Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Things You Hate About The Killers You Main/Like?

StarLost
StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Title. Basically - the killers that you enjoy playing most. What are their flaws/irritations?

I used to main Hag, then Demo, then a few others but now I basically rotate through several killers.

• Dredge. Just...so much fun, in every way. He'd likely be my #1, but I hate his visual design. Cucumber the Conqueror - too silly.
  • Artist. Infinite skillcap, can always do something better. Love her visuals and audio. Held back by crap addons, which make her a bit one dimensional at times.
  • Demogorgon. I've played him a bit too much over the years, but just...so much fun. Almost the perfect killer, in many ways. Some bleh addons, can feel a little weak against strong groups. Shred misses feel a bit too punishing.
  • Hag. See Demo. Love her, still play a good amount but I'm a bit bored of her. Her addons are either solid but boring, or worse than an empty slot.
  • Nemesis. Took me a while to cotton onto the big boi, but once you have a feel for him, he's extremely fun. Zombies glitching out makes me a sad bioweapon, and certain maps with weird heightboxes are...ugh. Swamp.
  • Trickster. I hated this guy with a passion for a while, but at some point he just 'clicked' for me, now I enjoy him. Hate how often people DC against him.
  • Twins. I often go 'hey, I haven't played Twins for a while, I wonder why?'. Then I play Twins. Then I go 'yeah, I remember now'.
  • Ghostface. So much fun! I hate being revealed by survivors on hook.
  • Myers. I only really enjoy him with VM and Rabbit, but oh boy do I have fun with that. Wish VM was a yellow, struggle to keep this style sustained.
  • Cenobite. Another killer I love, but hate how the second I spawn in someone goes AFK in a locker or cable pulls.

How about you?

Comments

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    edited August 2022

Artist: same reasons you mentioned.

Hag: just bored, it's either a massacre or a little bit of a struggle and I know exactly which in the first two minutes of the match. And it's almost always a 4k

Sadako: I'm a sucker for a straightforward M1 killer with a fun side gimmick (Pinhead, Ghostie, Trapper, Clown) but she lacks reliable antiloop and her demanifested state is a complete joke.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967
    edited August 2022

huntress - too many objects with weird hitboxes it's genuinely hard to play her on certain maps

Trickster - just everything about him on console makes him unfun sometime I usually play with crossplay off so I don't play against pc survivors

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Spirit: Mother-Daughter Ring and Dried Cherry Blossom shouldn’t be a thing.

• NemmyMan3000
    NemmyMan3000 Member Posts: 228

Clown- Its really fun looping on some maps and catching people of guard. No map pressure tho.

Freddy- Loooove looping killer shack and is just an all around fun character but his power is too easy to dodge and you have 0 abilities early game unless you bring iri add on.

Trapper- Satisfying as all h3ll when you get a surv in a trap during loops but same things with Clown, no map pressure.

Deathslinger- Honestly satisfying hitting long shots and especially fun when hitting shots through the smallest cracks of loops and getting a hit off. Gets boring after a while tho.

Pig- Really good hybrid killer and is fun creating a lot of pressure but her ambush dash can feel too punishing at times.

Nemesis- Fun killer and some funny zombie moments. I just feel that surv shouldnt get a speed boost if they get contaminated. (Needs more skins)

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Doc: latency, I know this is something that probably can't be fixed, but gosh, the amount of times I could've gotten a hit if it triggered the 2.5 seconds of ...immobilization?

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532

Plague - A great counter to the healing meta, passively causes a broken state. But the low projectile speed of the vomit makes it hard to change the direction of the vomit or lead it, and there are too many ghost vomit hits where the vomit either phases through the survivor or the survivor will react to being hit by vomit but don't actually get affected by it.

• Ayamir
    Ayamir Member Posts: 291

Papa Kazan is too loud in the lobby I am just trying to change my loadout but Oni-chan keeps screaming at me hes always angry.

He also makes my ears bleed with all the screaming I have to endure good thing I can just go in the hook charms customisation and make him silent(Did not think about that before sorry Kazan)

• Slingshot47
    Slingshot47 Member Posts: 158

Myers...where do I start.

Tier 3, for as long as it takes to get there, gives you maybe one down at best. It's a miracle if you can get more than that before time runs out.

