Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why are Killers so triggered lately?

Letting Killers swing at windows and pallets is apparently really toxic. I get (almost) tunneled every game because of this or helping out a teammate that is getting tunneled out of the game is also toxic.. Some killers needs to calm down, it’s just a game. Stop acting like this towards people that do nothing wrong.

Comments

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I'm less triggered than normal but alas I am only 1 person

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,331
    edited August 2022

Sometimes I'm angry, but sometimes I'm not...as angry

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709

How is tunneling you any more or less wrong than you making them swing and miss or helping someone out?

Maybe stop complaining about people that aren't doing anything wrong either?

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

The first part(I don't know how to quote specific parts on this forum) I won't lie I'm guilty of doing that as I had a awful experience on the swamp map one too many times

• Grum
    Grum Member Posts: 273

Live servers are typically filled with killers trying way too hard whenever a PTB is going on. It's best to not bother playing survivor while a PTB is going on.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    edited August 2022

I main Deathslinger, pog log is not difficult for him to deal with at all. Nor is much of swamp at all since there's so many low loops.

I'm not really gloating, the killer just got really mad when he committed to a chase he clearly was not winning. Entirely his own fault. Also suggesting downloading Aim Lab was genuinely helpful advice, I downloaded it and 1 to 1 replicated Slinger's gun in it. My accuracy rating went from something like 43% up to 87% after a few hours of practice.

Edit: also pog log is not an infinite lmao

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I had a Nemesis tunneling in Sadako PTB... That patch was about Sadako with GF,Legion change

Usually if there is a new map, I will play Trapper in PTB to test trap placements, but thats it

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited August 2022

I think you are in same vein as those killers as you are taking tunneling personally, there is no real reasoning for tunneling beside "they found you first".

if we believe your assumption of that those killers are triggered is correct, of course.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    edited August 2022

I sometimes go into a frenzy of hook slapping. It is therapeutic to hear them scream.

I have not played a killer in weeks though. I want to face survivors who are used to the changes.

This is a youtube video of me getting face camped and hook slapped by a wraith in one of my very first games of DBD in 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASatcoLR5IM&t=410s

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,302

One of them had the nerve to hit my boobie while I was hooked. The big dummy.

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184

The real question is...why are you triggered about killers being triggered? Boom your mind is blown. Nah but seriously this game is the most triggering game in all of history. Killers and survivors haven't been more triggered recently they have just been triggered forever

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Honestly, after the nerfs, aiming with Deathslinger is practically not viable as missing is extremely punishing and the hitboxes in this game are infamously bad. I can barely play him and I had top 1% aim in another fps. So, like, even if I am not the best, I generally can aim. But I rarely play that sorry excuse of a killer and when I do, aim does not carry me whatsoever.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    edited August 2022

He's super good in my opinion, but much harder to get results with than most other killers. Aiming is actually not really as important as other components of using his power. Most of the time when I talk to people that "main" Deathslinger, the only bit of tips they have is "land your shots"... which is about as useful of advice as "don't die." Slinger is a lot more nuanced than people give him credit for. Been wanting to make a guide or something on him for a while.

A lot of doing well with him is just memorizing hitboxes of things, so you know what you can shoot over and what you can shoot through. Also I swear his harpoon detects mesh collision and not capsule collision (but only on some survivors and not others, smh my head), so different survivors can be shot at different locations that other survivors can't be shot at. Notably, Jeff is easier to shoot over loops and Jane is easier to shoot around corners. Nea is very short, but it feels like her hitbox is slightly above her head so you can shoot over some structures and still hit her when you actually can't even see her. For some reason, Meg is VERY hard to shoot. I actually don't know why. Also, your harpoon will also occasionally go straight through Dwight and Jake at less than four meters and at greater than 12 meters (very frustrating). Edit: Slinger's harpoon hits the collision capsule. Does not care for the mesh at all. You can shoot Nea about three feet above her head, and Jeff's head touches the very tip of the capsule

On top of that, you also have memorizing which loops you can get hits on after landing your harpoon. By that, I mean which precise location you and the survivor have to be standing in at a given loop for you to get a hit. You can manufacture that situation by zoning out the survivor by holding ADS and forcing them to crouch to avoid your shot or by double backing. In addition, you can get downs at most (if not all) loops even after the pallet has been dropped and you shoot the survivor when you're both in "the magic spots" for that particular loop when the pallet is down.

Of course, there's also mind games but with a gun. You can think of your harpoon as a hyper extended 18 meter lunge at times. So you can do a typical M1 mind game and get a survivor to be out of position, but even if they correct for it they're still in range to get shot. So sometimes you just want to trick a survivor into giving you clear LOS when you can't shoot over the loop or through any walls. If a survivor is trying to get to a strong loop, you can just hold ADS and walk forward and create a bit of an invisible line in the sand that they don't want to cross, so they're forced to go to a different loop or risk crossing the line and getting hit. There's also conditioning survivor's behavior if they're the type that tries to juke your shot a lot. So you can create of pattern of "fake, fake, shoot" or something, and then start holding ADS like you're lining up a shot and letting them spin while you get closer, or just suddenly just shoot them without faking at all.

There's also things like pre-aiming around corners so they can't react to you raising your gun, knowing how much to lead based on the distance, knowing whether to shoot or not if the survivor is looking at you, ect. Idk, I should just make a guide already.

Post edited by BenOfMilam on
  • Kalinikta
    edited August 2022

I know killers and survivors can be toxic at times, but the OP goes I am just playing the game, why so triggered because they tunneled which is just as much simply playing the game... Yet he seems tilted about it?

There is no mention of being hit on hook for 2 min straight and even if it was I doubt it would be each and every single game.

