Where’s Haddie gone?

Phasmamain
Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

I swear I’m the only person who plays her at this point. I know this generally happens to new survivors but never have I seen one drop off so quickly especially since she’s a female survivor which tend to be more popular.

Even thinking recent releases I still see a ton of mikaela and even yun Jin from time to time. Do people just not like her? Feel like I’m one of the few who actually likes her at this point

Comments

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,166

All the Haddies literally adapted. I see her every now and then, but she is definitely one of, if not the, rarest survivors.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Same thing happened with yun-jin she was very popular for a while then people switched

• Goblets
    Goblets Member Posts: 25

I would guess because she doesn't have that many outfits which many other survivors does.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

Same with dredge it seems nobody has mentioned him anymore. I don’t understand why none talks about dredge he’s even more forgotten then Artist.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,358
    edited August 2022

We're just containing our excitement to avoid drawing too much attention on Dredge. Trying to avoid the nerf bat on our beloved. Mum's the word.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    edited August 2022

Well i actually did not like Haddie. She was another bad survivor, like Youchi and Jonah.

You are still seeing Mikaela because she is actually great survivor. She has good cosmetics, witch is unique concept for survivors.

• MrJack20252
    MrJack20252 Member Posts: 390
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

I don't see her too often but I see her more than Jonah and Yoichi.

• Phasmamain

Her injured sounds are somewhat loud but not jane/jeff levels

It's probably just due to her lack of cosmetics. She could really use some new ones that aren't sets or tied to promotions

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

She has 0 good Shop cosmetics, and isn't all that good for stealth

• JacobiusWick
    JacobiusWick Member Posts: 161

It also doesn't help that her perks are trash so less incentive to prestige

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,710

I didn't like her at first but then I ended up kinda changing my mind and played her a bit. Haven't touched her for a little while now though.

I generally run different builds on different survivors (and run the same 1-2 builds on a specific survivor) so whether I play a certain survivor depends on what perks I want to use on a given day.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439

I'm not so sure about that; I do encounter quite a lot Yun-Jins, but most players do use the default cosmetics for them, while I'm the only one using her bright dress from Seoul. Oh, well.. At least I feel a bit special. 😎

• PaintedDeath
    PaintedDeath Member Posts: 491

Haddie is actually one of the survivors I have most stuff unlocked with, just by shear circumstance, so I kinda main her now because I can have whatever load out on her I want.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,937

She's not more than a better siren.

Everytimes she gets hooked, it's like a siren is screaming.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

Forgettable like Yoichi and Jonah. They have no identity or personality.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Dredge is probably my favorite killer at the moment. 🙂

• VideoGameMage
    VideoGameMage Member Posts: 358

Mikaela introduced the boon mechanic, has a witch tok/moonchild themed cosmetics (that the devs are not afraid of making more of), and is conventionally attractive.

Haddie in comparison barely launched with any cosmetics, her only good ones being a set and a prime reward, her perks are quite medicore (sans residual manifest) and her design, while I think is unique, most people find her ugly. For a character that was hyped up in the tomes, her release was pretty lackluster.

It doesn't seem like they're interested in giving her cosmetics either. The newest collection has Feng min and Kate again, and the winter cosmetics has the popular female survivors again along with a dredge skin but no haddie. Here's hoping she gets something for Halloween but I'm not hold my breath.

• Phasmamain

She ain't that bad looking. Forgettable is understandable though

• Phasmamain

I'd say she has a personality. Definitely more than jonah anyway

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,897

I've been using Haddie pretty much exclusively since she dropped, though I think a lot of people are waiting for more cosmetics. I think they're coming, though, as Haddie strikes me as a character they're gonna push.

This is also true, and one of the reasons BHVR should stop mainlining cosmetics primarily to the most used characters; I know it's easy money, but it just marginalizes the others more and more.

That said, I think how they did Mikaela is the way they should hand most new characters, as she got a bunch of cosmetics pretty quickly following her launch, but think they should take it a step further and have a few outfits that drop on day 1 with new characters.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439

I do completely agree with you, however.. It feels like they don't know what kind of outfits to push, you know?

Like, sure; They've been quite busy with the collaboration with Attack on Titan collection, but this was the case even back then. If this isn't the lack of ideas or suggestions that they do consider worthy taking in mind and promoting into future outfits, it's the lack of people working on them. I may be off, but this is how it feels to me when I think about it..

• Thusly_Boned

Yeah, hard disagree from me as well in the no personality thing. She's very unique, imo (at least be DBD surv standards). She had preexisting lore, good backstory, and is visually distinct.

Jonah, otoh, is totally bland and forgettable. Yoichi I might use, be he falls into the unfortunate place of being a licensed character with only a couple cosmetics, both of which I hate.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Everyone I've spoken to calls her Neo-Quentin

• Phasmamain

Well I was a Quentin main before his rework so I guess?