Tier 1 is absolute garbage. It might be useful if the lunge range wasn't so abysmal. I can't really call Myers a stealth killer when your best strategy involves getting rid of your stealth for the entire round ASAP.

Tier 2, where you'll spend most of the game, is just basic M1 without much else. If you want Tier 3, you have to deliberately slow yourself down and lose chase, potentially missing out on hits and downs.

Ghostface and Oni do everything Myers does but better.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

Twins.

How hard it is to hook people sometimes. People think twins are toxic because we slug people.

Its not that, its because we can be on one side of the map with charlotte and on the other side with Viktor. If we try to go for a hook in that situation we are wasting a lot of time just to get to the survivor, its not feasible.

And saying just play them close together is inane, being able to pressure multiple places on map at once is one of twins best aspects. There is a time to play them together and there is a time to play them apart.

In same vein there is a time to hook survivors and there is a time to slug them.

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    edited August 2022

Nemesis

Love: Zombies (thematically), the build up of his power and making choices between keeping a well placed zombie alive or consooming to level up my power (spoilers, the well placed zombie will end up stuck in a tree/rock anyways, just consoom it), feeling powerful at Tier 3 if the survivors aren't properly utilizing the vaccines.

Hate: Zombies (AI), spending time to level up my power only to still have hit survivors 3 times because lol 4 crates of vaccines, not having a classic RE3 Nemesis skin, the fact that BHVR chose Blue for the VFX as opposed to Purple (which in the RE series and specifically Nemesis, has been linked to "Poison" and "Infected" status effects, blue is associated with CURING the poison / virus), the fact that survivors look like they just got covered in some blue spray paint when they're infected.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,886

Spirit: I have a hearing deficiency, so I struggle tracking sounds, which makes her like B-tier when I use her. The directional phasing nerf really made my life difficult.

Sadako: Good survs make life miserable in loops.

Pyramid Head: Garbage add-ons

Demo: Meh add-ons, and as mentioned earlier, missed shreds are too punishing

Huntress: Hard to use optimally on console

Plague: Vomit hits not consistent due to the nature of the mechanic, misses when it should hit a lot of the time.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Artist - I love her power, her lore, and her visual design. However, she has very mediocre addons and her Dire Crow hit boxes can be a little weird at times.

Dredge - I love their power and visual design, however some of their addons work a little weird. (Like Boat Key and Iridecent Wooden Plank).

Sadako - I love her power and visual design, but she's held back by a weak power. Condemned doesn't do anything and survivors can remove her map pressure (TVs), which honestly shouldn't be a thing. Also her jumpscare in the lobby. I could be zoned out levelling her up while waiting for a lobby and she'll just pop out of nowhere. It's cool, but I kind of wish there was an option to disable it.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

The way Devs add every hitbox to clutters on the ground to make them not hiding Bear traps anymore...

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Legion - I love chaining hits, I love their chase music, I love the range add-ons for maximum zooming. I hate that people hate them and DC.

Hag - I love her mechanic, I LOVE her mori, but I hate that I can't switch killer in lobby when I see 3 flashlights. Mostly I hate that the traps are so easy to destroy, because then you're less powerful than an m1 killer since she's really slow. Also, totem spots are a pet peeve of mine. I only seem to have good Devour Hope games on Swamp.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    edited August 2022

Legion: same as the guy above

Pig: her dash is a tad too long to charge up and use

Bubba: I hate getting large maps it makes it hard to take people to my basement parties

Twins: I love going against them as survivor it's always fun playing a game of dodge the Victor what i hate about them is that twins players are an endangered species

• StarLost

I hate facing Twins, because it's bloody hard to pip - Victor doesn't count as a chase.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Clown: The constant need to reload and being punished with more of it for using the antidote well

Pinhead: Inconsistent chain spawns

Slinger: Honestly just playing him at the moment

• Teslaboi
    Teslaboi Member Posts: 107
    edited August 2022

Freddy- pallet freddy is sooooo fun for me, Snares are boring, wish pallets was base

Pig: Wish the crouch movement was faster and the roar came after the dash started. Love the passive slow-down

Legion: Auto aim on feral hits sucks. Go fast equals dopamine.

Billy: overheat, Basically always have to run the overheat brown add-on to feel like old Billy. Curves feel amazing.

