other game has at least ~30 sec queue.
    2. Many regular players have reported winrates that are exceedingly far from 50%, My winrate as killer is over 85%, this should not be possible in a MMR-based matchmaking.
    3. One game I get a lobby with prestiges 0+ and no items, then I dodge and requeue instantly and I get prestiges 10+.

Clearly the "matchmaking" is just throwing people in lobbies as fast as possible.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

This is the closest we have been to ranked based matchmaking since mmr released...

• Oscarnator
    Oscarnator Member Posts: 304

I mean even if it were do you think escapes and kills without context is representative of skill?

• th3syst3m
    th3syst3m Member Posts: 395

It's strange I remember having a lot more fun when it was ranked based. Also I really don't like how they calculate MMR, even if it is a decent indicator of skill over the long term (I don't think it is, especially with how matchmaking favors quick matches over actual MMR) it really feels like ######### game to game.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Out of curiosity. Did you encounter a lot of disconnecting/suiciding teammates since the patch?

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857

I mean it has been broken since day one. SBMM has never worked, not even a single day. But if you are asking about the current problem of getting brand new teammates against non-beginner expert killers as a SoloQ player, then yeah, the skill discrepancy lately is even bigger. That's what you get when you alienate a big chunk of your playerbase and your completely useless matchmaking has to work with even less.

• Droneinthrwind
    Droneinthrwind Member Posts: 102

Yeah, I get about the same. My mmr is dropping because I die a lot after a patch and get worse teammates but killer skill stays the same so it's even a bigger slaughter. Really I feel like canon ball for killer fun at this point.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851

Yup. I’ve been complaining we need longer que times for more fairer/quality matches, and what do they do? Go in the opposite direction.

• acharliet
    acharliet Member Posts: 155

I posted this before and others did as well .. My experience is that most of time MMR doesnt work in SOLO-Q. Its all random, its all RNG. For example I have 4k hours as survivor and I m playing against 8k hours main killer nurse player, what is ok but my teamate 36 hours bill cant do much in such game.. When I see some lobbies then I have to leave many of them, many players prestige 0, basic skins like new players, if not private profile some has only few hours etc.

I think the worst time to play SOLO-Q EU central europe is mornings. I tried couple times, really the worst time to play solo survivors, teamates r somehow like new players.

Example is this morning when my teamate nea 0 prestige - I didnt leave lobby - had 3 perks level one, and 1 perk level two - pretty new player in the game.

SOLO-Q has more problems, wish in future devs would improve solo-q somehow so games wouldnt be just about DC in future

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Yes its broken and even more random than ever before

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,443

MMR has never worked.