Honestly I think she looks pretty good but to each their own

• Belzher
    Belzher Member Posts: 462

To be honest she doesn't have any appeal for me in terms of visuals

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

She's not traditionally attractive. Can I interest you in some Feng cosmetics?

• Thusly_Boned

Well yeah, that's a big part of it. Pretty much any female that isn't very conventionally attractive is pretty much thrown in the bin by a lot of folks.

But I love her distinctness, and think she's actually pretty cute (moreso in the character pic, though). And she feels like a real person, which a lot of the survs don't.

Yeah, no. OG Quentin was singularly ugly, like an alien poorly trying to approximate a human face. It was actually kind of unsettling.

No comparison there for me.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,162

She only has 3 cosmetics that weren't recolors of her default cosmetic - 1 is linked and other 2 were limited time exclusives. Her default cosmetic itself is pretty boring so the recolors don't do much and for the few recolored heads it's just her makeup/jewelry is recolored so you can barely tell the difference from her default head.

It will be like all the other survivors that have few cosmetic options - only people that really like them/don't care about cosmetic options will play them, the rest of players will play a character that has more cosmetic options or even just cosmetic options they like more.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,064

They've been straight-up going backwards with releasing more cosmetics for new characters; they keep pulling them from the release lineup to release through Prime instead. The green Dredge cosmetic is currently MIA, the black version of Haddie's streamer outfit is missing, and Artist got the same treatment.

Though with Mikaela, I think there was a confluence of factors there - people were playing her like crazy because of CoH, BHVR saw this and went "new market??", they slated her to get a few outfits, and her new-agey witch themed cosmetics really hit a demographic sweet spot. Doesn't hurt that almost all of her cosmetic releases since have been really attractive, which created a rare new pocket of fans.

I wish they'd stop mainlining Feng/Nea/Meg/Claud, but they're not going to - cash cows will be cash cows and there's just no reason for them to make an Adam cosmetic when a Feng one could sell 15x better, even if Feng already has 2 other very similar unique outfits and 4 similar recolors to whatever they release and the Adam mains are starving.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

It could be because of lack of cosmetics. She doesn't have that many cosmetics to work with and two of her good cosmetics are exclusives (The Amazon Prime skin and the Event Tome skin). Her only other good cosmetic is a set, which you can't mix and match.

She also doesn't have any memorable qualities. There's nothing really interesting about her character, she's just kind of there. No interesting lore, no interesting cosmetics. She's kind of just bland.

• Thusly_Boned

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. Why create a character at all if you're going to just let them wither on the vine? Or are new characters just vehicles for perks (most of which are unremarkable at best) you're only going to use on more popular characters?

I actually get a little exasperated every time I see a new Feng or Kate cosmetic come out.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Haddie actually looks really cool, I'd play her if I bought the DLC. But I'm already maining a character whose skin I like, so I don't feel the need to change.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

She looks great in the trailer.

She looks hideous in game. Especially the lobby, I don't think she has pupils and her eyes are just white.

• leatherfav88
    leatherfav88 Member Posts: 209

Her lore ia actully pretty good. It provides alot of world building and shows alot of monsters, which ties into her personality. I doubt their are many people who would willinly fight monsters at such a young age and win, which shows her bravery and determintation. She is also shown to be resoursful and smart, as show with the vampire she fought

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016
    edited August 2022

Her hair it's bad. Some of the worst survivor hair

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited August 2022

Unless a survivor is...

• Small (and by extension for DBD's usual logic also female)
    • Quiet (and I mean Ace or Kate-level quiet, BHVR has really screwed up a lot lately in this department)
    • In possession of dark cosmetics

...then why bother playing them unless it's just for goofing around? The last good survivor was Zarina.

(And yeah, I know there are people who have a TOTES ADORBS criteria instead of/in addition to this, so we see a lot of survivors like Mikaela or Yun-Jin or Cheryl. No disrespect to them either, I'm just pointing out that Behaviour is bad at making survivors with a mix of gameplay-positive characteristics that would compel someone like me to build them up and include them in my rotation.)

• Phasmamain

Disagree on the lore department. She's pretty interesting since she ties into the entity well

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Lose weight, gain popularity! Thats what my mother always told me as a child 😀

• Phasmamain
  • Phasmamain

My only issue is that it’s supposed to be white but looks blue in game

• Phasmamain

I’d say Haddie is more unique than mikaela tbh. Her body type is noticeable different than most female survivors and her heritage is something completely new

Mikaela has the tik tok witch aspect which is cool but it’s all that really separates her

• Phasmamain

Yeah that worries me tbh. I hope we don’t get another Jeff or Adam situation with her because she has a lot of cosmetic potential