Nemesis; Tentacle hit boxes feel jank as hell. Zombies feel awful a lot and feel amazing zometimes.

Myers: being stuck in tier 1 is awful. Tombstone is unfair but feels so good when you're the one using it

Demo: Teleporting is fun, haing portals destroyed feels sad. Feels like i have to constantly channel just to keep portals up.

Blight: Most aesthetically pleasing killer ever!!! he is soooo hard to se effectively.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

Trapper:

• Every single The Realm Boyond map significantly shadownerfed him to the point where you just can not hide your traps anymore
    • Escaping a Bear Trap is completely based on RNG, so even if you catch someone there is no guarantee that you can actually get a down from it - they might just get out first try and get away before you even vaulted the window or turned the corner.
    • Having to run accross the entire freaking map just to get access to a power that is used best in one small area - what is the point of an area defense Killer when they have to constantly leave the area they try to defend just to get access to their area defense ability?!

He is extremely RNG reliant and I hate that. It goes from map RNG to trap spawn RNG all the way to trap escape RNG - he is just extremely unreliable in every way possible - the only thing you can really rely on is that by the time you managed to set up your power, you've lost a bunch of gens already.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Cenobite- still learning him, trying to find box can be frustrating.

Legion- Being an M1 killer can be painful

Oni- survivors that play ultra safely on safe maps are a nightmare, even if they are doing the right thing when it comes to facing an Oni.

Wesker- Buggy as hell

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

Legion - not enough perks really compliment his ability to injure survivors. Thana got nuked, Blood Echo needs a buff, and Stridor is only really worth using on Spirit.

Blight - consistently inconsistent collisions.

Spirit - this isn't Spirit herself, but way back when I used to play her a lot more often. The sheer amount of hate and vitriol I'd get more or less ruined her for me, despite still enjoying Spirit herself. Speaking of which....

Agreed. I lost my Father's Glasses but MDR is okay? Why?!

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,220

Nurse- She's going to get absolutely gutted over player skill issues and bad matchmaking. There's a massive difficulty difference with Nurse vs survivors that know how to play against her and the average player. It seems inevitable at this point

Spirit- MDR/Dried Cherry blossom is ridiculous and shouldn't exist. She attracts hackers because she's invisible when she uses her power and it's hard to prove that someone didn't hear something, but if you play a lot of Spirit, you know it when you run into it.

Billy- Every map seems to get an anti-Billy pass before it's released. Someone on the dev team absolutely hates Billy and his ability to curve

Pinhead- there's no point in going for skill shots or long range shots. He has a super high skill cap for not a whole lot of reward

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734

Artist: I hate when I place birds and they're still close enough to a hill that they will go up the hill instead of travel through it, such an inconvenience to have to move to the side of the hill so it doesn't fly over the survivor, same with going down stairs. (Super annoying on Gideon for chases) Also hate when I accidentally double click and I have to wait a split second to place my bird, twitchy fingers cause me hits sometimes.

Dredge: I accidentally flick my wrist at the last second before hitting teleport so I teleport to the wrong locker. (Flicking my wrist to look around while teleporting, but clicking buttons in wrong order results in this)

Trapper: They get out of the trap as I'm spamming spacebar... I'm still trying to get that achievement.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,933

I don't main any Killer so I'll point out a thing which I don't like about any Killer.

Trapper: Available Traps are to spread out around the edges of a map.

Wraith: The Nerf to his lunge, bring it back to 1.25 seconds.

Billy: Overheat, remove overheat.

Nurse: Her existence.

Huntress: Her hatchet hitbox. I know they tried to alter it in the past and it didn't work out, but being stuck with fridge-like hitboxes isn't a solution either.

Shape: The fact that his ability can run out.

Hag: Her camping potential, she shouldn't be able to place traps around hooks.

Doctor: His lack of lethality. His power should be faster, so you can transition into an M1 quicker.

Leatherface: His ability to facecamp.

Freddy: His whole "rework"

Pig: Her ambush mechanic being way to slow.

Clown: Same as Doctor.

Spirit: The fact that the chase music doesn't stop as soon as I press M2.

Legion: Thanatophobia.

Plague: Thanatophobia.

Ghostface: Cooldown way to long, still.

