Which Killers can take full advantage of Monstrous Shrine?

Options

Lets celebrate the band-aiding of camping with a fun one. Which killers can effectively camp from 24 metres away to take full advantage of Monstrous Shrine?

First one that comes to mind is Artist. Not only can she camp from 24 metres away, she can also pressure gens with birbs and lock them with DMS. S++ for taking advantage of Monstrous Shrine imo.

Huntress is probably pretty good with it as well. She can proxy and patrol nearby gens while threatening to down you before you can make it to the hook still.

One of the best ones is imo Twins. Camping with Victor near the hook while you patrol gens and even get into chases with Charlotte can be incredibly rewarding. This method can be countered by simply crouching but even good survivors dont seem to really know how to play against Twins. This method can be absolutely devastating if there is no one that can safely unhook.

Any one else can think of any other campers that can take advantage of it? And do you guys think Reassurance will be enough to stop these tactics?

Comments

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Artist was the first one that came to my mind when I first read the thread title.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

Nurse.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

You can't take full advantage of its effect. In the few seconds you're walking away from the hook, it's not making them die faster because you're still within 24m.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

Nurse is tricky. You can blink in for a grab but if they fake the grab or better yet juke, you are left with not even a hook exchange.

• Blue_Archer33
    Blue_Archer33 Member Posts: 318
    Options

I've been thinking the exact opposite of you in regards to taking advantage of the new Monstrous Shrine - who can activate the faster hook progression quickest? Upon hooking, Onryo (Sadako), Dredge, Blight, Spirit and kinda Wraith have the ability to book it away from the hook after throwing on a survivor.

Especially with Sadako and Dredge you can hook a survivor and immediately teleport away to begin that bonus hook progression.

On another thought process, consider Pyramid Head. Throwing a tormented survivor on a MS hook (for their first hook) adds the threat that the they are very quickly approaching an easy Final Judgement if the PH focuses on booking it away from the hook.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

Sorry, I should be more clear.

Nurse with 2x Range add-ons, MYC, Monstrous Shrine, Floods of Rage, and some other perk like Deadlock.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

How has nobody mentioned Hag? Hag using Make Your Choice, Devour Hope, and/or Monstrous Shrine is really common since she can walk out of range, set a trap somewhere nearby the hook, and teleport back as needed.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,126
    Options

Hag. Its like they designed this perk for hag.

Its strongest perk for hag because hag is all about proxy camping with hooks and taking advantage of altruistic actions. this perk effectively creates lose/lose scenario for the survivor because the way you beat a hag is ignore the person on the hook and rush gens so that hag gets no value from camping hooks, but this perk makes your teammates die faster if you ignore hook and almost forces you to "rush hooks" into hag's traps.

with new reassurance perk, if it becomes popular, i wonder if this perk could maybe lose its 24 meter condition. maybe it would be too strong....in the basement.

• Blue_Archer33
    Blue_Archer33 Member Posts: 318
    Options
  • Dead_Harder
    Options
  • Dead_Harder
    Options

I mean booking it away is nice but unless they can actually camp i dont think it would actually matter.

I think it might be surprisingly good on Ph though, havent considered the tunnel angle.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,213
    Options

Hag.

Nurse with range add-ons maybe? I don't think it's a good build for her though.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,213
    Options

I'm guessing Michi isn't as famous as he deserves. I think his last YouTube video was about Monstrous Shrine.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

I like pairing monstrous shrine with devour hope on killers who can't move away as fast.

So it might look like:

Monstrous shrine, devour hope, undying, and jolt.

Or I might switch out undying for another scourge hook like PR or floods of rage

• MKFreak1786
    MKFreak1786 Member Posts: 5
    Options

You know, when I play killer, this perk is usually in my lineup, no matter what killer I'm rocking, I feel like Huntress takes advantage of this perk really well, not only because she can attack at longer ranges, but if you pair it with Territorial Imperative, it can be one heck of an interesting game, plus Huntress is my favorite killer (out of the original DBD killers)

• S4ShadowWolf
    S4ShadowWolf Member Posts: 92
    Options

Seriously? No one has thought of the one killer who can lock down shack without being there? Who's power is no longer ignored by dead hard?

For shame. For shame.

Trapper.

Agitation, Iron Grasp, Monstrous and anything for flavour.

Purple bag addon and either injure survivors who disarm, or the iri stone.

Get a survivor, down them. Then take them to shack, hook and trap the entire shack. Easy money.

• Dead_Harder
    Options
  • S4ShadowWolf
    Options

*Sad Trapper noises*

He may not be the best. His power may leave him to be Machete Man a lot of the time. But dammit, I won't give up on him. Hearing survivors scream as they step in a trap makes the happy chemical in the old noodle.

I do wish they'd give Trapper some love. Imagine being the poster child for the game and only receiving minor buffs that allow him to hold one extra trap as base (!). Meanwhile, we've got a Nurse who ignores the game mechanics, a Spirit who shuts down mind games and instadown killers like Bubba. Yeah, giving Trapper some buffs would obviously make him OP *facepalm*.

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399
    Options

Demo? Hag?

• Dead_Harder
    Options

Yeah man i wish they would show trapper some love.

Hell i wish they would show all the killers considered unviable some love. Its insane how different the game feels when you are playing trapper or clown compared to something like Nurse.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

Dredge can zoom away pretty quickly and zoom back to a nearby locker if needed

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Demo, can get away quickly to kick off the effect. And also return quickly

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

Imho the biggest strength of Monstrous Shrine is that it forces the other survivors hand. Normally they can sit out the first hook stage and slam out 3 gens, but a survivor hooked on the shrine will die so fast that one has to get moving. This means either opportunity to disrupt one of the other gens getting done or intercepting the unhooking and possibly trade.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Yeah Michi is great! 🙂 He’s one of the few players I think actually does play 4d chess with that character, some of the trap combos he does are amazing.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Artist, Hag, Nurse, Blight, Demo

Basically anyone able to get back to the hook quickly or pressure it from afar

• JakeCannon
    JakeCannon Member Posts: 542
    Options
  • S4ShadowWolf
    Options

Exactly. If they buffed/nerfed, respectively, all killers to the same level, the game could be balanced more. Having all killers on the same playing field would allow them to bring the rest of the game in line.

My only idea for that is all killers having some form of mobility. All hight tier killers are mobile. All of them. Blight, Nurse, Spirit and all the higher tiers have movement abilities that let them get around. Clown's bottles are an attempt at mobility, but you don't see nurse reloading her blinks do you.

• Brix
    Brix Member Posts: 104
    Options

I feel like Spirit with Agitation,Pain res, Monstrous shrine and Make your choice can be a beast. Fast traversal around the map in power but idk if the slot for monstrous shrine is worth since most of the time ppl rescue early enough to the point that the perk didnt do anything.