Solo Q experience

Options

How is this fun to die in every match? With recent changed in killers gameplay I feel like I am being bullied in every match where I can hardly do anything to counterplay killers. I mean nurses trains are just the tip of the Iceberg in here. Every nurse brings the strongest build they can. its either starstruck with midwitch or game map offering or 3 slowdown perks. Also STBFL is utterly broken since new hit CDs and smaller speedboost to survivors.

Scourge hooks + DMS was reverted back and All I meet in matches is killers with strongest addons possible for them.

My MMR must be already so low I imagine, but it's not really helping me out. 1 in 10 matches I meet new killer with any other perks then current 10 metaperks and that's not even fun, because killer obviously does not know how to break pallets or how to loop.

Its either getting wrecked of no fun at all. And by the time Lobbies are fast I can tell that lots of survivors hopped on killers with recent changes.

Call me survivor main whatever you want, but I was expecting a bit different outcome after spending 3k hours in this game and not being utterly destroyed by people with 300 hours every match.

Comments

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,500
    Options

So is it one thing you keep seeing killers use/do, or is it 10?

But as usual, probably not their fault you're getting obliterated in solo. Look at what your teammates are doing. When the killer is just on you, are they pushing gens? When you're on hook, is one of them coming to get you, or all 3? And since you're going against meta killers with meta perks, are they using any meta perks?

• Kosturko92
    Kosturko92 Member Posts: 136
    Options

The buffs were nowhere near enough for killer, if your losing a lot, that is skill based outcome. Every premade high elo team is literally destroying killers if they are not nurse or blight with strongest addons and map offering for smaller map.

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383
    edited August 2022
    Options

Matchmaking can't fix broken game balance for soloQ. If you get matched to bad survivors, then someone else must be matched to good survivors, where are all those posts that say "soloQ is too easy"? There are none. Official soloQ escape rate is around 25-35%. Quit this nonsens about matchmaking being the reason of bad soloQ experience. The matchking was horrible after the game release, but soloQ felt so much better and it was fun.

Matchmaking is working as intended, it just matches you to the best available players that fit your MMR, it's not always perfect, because otherwise you'd have to wait for much longer.

Post edited by _VTK_ on
  • behaviourmakesmesad
    behaviourmakesmesad Member Posts: 59
    Options

But my question is, Why in these terms where its so easy for killers to wreck survivors I get matched against strongest builds and strongest addons all the time?

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

Your MMR could be high. If you’ve plowed through survivors you will eventually pair up with survivors who have MMR ratings similar to yours. Psychologically, you don’t notice (or likely care) about how you might blow through matches with a 3-4K. But you’ll certainly notice those games where you’ve got to work for it. And when they happen, you begin to question what’s changed. You’ll compare your experiences to those of other people who maybe experiencing a kind of inverse (survivors who are doing poorly in SoloQ). And you’re unlikely to believe them because your experiences are contrary.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,081
    Options

The reason Solo Q sucks is teammates who lack fundamental game knowledge and in general just make miss plays like crazy. The amount of survivors I’ve seen Self Care instead of letting me heal with with WE’LL MAKE IT because they don’t even bother to read descriptions is mind numbing. Or people who drop pallets early and such.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,081
    Options

How Truly Solo Q sucks because it only goes off the simple parameter of kills and escapes, this allows too many people who shouldn’t be were they are, like once matched with a Zarina who healed against Plague.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    Options

I was wishing for swf every now and then - now I wish for it every match.

• acharliet
    acharliet Member Posts: 155
    Options

Another advice for SOLO-Q players: Never play SOLO-Q morning time: the worst games ever. Afternoons and evenings the games r better. EU morning times - just dont play.

• acharliet
    acharliet Member Posts: 155
    Options

Dont play SOLO-Q survivors mornings - the worst games ever mostly.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    Options

Run Aftercare + Empathic connection. It means the other survivors pretty much always know where you are, so you can call the shots.

Point at someone, and point at the hook. They always get the message and go for unhook. Point at someone on a gen and shake your head "no." They get off the gen because they realize that finishing it will three gen y'all. It makes solo queue actually very fun.

• Dogma_loki
    Dogma_loki Member Posts: 436
    Options

There is 2 major reasons solo queue is in a really bad spot for average players.