Demogorgon: Nothing, he is perfection.

Oni: The fact that he can be robbed of his power entirely when Survivors play safe.

Deathslinger: His nerf.

Pyramid Head: The fact that he is a total of 3 useful Add-ons.

Blight: The fact that he has to many way to useful Add-ons.

Twins: Their existence.

Trickster: Main event. Takes ages to activate, doesn't stay active like Blood Fury, still countered by lockers or rocks.

Nemesis: His zombie RNG. Way to helpful at times, way to useless at times.

Pinhead: His risk/reward ratio. He is harder than Nurse, but his reward is way less than Nurse.

Artist: Her synergie with DMS.

Sadako: The fact that she is still not buffed.

Dredge: He feels way to clunky to play, and feels miserable to play against.

Wesker: N/A yet.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

Spirit - Most purple, green addons are stupidly meme like and terrible. Which forces players to use MDR because next best speed addon is much slower than that.

Hag - Not a type of killer whose ability is focused on chase. Hag is rather a drop-chase type killer.

Trickster - Recoil. Also he doesn't have any windup/cooldown addons which would help him a lot.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Yeah that made no sense. Also they had to add Dried Cherry Blossom??? That add on should have never existed.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    edited August 2022

Bubba - While fun to play, he enable some unfun playstyles and his existence makes some killers seem obsolete. His power is basically an on-demand hyper extended lunge that instadowns you... sound familiar?

Clown - Fun to play and stylistically cool af (clowns are cool, no you cannot convince me otherwise), but generally struggles to perform adequately without heavy assistance from snowballing perks.

Legion - Gets too much slowdown for very little effort, and is fun to play but boring to vs. Benefits greatly from nasty or mean builds with perks like The Third Seal or Knock-Out.

Deathslinger - Sometimes your harpoon goes straight through people, sometimes you can hit people when you can't even see them. Sometimes your harpoon bounces off of thin air, sometimes it goes straight through the roof of a car and hits someone. Also the one of the most latency dependent killers, lag hurts him very badly.

Twins - Missing a single pounce as Victor is soul crushing. In poor Victor's case, it is literally crushing most of the time.

Trickster - Everyone DC's against him too quickly to play a proper match.

• Michi
    Michi Member Posts: 120
    edited August 2022

As a hag only player I actually have a few issues with her :

- flashlights - > she shouldnt be,, that" weak to an item. Just barely click a flashie on a trap and it's gone while it takes ages to burn a nurse/wraith or to disarm an artist crow or delete spirits husk.

My fix: shine a flashie at her trap for 2,5 seconds and the trap wont trigger for the next 4 seconds.

-voice comms - > she and Trapper suffer a lot when their power gets called out while other Killer Powers are barely affected when you call them out.

My fix: every 25 seconds hag is able to teleport to a set trap inside a 24m radius around her (similar to mint rag) and if she does her lunge out of this teleport is drastically increased (so if you see someone is coming close to a trap to disarm it you just tp and hit. Wait until she is further away to trigger)

-Bugs - > she suffers from ton of bugs just as her trap not having any terror radius. This needs to be fixed

• TheMimic77
    TheMimic77 Member Posts: 24

Nurse: fun to play, once you master her, great pressure, best perk combos

Downside: one ghost hit (hits that don't connect) or wrong blink etc and the survivor can get miles away, the recharge I get why they nerfed her but sometimes 3 seconds can be too long, her addons only like some are good and useful others can really ######### up (lookin at you Campbell's Breath)

Spirit: was my second main so much potential from map travel to Mindgames

Downside: the directional hearing of her phase really gutted her too much

Blight: fast map travel, some mindgame potential

Downside: a bad map or bad collision can be really punishing

Dredge: good mindgame potential and map travel

Downside: his mindgame potential can sadly also be used against him

Huntress: the first ranged killer, rewarding hits

Downside: no pressure, obstacles and like blight some maps can really f her up

Clown: great antiloops, a bit pressure

Downside: same as someone above me: no map pressure/travel and the yellow bottles plus reloading can be really costing for you maybe 4 extra bottles for the yellow ones or external bottles?

