Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Wich killer do you main and why?

I main pyramid head because it feels so rewarding and satisfying when you down someone with his punishment of the damned attack behind a wall. Some people hate him because he is so hard to play with, but once you get the hang of him you are almost unstoppable against the most players.

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

I main Nemesis because i am Resident Evil fan boy. And i will main Wesker too.

They are survivors but Jill and Leon are also my main survivors. Rebecca will be added to my main survivors tho :) Resident Evil is best.

• TarunCosmo
    TarunCosmo Member Posts: 181

Freddy, he's the whole reason why I succumbed to dbd. He's weak though, no matter how much I try to rationalize him being good.

Myers, super fun and sneaky, I usually go for jump scares.

Then I rotate everyone else, it all depends on how I am feeling.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

I main pig as I love using her traps for pressure

I also play a lot of bubba because basement bubba is fun for me and legion(who was my former main) because I loved running and stabbing

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,538

Freddy is my beloved. He has been my main ever since I first started playing DBD, back in 2018.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

I main Legion because I like to zoom around chaining hits. Range add-ons are a must ! Also, the chase music is cool, their skins are fun and their add-ons alter their gameplay nicely.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

Doctor originally. Loved his laugh, lore, and power. It also didn't hurt that he's one of the best farming characters.

However I recently switched to dredge. Love his power and design. He feels like an actual horror character. He also has one of the best skins in his doll skin

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Legion.

Running fast, vaulting stuff, and stabbing everybody is fantastic. Also I do really like basic M1 gameplay but most Killers can't afford to take chases like that. Legion can though because Deep Wounds buys them extra time.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

I main Spirit because I’m in love with her and want to marry her.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

No way, it is hard to believe you!

Prove it. Prove that you are in love with Spirit.

• rysm
    rysm Member Posts: 252

nemesis because he is fun to whip with lol.

• GannTM

Ok. I bursted into tears after she told the sad “man in the box” story in Hooked On You that related to the tragic ending of her lore. The amount of sympathy I had for her during that was unreal. No one can top that.

• GannTM

It’s been shipped apparently but idk when it officially arrives. I really can’t wait though 😭

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    edited August 2022

I play whoever I need to get an achievement for or need to unlock perks on.

Once that is done I play whoever I have a daily or tome challenge for.

Finally, I play Michael, Hag, Clown, and Pyramid Head when I have no other goals.

• Arkck
    Arkck Member Posts: 27

Blight as I love how there's always more to learn with blight

• BigboiLevi
    BigboiLevi Member Posts: 17

Bro shes not gonna marry you bro,

she wants you dead💀

• GannTM

Yeah she wants me dead so I can become a spirit myself.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379
    edited August 2022
  • BigboiLevi
    BigboiLevi Member Posts: 17

Yes you are right. I tried dredge too and its so fun to catch survivors off guard when teleporting to a gen.

• Slingshot47
    Slingshot47 Member Posts: 158

The only Killer I can really call a main is Myers. He is one of the most straightforward killers in the game, so I can play him when I just want to focus on fundamentals, and Halloween is one of my favorite slasher movies. I have the most time on Myers, and he was the first DLC I got. Overall, though, I play a lot of different killers and tend to rotate between them often. I can't play the same killer for too long.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,855

Ghostface because he's fun to play thematically and very different from standard killers. You can spook people, jumpscare, and generally have stealthyboi shenanigans.

Problem is that he's so unviable at high MMR if you focus on stealth, so I've had to start retiring him. Gens just fly too fast, and he has to take so much extra time to stealth around, and 90% of the time you get revealed through a wall anyway.

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 662

Sadako. It may sound weird but Ringu was one of my childhood movies and one of my mom's favorites, she had it on a VHS tape and I watched it when she went to work. To this day I don't know where she got the tape (it was translated to my native language, which made it weirder).

Yeah, ######### up thing to grow up with but something about how graceful and clean the movie looked while having a really tense atmosphere completely charmed me, I still remember vividly the first time I watched Sadako give Ryuji a heart attack. It was 2 PM on winter vacation, I had just returned from the kitchen after preparing some chocolate milk for myself thinking the movie was practically over after Reiko "saved" Sadako, just to return and see Sadako slowly walking out of the TV. I was probably just as paralyzed as Ryuji was in that moment, it kept me awake for a couple of nights but in a good way, like I couldn't fathom how awesome that ending was.