I don't get your response to my post and the relevance.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

You are right, my bad, the "getting hit for 2min straight" was anecodotal by another player further down the thread, not by OP.

The rest of my post was just some bantering and talking about things vaguely relate to the matter discussed in the thread. Its often more fun to respond to someone specific then just shouting something out into the void :) Sorry if I came of somewhat stand-offish.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

Yep, I really wonder what they are thinking sometimes...

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,564

Perhaps not directly but variables such as increased gen times, buffed regression gen perks, reduced attack cooldown and the nerf to DS made it easier for killers to make pressure, especially for a solo group. Not to mention killers like Nurse and Blight didn't even need these buffs to begin with.

A well-coordinated SWF may have a chance but I've noticed a spike in camping & tunneling in my games.

• Kalinikta

No worries, I just wasn't sure where we were in disagreement or whether I missed something to be honest. 😅

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,828

I wouldn't say gen regression perks were buffed. I'd much rather play against Overcharge + CoB than Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer/Pop.

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,564

Fair enough. The new regression buffs have been effective. I've seen more players running Eruption and even SH: GoP.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Yes man, All survivors are also clicky clicky pre throwers with no looping skills true.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

How did they know your perks beforehand? and if all other killers did meme too, did they all change when you turned tryhard, or did they have to wait or something?

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012

every single damn killer that i played against in the PTB had meme builds, and instead of being a ##### you could have simply asked me and i would have answered and yes i guess everyone waited for ME to tryhard maybe i should just tunnel and camp in ptb even tho i gain nothing from it by your logic

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702

Lmao this same exact thing can be said about survivor. I also say GGWP in post game lobby, even if I lose.

Last night had a SWF running half sabo and half beamers. 3 popped sacrifice hook spreaders, and they took us to RPD. They tried so hard to bully squad it, but I ended up 3k’ing and the post match lobby was FILLED with salt, tears, and slurs. 😂

I won’t even bring up the amount of teabagging / clicky boys who DC when they get hooked 30 seconds after being cocky..

Survivors are just the same. 😬

• Bubble0seven
    Bubble0seven Member Posts: 115

I love how you only think that killers are the only tryhards LMFAO it occurs on both sides champ Nearly every 3rd match i get survivors that are sweatier than a footballers jockstrap playing like its a dam ESport....I don't mind the energy they bring its a challenge but don't think it is just killers ts both

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,331
    edited August 2022

They want to elicit a reaction for their satisfaction. Now that doing good as killer is easier than beating a Pokémon game it's like having a field day.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

If you loop me for an extraordinary long time this means you got skills and am too dangerous to be kept alive/risk resetting and being an absolute nuisance.

I don't believe in camping, as it hurts the killer more then the survivors, if they are somewhat competent, but I do believe in tactical tunneling, and being too competent makes you a prime candidate. Even if it doesn't work it will usually lead to other survivors taking protection hits and not working on gens.

So being too good or too competent might lead to your own downfall, the classic trope of "victim of ones own success". *shrug* It's a killer kills survivor world.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

Lol. Of course you have better explanation to all these hook slaps, nodding, camping and "ez" in endgame chat, huh? ;-) I would like to hear it.

• SgtMittens
    SgtMittens Member Posts: 249

To piggyback off this, I also find it interesting that killers will shake their heads no and act like a Super Bowl MVP when they finally down you even though they've whiffed, moonwalked to a pallet with no one there and/or eaten more wood than cheap hooker.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,208

The former requires killers to leave the hook to kick gens.

The latter requires hooked survivors to be unhooked.

So neither favour camping.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    edited August 2022

I don't know if I make impression that low that you provide arguments like "slap to say you played well". This is the same as "Survivors t-bag just to say you're great". And another thing: I don't t-bag, I cannot afford it, and I got down in chase pretty quickly, why I deserve hookslaps and nods? GG? Don't make me laugh. And my matches 90% are 4K for killer, what so important to say "ez" other than sad kids with fragile ego? Exactly, they are "arse hats", as you said, but that's exactly what I was talking about. Kids with some "personal reasons" like the situations where they don't have to compete, just dominate.

And, btw, I said "many" because it is many (50%). I had plenty killers that made 4K, but it was healty and interesting gameplay and we had very nice chat aftermatch.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

This forum can be more triggering than the game.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

A lot of times it's because they've had numerous bad matches beforehand against survivors who teabagged, clicked flashlights at them, and spammed "ez" in the endgame chat, and the killer did what you're doing now, assuming all survivors are the same and deserve to be treated in kind.

It's a game, people play it to have fun, and when they paid money for something but aren't having fun with it they become frustrated, and frustration can become ugly quickly. Both sides have some players who treat the opposing side like trash, and it just encourages the other side to become more aggressive in response. It's a cycle. Your generalization about many having low self-esteem and wanting to dominate others is gross.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804
    edited August 2022

honestly, i've been the exact opposite of triggered for quite a while now, Killer's been really relaxed, even with zero slowdown perks (which i have been doing since 6.1.0 came out, and have at least gotten 7 or 8 hooks every match)

only thing that's been bothering me is that killer queues take for-flipping-ever at any time of the day that isn't the dead of night, which is completely understandable, since killer is a lot easier to play now

• Grum
    Grum Member Posts: 273

My killer matches have been fairly relaxed, honestly.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

However, as a baby nurse myself, I can tell you that when I run into this situation I usually will purposely chase you until I catch you or not, because it's actually the best way to really learn nurse and when I finally catch them I feel like I really learned something, even if I missed the previous 30 times.

Yet I don't do this out of spite nor I'm frustrated by it. When I catch them I usually pretend to get turned around and fail to make it to a hook so I can chase them again.

I don't really like nurse though, the fatigue animation is uncomfortable, so I will likely remain a baby nurse forever....