Wesker: a bit map travel and good power pressure

Downside: hoping it gets fixed: the collision with obstacles like you can't use ur power when too close on the shack for example, the charge up is sometimes too long and like blight or huntress some maps are gonna be really really frustrating with him

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,893

Mikey; I love how versatile he is with builds and play styles. You have jump scare Mikey, scream for Mikey, vault master Mikey, tombstone Mikey, tiny terror radius Mikey etc. He's such a fun killer and a very decent killer too when played properly.

The only two aspects about him I dislike is that there is a cap on his power. While I think that should be removed and stalk should regenerate on survivors, you can still win if you are very skillful with your stalk and when to pop your tier 3's. The other is tier 1......ideally he should start with it at 99%. That way he can begin th match oblivious and sneak up on survivors. Maybe get a cheeky grab off a gen or totem or something. Or just tap himself into tier 2 as soon as he spots a survivor if he likes.

• Silasy
    Silasy Member Posts: 228

None of them are my main but i like playing Billy, Freddy and Deathslinger more.

Billy: He is probably least rewarding killer in the game. His power feels so janky to use. Not to mention that literally all of maps are got worse for him.

Freddy: Worst addons in the game, most of time feels powerless in a way that doesnt fits with Freddy Krueger.

Deathslinger: Overnerfed, feels janky.

• RonMan32
    RonMan32 Member Posts: 413

@Silasy I've gotta agree with you. On all counts. I didn't buy Freddy because I got that impression from him. Poor 'slinger needs his nerf rolled back a tad.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

Demo is what got me into playing DBD in the first place, his gameplay is super solid, he has anti-loop and chase shortening, map traversal, tracking, and best of all, 3-gen locking, i haven't played as much of him recently due to wanting to branch out to more killers and just not really playing killer in general, however, he does have 2 downsides, his addons are kinda crappy, i have no reason not to run the addons that decrease the cooldowns for landing shred and using shred to destroy pallets, and the other downside, shredding off of tall buildings sometimes just doesn't work, the Thompson House rework being the biggest offender by far, i understand why i can't shred off of the balcony and fly across the map, but that doesn't change that i goddamn want to

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 450

Clown I hate when I play against because of bottle spam. I love clown because of bottle spam.

Hag I love because she is small and hides if I'm undetectable. She scares me a lot if she has no heartbeat

• StarLost

Lichen, Soda, Heart, Glasses are very good addons. About half of the rest are at least...useful.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

They’re useful, but they’re boring, which is fine, but I would have liked a bit more addon variety with Demo’s addon pass rather then just effectively replacing Rat Liver with Black Heart and Barb’s Glasses

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,635

I really like trickster but i hate his power. Feels pointless and a bit silly.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

The stalking getting full is outdated. It has denied use from my tombstone piece too many times. And also when you use infinite tombstone if one survivor hides whole match your not going to get tier 3.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Pig: Most of her addons aren't as good as first thought of... Plus her power being split into 3 parts (Crouching and dashing, Traps, Boxes)

Spirit: Again addons, but her phasing sound is hard to agree with at this point (Survivors whining about "having no counterplay"

Hag: Addons, And what was mentioned before

Huntress: Addons, and map barriers (invisible walls)

TL;DR

Addons for the most part

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167
    edited August 2022

Sadako - I hate how long her teleport cooldown is, 100 seconds is a pain

Demo - I hate a certain playstyle some demos do where they just spam click m2 the whole time for free zoning. Not holding it, I mean like actually spamming it over and over. Like old Deathslinger

Trickster - I hate how his lullaby is hidden by undetectable whereas other lullabies are not

Blight - I hate alchemist ring and I'll never use it

Legion - I hate how Joey and Susie don't have their own voices. It's shameful. Gameplay wise, I hate how hitting a survivor after a frenzy vault lets them vault through you.

• StarLost

Against that demo strat, literally just hold 'W' and move away diagonally. He loses a ton of time doing that.

Also - is that true about Trickster? If so...huh.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Oh I'm not saying I don't know what to do against it

I just think it's annoying because they know that there's no movement penalty for constantly tapping m2, demo only starts to slow down when you fully commit to it. It's a """mindgame"""

Also yeah I'm about 99% sure that Trickster's lullaby is, for some reason, tied to his terror radius somehow because I've seen Trickster's be completely silent on approach using Tinkerer and I believe Oblivious does the same thing too.