When she came to DBD I was excited but feared that they would butcher her power or appearance but to my surprise she felt on point, for the most part (I wish they did more with the tapes).

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 917

I main Wraith because I like how he has to be tactical if he doesn't want to be steamrolled. He has to know when to hit who and why that matters, or he also won't know why priorities shifted.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

Nurse because she is fun af

I might switch to wesker because he is fun af

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

I also main pyramid head because it feels so rewarding and satisfying when you down someone with his punishment of the damned attack behind a wall. I also played Silent Hill 2 to death when I was a kid, so he and me, we go way back. For a while I hardcore tunneled with him, as thats what he is best with kit, ie the good old "Hook, cage, hook" whombo-combo, but after some scolding and reprimanding of @GoodBoyKaru I am now a way more chill Pyramid Head that routinely gifts survivors the hatch, unless they were totally obnoxious during the trial.

And I will forever cherish the savory double KOs of unsave unhookings before the BT basekit. That alone made quite a couple of players DC, but I can imagine how your heart must sink at such a moment.

Besides Pyramid Head I play a lot of Clown and Oni, am trying to git gud with Spirit and will soon be a Wesker main! Yeah!

• Dhurl421
    Dhurl421 Member Posts: 154

Demo. He and Steve are why I bought the game, and I love playing him more now that he's an "exclusive" character.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I don’t main any killer, I just see what my new daily ritual is each night and if it’s a killer I play that one (except Nurse who I actively dislike playing.)

I don’t play survivor very often, but when I do I play Plunderer Ace. 👉🧢 👉📦

• Balsadar22
    Balsadar22 Member Posts: 17

I main Plague! Since her release she always felt very unique with a lobbed style contagious projectile. Her teachables are very beginner friendly and her lobby music and chants are nice to relax to when you end up waiting a half hour for a lobby. Not to mention her....natural...beauty... I guess. Just a fancy way of saying her cosmetics are also very unique.

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 450

Lately I've been playing hag because I never face them. I like how much of a powerhouse she can be but when I lose I feel like it's a fair game.

I have many other killers I play a lot though such as Clown and plague but hag is a very fun change for me.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Trickster: Knifes go *clink* *clink* clink

Artist because I love sniping in video games, something about hiring an enemy from far away is fun. (I'm one of those losers that just hides on hills sniping people in Fortnite)

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439

I'd go with Rin Yamaoka, because her lore was kinda touching, including the expansion or rather explanation in Hooked On You.

Outta all the killers in-game, I've found her to be beautiful, to understand fashion better than anybody else; You don't have any other killer, who'd go and take care of himself or herself, right?

There's also the way she behaves, which was also expanded or explained in Hooked On You. Because this could be seen as a potential spoiler, I'm not gonna talk about it; I shall, however, mention that I've found myself symphatizing with her overall and share nearly the same look, point of view on the World and life in general.

The last reason is because I've been always interested in Japan and its culture; From the origins of their alphabet to their fashion, to their architecture, up to their polite and kind behavior. You don't just get people to bow to you and show so much of a respect towards you even when they don't know you at all in Europe, North America, and other regions and countries there.

I haven't liked what kind of a treatment she has received from BHVR, but I don't care. Even if she gets to be furthermore nerfed, I'll still prefer her over anybody else.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
    edited August 2022

Never really mained any killer, since i get bored pretty easily by repetition, but my "main" and only killer i worked to get all perks available to me on was Oni.

Why? Because I liked that he was fun for me playing him as M1 as well as charging around with his M2. Seeing streamer afterwards sometimes ######### themselves panic swiping their cam when i went enrage somewhere across the map was funny.

Also one of the killers with the most "like to play against" and least "hate to play against" mentions on these forums.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I main Artist because I love her visual design, her cosmetics, her power, basically everything about her.

Dredge because I love how spooky their power can be and they have some of the best cosmetics in game.

Still currently learning Pyramid Head and also hoping to main Spirit again since I basically have to re-learn her power because I haven't played as her in so long. And Wesker will definitely be one of my mains when he comes out.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

It's the reason I play dbd at this point. There is no other killer that compare to blight, both in gameplay and skill ceiling.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,108

Blight I guess. It's not just his strength or his speed, but how much more polished he feels compared to other killers. Even he fails at giving me the hits and the turns that I want, but it at least feels smooth unlike Doctor, Twins, and Artist who are super janky. I use both rush recovery add-ons, the brown and the yellow, so that he flows even better.