First, your "teammates" are bad. I get new players, people who hide in the corners of the map all game or just flat out refuse to do anything while I am looping the killer the best I can. Once the killers realize I am the only one doing anything, I usually get proxy camped on hook and end up dying on 1st or 2nd hook because survivors are scared of going down.

Secondary is a lot of killers will do anything and every thing in the power just to ensure a mandatory 4k match every match. No matter how much the match has snowballed out of control (in their favor) they just refuse to let off the gas.

I cannot even imagine trying to be a new survivor player and trying to compete with the current state of DBD, its not healthy for the state of the game.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,080
    edited August 2022
    Options

It's miserable at all hours of the day anymore. Just not worth wasting my time with it. I'll play something more competitive

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,500
    Options
  • PaintedDeath
    PaintedDeath Member Posts: 489
    Options

You gotta play a little different as soloq, and that's no problem. You can go for either 2 things, escaping or just shooting for blood points. If you are dedicated to escaping, bring escape perks. Sole Survivor, Wake Up, OTR, Left Behind. If you wanna go for blood points, then play however you want, and get as far as you can. It isn't so bad if you set your expectations correctly. Think of it as a battle royal. You can't expect to win every match, but you can try to.

• Dwightslocker
    Dwightslocker Member Posts: 21
    Options

Im having alot of fun in soloq at the moment.

Tbh its the only way i play now as my friends all stopped playing about 6 months ago. But right after the 'changes' it was near impossible to survive. Now its different as you learn to adapt. Im currently maybe escaping 40% of the time which i am extremely happy about as an average skilled player. I find now you just have to bring a more selfish build into soloq.

I run overcome, windows of op, deliverance and resiliance as my basic loadout usually paired with a yellow medkit. Overcome to get distance, windows to find the next loop, deliverance to save myself from hook as sometimes you just get left there and resiliance to boost my over all action speed. I find this loadout very good for soloq. This is the first time in the 2 years ive played ive actually made it to iridescent 1 so there is no way the game is still as badly killer favoured as it was when the 'changes' first got released. I think the curve has clearly evened out now.

Tbh overcome is my new favourite perk. Its honestly great. Lots of killers drop chase when they see the distance you get so it often gives you time to use the medkit you bring.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

If killers can't wait out dead hard, survivors shouldn't have to deal with this every match.

It is a completely broken combo.

To OP:. The game is extremely killer sided. Don't play survivor is the only advice.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,097
    Options

PSA time

• tester
    tester Member Posts: 792
    Options

Here is how to play solo q:

1. Forget about escaping.
    2. Don't do gens.
    3. Loop and taunt killer.
    4. Die.
    5. Your MMR goes down.

Variation:

If killer camping, suicide. That way you join fun much sooner and your mmr goes down sooner too.

If killer camping, but not you, farm, so boring match ends sooner.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

What happened to holding on so your teammates couple complete 3 and 1/2 gens?

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

Yea, i had a few games the other day that made me say to myself i need to go find a 3 man SWF. I don’t look forward to it, because it’ll be like interviewing for a job and interviewing someone to come work for me at the same time. Need to find the right group of people who just want to play and have fun, but still have some skill. Players who are good sports and don’t give up/ragequit, bully killers, or are too altruistic. They need to understand when 1 of us has to die so the other 3 can live, and everyone respects it. No suicide missions to feed the killer. And most important of all, everyone being respectful to each other. It’s going to be hard to find a consistent 3 like that. Usually one or more are going to tick off a few red flag boxes and ruin the entire experience.

• RodDeWitt
    RodDeWitt Member Posts: 34
    Options

Why is it so hard for main killers to understand that we hate the dms+pain resonance combo, because it's annoying, and because it works for killers thanks to the two main problems that affect soloq: being matched with randoms and the lack of communication.

Yes, for the killers it is like a reward since a generator explodes because they hanged someone, but for the survs it is a punishment that they receive for something they did not do, because even if you release the gen, you will still lose 15 % of progress There is nothing more annoying than wasting time in a generator for 80 seconds only to have it blow up.

For the swf, there is no problem, they can communicate if the combo is present, but in soloq you don't know if it is or not, you don't know how much a teanmate is going to last in a chase , there is only the frustration of being punished for the errors of someone else

It's annoying for solo q dude! And right now is even worse, with how long the generators take now.