people dont get the real problem with solo queue

Blue_Foxy
Blue_Foxy Member Posts: 14
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

its not being tunneled, or teammates leaving on hook. its these freaking insecure killers that check every profile before the game starts and when they see someone with under 100 hours they tunnel the hell out of them and then the rest of the team gets screwed at 4 gens, and please dont be one of those copy and paste killer mains who are like "but they have base-kit bt!" explain how the hell 3 seconds of endurance is supposed to stop hard tunneling

Comments

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542

You can't check every profile if someone is on console i cant check how many hours they have in the game, the real problem is like mooks said its the lack of info to make teamwork better, if they had something even if it shows next to there name i.e working on gen solo q will be a lot better.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Have 5000 hours in this game and I did not even know you could see others playtime? Or is that on PC? I know where to find my own playtime, can PC players and others see mine?

Solo problem is lack of info and bad teammates.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

I wonder why you cant scream as survivor to gain aggro from the killer.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439

Probably because certain individuals would've used it as a tool to sabotage their own team; Solo Queue and the mindset „whenever things aren't going my way, you're gonna pay“ is the best example I can think about.

• ausanimal

I'm on PC and if another player is using steam then i can check there steam profile and see how many hours they have, if its any other platform i.e epic or they are on console i can't check it i can only do steam.

• Neprašheart

And that is, if the user has public profile or publicly visible hours on record; Valve has added a feature to make them hidden. Also, it's not like the majority of players do play with private profiles due to how immature players do play the game nowadays, eh?

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

How hard is it for solos to just bring Kindred every game? Should be a no brainer.

• Neprašheart

You'd be surprised, but it seems to be one of the most difficult things in the entire game.

I do seem to be the only one, who ever bothers running the perk.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I'm on gamepass. I can't check profiles so I have no clue what you're talking about.

• Katzengott

Not even just Kindred, could be any team/aura perk. But many solos seem to play very egoistic, for some reason.

On the other hand, MMR (when it works) helped my solo Q exp a lot. Like almost everyone does gens now, at least.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Gonna have to disagree.

Most games I lose will be due to DCs, people giving up or a massive range of skilled players (people that dont touch gens or able to loop while versing obviously skilled killers)

Sure info and stuff will help but that's not the biggest issue for me, it's the DCs and bad matchmaking

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702

They can only see other steam player’s play time. I play DBD off the Xbox app so I can’t check, nor can mine be checked.

• ausanimal

By giving solo q a way to give out info on what they are doing over time they will get better and matchmaking won't be as bad because solo q know that they can tell there team what they are doing i.e someone says going to save you don't have to leave your gen, Unlike now all other 3 survivors could get of the gen to come save you.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

They just made survivor incredibly unfun end of story, why would you play solo Q when you can play killer or any other game, it's pretty clear with these queue times no matter what this killer sided forum is saying, give me double/triple BP and maybe I'll play solo q again the grind is atrocious...

honestly played other games for a week and I already feel better, if you're playing long solo Q sessions like I used to do the game is not fine, it's anything but fun

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

Are you one of Xavier's students?

How do you know Killers are checking profiles for tunnel bait? You a mind reader?

• ausanimal

And how many times did killers have to suffer though something that was incredibly unfun over the years like DS or DH before they both got changed, a lot of streamers that played this were able to play music and talk to people in chat while playing survivor but now they can't as much because they had to adjust how they played the game.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

Well I disagree solo Q teams were typically weaker than a good killer BEFORE 6.1, for casual/average players and solo Q it hasn't been survivor sided for a long time, playing killer was fine even with DS and DH and more importantly most wins felt good because it was pretty hard, now beating your average solo Q team is kind of a joke

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I find it hard to believe anybody intentionally checks profiles just to pick who they think might be the weakest player to target beforehand. If a survivor is actually significantly weaker than all the others it will be immediately obvious almost as soon as you get in a chase with them, there’s no reason to bother trying to guess that’s the case beforehand.

Now that said I wouldn’t be surprised if there are some killers who look at profiles to, for instance, see if the survivor has a lot of complaints about them in their profile or whatever and maybe dodges lobbies in that case? I’ve never looked at a profile personally though so that’s just speculation.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I never look at profiles see how much time someone got in game,I mean what the point?

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,973

Nowadays its not even necessary to check profiles. Killers are tunneling survivors with a low prestige number

• AndyKuky
    AndyKuky Member Posts: 84

The problem with solo queue is bad players, and there’s nothing BHVR can do to fix that.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

Those darn insecure killer players, refusing to chase the 8,000 hour looper that has all the maps memorized and never messes up instead of giving themselves a chance to win by going for a target they can down before 3+ gens are done. What pathetic losers

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

It's not.

It's there to give you enough space for your team to step in and disrupt the tunnel.

Also - which killers are you referring to? The tunnelers I run into generally go after whoever they hook first. Wandering the map searching for one specific player is a good way to be down 3 gens before you can blink.

• IWantCandys
    IWantCandys Member Posts: 166

The biggest problem for me is the matchmaking which doesn't work at all.

It should actually work that way that you play with players who have a similar skill. For example, if as a survivor you lose almost every match because you are not good at looping, you would need to be paired with a working matchmaking with killers who are also not that experienced and strong.

But I have to say I have the feeling that since the last patch, where killer's basekit was buffed, there hasn't been any matchmaking at all.

When I play survivor (which I absolutely hate these days) I escape maybe 5% of all my matches. I'm a better killer player, but queues are too long and I don´t have that much time to wait. I never was a great survivor, I've never been good at looping and staying in chases for long. So my survivor MMR is dropping rapidly.

The only thing that seems to work about matchmaking is that after the mmr goes down you get weaker teammates. But your opponent (the killer in this case) is way above our skill level every time. They know all the mindgames, they know all the anti-loop tactics, and it's crystal clear that we should never be paired with players like that.

When the matchmaking tests were done back then, I had the best time I've ever had in DBD on 2 days. Surprisingly I found out at the end that these 2 days were the days when the old matchmaking (grade based) was done. And I've only been playing the game since October 2021, which means I doesn't knew the old system at all. Still, I had the most fun with it in testing, and I hate SBMM with all my heart.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

The problem with solo queue is people want it to be equivalent of a SWF.

Doesn't matter what you change that won't happen.

• Blue_Foxy

more of the fact that how the killer can see your prestige level means whoever is prestige 0 gets tunneled for the lack of perks

• Blue_Foxy

because theres not room in every build do bring kindred, a lot of people dont get that theres so many better perks and the fact you have to bring one just to play is kind of dumb

• ausanimal

But your leaving out one big factor which is skill and if survivors could see the prestige level of killers and they saw a 0 lvl killer how quick do you think it will take swf to change there build just to bully the killer, I'm not saying all SWF do it but there are ones out there that would do that if they knew the killers lvl.

Here is a good example and this person is high in mmr and a great player Otz now im sure if he want in with no perks or items i'm pretty sure he would still be able to give the killer a good chase, but then you have someone low or mid they won't be able to do that because they don't have the skill like Otz yet.

• Katzengott
    edited August 2022

Def agree on that. On the other hand you would be suprised how many solo Q games would run better if more ppl would use it. (Not just Kindred, Aura and Team Perks in general) But knowing when to go for safes or finishing other mates gens which went for the saves is crucial.

They should make Kindred basekit (maybe without seeing the Killer aura, at least).

Would prefer this over a ping-wheel system, Kindred is pretty much all solos need.

• Blue_Foxy

i dont get your point? nobody ever said they should show the killer level so i dont know where you got that from, im saying they should just remove showing your prestige level in general