Why people don't like playing againts Nemesis?

Usualy I see negative energy towards Nemesis from Survivors. Why?

Comments

• NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394

Anti-loop "checkmate" killer that counters pallets and windows. Only hope is to repair most of gens prior tier 3 that is impossible after "overhaul" patch

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

Really? People never flamed me for playing Nemmy. I also like playing against him.

• Aztreonam78
    Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131

Nemesis is an uninspired Killer with strong 1v1 with little to no 1v4.

Nemesis doesn't reward creativity. Unlike Huntress that can make sick cross-map shots or Hillbilly that can make sick curves, Nemesis plays the same over and over again, just wheep.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

He fits the “Mid range zoning anti loop” archetype perfectly. Not to mention his tentacle hitbox feels janky especially at T3

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,166

Unrelated: congratulations to your exactly 10.000s post :>

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

If I lost consistently to a killer who takes 3 hits to down a survivor, I'd be mad too. But for real, I think the main reason people don't like him is that he breaks pallets quickly and he has zombies. But as usual with people complaining about weaker killers, they're missing crucial counters.

If you don't want Nemesis to be insta-breaking pallets all game, don't let him get an early lvl 2. Play against him like you would Oni. Early drop pallets so that you don't give him that initial early hit or 2 that he needs to get going. It's easy to do that since he's tall enough to see over many loops, and is so loud that Undetectable basically means nothing. Also, in some cases using a cure after Nemesis has infected you can be a bad thing, because when he comes back and whips you again, he gets that much more mutation, because whipping a non-infected survivor gives like triple the mutation as whipping an already-infected person. And remember, every whip hit on a non-infected person is a free sprint burst.

People had a hard time coming to grips with the zombies when Nemesis first came out because they're like, "Now we have to deal with a killer AND zombies! Unfair!" but it's not like you're facing the original ptb zombies, which had far superior AI. Assuming they don't get stuck on something nowadays, they still don't do much. They move much slower than even Nurse, they have very short attack range, they can be kited around, and they can be blinded/killed. Blinding them holds them still for like 20-30 seconds, which is huge. Even more huge is when you kill them with a Head-On or a pallet, which keeps them dead for a good minute, which also stops Nemesis from killing them to raise his mutation. "But using a pallet is such a waste of resources!" Any Means Necessary exists, or you could just use one of the weak pallets instead of the strong ones. You can't say, "All of these pallets are unsafe!" and then not use them to kill zombies.

Of course, there's always additional anger towards licensed killers because of "pay to win" allegations.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

Survivors don't like killers you can't teabag at a pallet. They love that "I am on the other side of the pallet, what are you gonna do about it?!" attitude.

Nemesis literally slaps them in the face for it.

• Zen_but_not_Zen
    Zen_but_not_Zen Member Posts: 230

People like using his boxing skills on the punchbag (survivor on hook) ha.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,764
    edited August 2022
    Post edited by GoodBoyKaru on
  • Phasmamain

Didn’t even realise it was you tbh. I always associated your account with the WGLF icon

• Phasmamain
  • ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

The tunnel king? Hm I wonder why people dont like him

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

I love play against him, he is strong enough but fairly balanced for survivors. People who don't like him deserves to face with Nurse all games.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited August 2022

Probably because unlike most killers a fresh chase involves hitting a survivor 3 times instead of two. Tunneling as nemsis is common because taking a freah chase gurrantee working through 3 health states.

I gurrantee you if nemsis could injure with his tentacle immediatly there would be way less tunneling nemsis. The killer is built to encourage tunneling since fresh targets are extremly poor decision making. Even if you argue ds punishes tummeling to nemsis its just another health state no different then chasing a fresh target.

• Goblets
    Goblets Member Posts: 25

I've never seen anyone complain about nemmy in the post game chat.

Where do you see this negative energy?

You mean when you move left or right after using your tentacle?

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304
    edited August 2022

Tentacle registration is horrible, inconsistent and bugged for months.

I remember people asking to buff Nemesis so survivors will get instantly injured by his tentacle when they're not even contaminated. 😭

Post edited by ThanksForDaily on
  • WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

As a Nemesis main there are definitely a few reasons that he is quite unpopular to face. The Tentacle hit box is very inconsistent sometimes it hits you when it shouldn’t while other times it hits you when it should’ve, just making it a real annoyance in counter. Additionally the pull up time in the same as Old Deathslinger so little reaction time. The pallet shred while on Nemesis is nice can be like very hard to face on survivor because it gives him insane zoning if a lone pallet gets broken. And finally the zombies it just doesn’t feel like skilled or outplayed when some clunky AI chases you off the gen or hex totem, it’s why I personally think they’re unhealthy for the game. But, yeah those are a few reasons.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited August 2022

He is hard to play against if the Nemesis is good because he is a bit like Huntress at loops, which is fine!

The main thing that's annoying is that his whip has been broken since release. When being looped, good Nemesis players will actually whip the object/wall in front of them just before turning a tight corner because as long as they hold left/right, the hitbox will follow them for a split second and will hit the survivor. This allows them to hit survivors they otherwise wouldn't have hit. And gives them a safety net when whipping a survivor in the open.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    edited August 2022

I don't know about "don't like", but for me, personally, I don't like to play against him because of players, not the killer himself. The same reason I hate to go against wraith, legion and Bubba.

Majority of these killers players are facecampers, tunnelers and extremely toxic and unfun. The only problem with these characters is very low skill floor, that attracts people I don't like to play with very much.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

I don't think that the biggest issue. He is too popular and is boring to face same killer again and again. Also his hitbox is problematic sometimes the testacle clearly didn't hit you but you still get hit.

• Zarathos
    edited August 2022

You forgot how his power promotes tunneling. A fresh chase is 3 hits not two so nemsis players tend to tunnel since at most they will have to deal with two hits. The endurance hit/ds stun then one more down as opposed to a fresh chase. Which involves dealing with 3 gurranteed hits and a freshly hooked survivor.

Its the twins problem all over again they built a killer that reinforces ppaying scummy what were they thinking?

• SimplyPixelated06
    SimplyPixelated06 Member Posts: 469

Tentacle hitbox and he's known for camping. I believe that's probably why.

• MrJack20252
    MrJack20252 Member Posts: 390
    edited August 2022

i find his tentacle confusing, i can't really understand when he can hit and when he can't (i'm talking about his visuals) and that cause me a lot of frustration, i feel like every Nemesis is different depending on the server and i should adapt not to the character itself but to the killer's ping. so i would prefer go against 10.000 starstruck Nurse and tunneling Spirit than just go against 1 Nemesis.

Edit: and i really dislike his chasing music.

• WishIcouldmain

Yeah, they definitely could’ve done Nemesis a lot better, it could be so much more then some tentacle and AI.

• Zarathos

Its annyoing themeatically hes a intellgent bio weapon that gradually becomes more beastial and dangerous. His mutation should result in dramatic shifts in gameplay similar to michael. Throw out the zombies, make add ons focus on maintaining or augmenting one side of his power.

A transformation from a ranged killer to a highly aggresive and mobile dash based killer would have been way more true to his presentation. Admitadly it would be difficult to pull off but myers put dbd on the map and gave it a dedicated playerbase. Not alone because myers was iconic but because his power has so many layers and playstyles depending on add ons equiped.

Nemsis was very phoned in and even basic things like augmenting zombies using nemsis power wasnt even bothered with. The add ons are so boring even his iridescents are trash #########!

• WishIcouldmain

Yeah, they definitely got lazy with his power, we’re probably too nervous it would get too extensive or something.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

It's mostly just oversaturation really, some days I just feel I'd be seeing less nemesis if I quit dbd and booted up RE3 instead.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

Tunnelers favor him probably cause he is easy to tunnel with once infection is around - and there a lot of tunnelers around.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911

Mostly I dislike being in a constant lose-lose situation in chase. Vault the window? Get tentacled. Don't vault the window? Get M1'd. Drop the pallet? Get tentacled. Don't drop the pallet? Get tentacled anyway.

Plus, he is very buggy. I've had issues where I've been hit by the tentacle despite being far enough to be out of lunge range and he's looking 90 degrees in the wrong direction. Wouldn't have so many issues with him if the visual feedback was better.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

To echo what others have said...

The problem is the people who play Nemesis.

I can always count on a Nemesis to camp and tunnel the first survivor.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,710

He’s just really boring to face imo. His zombies also feel cheap especially if you get downed by one because it doesn’t really feel like the killer outplayed you at all.

I’ll still take him over hag though

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

"Bad hit-box" (they just don't know how to dodge it).

"They always tunnel" (Nemesis is one of the most inefficient Killers in the game)

"Antiloop Killers are unfun" (Also known as: "I don't like anything other than M1 Killers")

• SpiritWolf
    SpiritWolf Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2022

Nemesis is forced to play like an a-hole.

Due to the fact that the Devs thought it'd be a great idea to make him a generic anti-loop killer instead of the more accurate pursuer like he is in the actual games.

They made Wesker accurately enough to make him fun and fresh to go against. I've yet to hear any complaint about his kit.

I just want to play Nemesis as Nemesis with his Rocket Launcher and Sprint as his abilities.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

No, because the Huntress is 110%, goes even slower when raising a hatchet, ANNOUNCED she is raising said hatchet, and basically gets screwed if she tries this and misses or has her line of sight blocked.

A tier 3 Nemesis can bring it out as he is running, lose no speed or momentum, and basically force a hit.

And even if the survivor does drop the pallet, the Nemesis can still follow through and break the pallet. Hatchets cannot break pallets.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,865

This. Exactly this. Earlier this year he felt either like a Bubba 2.0, or a poor man’s Bubba. Most days I couldn’t tell which, but it didn’t matter- the toxicity and annoyance factor remained the same. Relentless game throwing tunneling, and Leathal Pursuer has been the a thorn in my side for all of 2022. I hate killer aura reading perks as a survivor. Very annoying to deal with. Can’t wait for Wesker’s. 🙄

• SaltyNooty
    SaltyNooty Member Posts: 276

His tentacle hitbox is actual garbage, sometimes it'll miss and sometimes it'll hit, no one knows why. (It's literally the huntress's hatchets but worse.) Not to mention, his tentacles also GOES THROUGH pallettes and break them, effectively destroying the loop and giving the survivors no space to even create a little bit of distance. The amount of zombies on the map are ridiculous and are extremely annoying when they're in an area you need them NOT to be or when you get trapped between him and a zombie and get downed due to two registered hits with no chance of escaping either.

It's pretty much the Twins but charlotte and her damn gremlin brother don't exist.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

I must say I haven't seen any more BM towards Nemmy than other killers - and I get way more hate on Trickster, Hag, Cenobite, Legion and weirdly enough, Demo.

This cuts both ways though - I think there's some funny latency at times where I'll sometimes hit people that I should have missed by a mile, but there are also times where I'll land a hit and it doesn't register.

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465

I'll list some of the reasons-

They all play scummy, His power is obnoxious, his zombies are even more obnoxious, he is picked alot bc his braindead easy power, they all play the same way, from my experience - he stomps solo teams easily bc he can snowball sooo fast from it. they all run pain res, dms, stbfl, every slowdown. Ive seen really good players go against him, and they dont even know how to avoid his tentacle without getting hit. Theres more lol, everyone should main Bubba honestly.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 956

His tentacle hitbox is absolutely terrible, I'm on one side and it hits me in the complete opposite direction, and his zombies are a real pain to deal with. I just hope people drop Nemesis for good and play Wesker from now on.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

I'd totally disagree here.

Firstly, no - they don't. I don't play scummy, and outside of a bit of EOGC camping (which I don't think anyone reasonable would have a problem with), I can't recall the last toxic Nemmy I faced.

Good survivors will know how to juke the tentacle perfectly, and will keep you at level 1 for ages (there's a reason why the extra mutation addon is his strongest). Unless you master the very tricky 'tentacle drag' technique, you rely constantly on waiting for vaults and pallet drops to get a tentacle strike.

Tentacle does work as a partial anti loop tool but he needs to hit you 3x.

Zombies are a dice roll. More often than not, survivors will blind them or destroy them with pallets, or they'll get stuck moshing against a tree somewhere. Sometimes you'll get a great zombie, but it's rare.

He's not Billy levels of difficulty, but he's certainly not an 'easy' or 'braindead' killer.

Zombies? Get one of your teammates to grab a flashlight and they are useless.

The tentacle has the same problem as all other ranged attacks - it's incredibly subject to latency.

Sometimes you'll get hits that look like they missed. Sometimes you'll miss hits that looked perfect.

I really like playing against Nemmy. They tend to be memelords.