The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

PS4 DLC release?

2»

Comments

• jessie_12
    jessie_12 Member Posts: 46

We apologize for the wait of The Curtain Call Chapter to our PS4 and XBOX ONE players.
    We know you are eager to play our new content.

As part of our mandate to launch high-quality content, we are now using the Public Test Build to publish updates. To release a quality build created after the PTB for this specific 2.0.0 update, our most substantial so far, the certification process on console was more complex. The PC platform, however, grants us the ability to publish our build instantaneously. It is important to note that in the future our updates will be lighter, which should ensure that this certification delay does not happen again.

In the meantime, we will keep you posted on any developments. Note that as soon as either the PS4 or XBOX build is approved, we will release it.

Posted in the news section from not_Queen a little bit ago.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606

Let's just hope Monday & Tuesday brings us good things.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    jessie_12 said:

We apologize for the wait of The Curtain Call Chapter to our PS4 and XBOX ONE players.

As part of our mandate to launch high-quality content, we are now using the Public Test Build to publish updates. To release a quality build created after the PTB for this specific 2.0.0 update, our most substantial so far, the certification process on console was more complex. The PC platform, however, grants us the ability to publish our build instantaneously. It is important to note that in the future our updates will be lighter, which should ensure that this certification delay does not happen again.

In the meantime, we will keep you posted on any developments. Note that as soon as either the PS4 or XBOX build is approved, we will release it.

So they’re still clutching to that “it’s so big it requires a long certification process!” even though loads of other games prove this is false.

They either sent it in well after it released on PC, or it failed/was pulled from certification to change something. If only they had made some promise to be more open and honest with the community, we wouldn’t need to speculate. Too bad they never promised that.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    edited June 2018
    ThePloopz said:
    Noodle said:

I've got nothing against him personally, he never came at me or offended me in any way so it's whatever. Actually I'm surprised he was the first one I'm seeing to be banned/suspended. Figured it would be someone else.

I’m not surprised I’ve read some of his comments on others posts and some of his discussions he made and I’m not gonna lie some of his stuff gave me a chuckle now and then
    banned or suspended? lol nah. this is jail club. too exclusive for some :) 

and nah, realtalk tho, it wasnt for flags, it was for hurting a mods feelings. i wont say which. /wink

my terrible punishment is that they caged my avatar. oh noes! good thing myers can stalk thru bars.

i dont think they care about flags
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    edited June 2018
    The hype for the chapter is dead anyway . Why would you want a girl everyone else has been with and pay for it?
  • ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    jessie_12 said:
    jessie_12 said:

So they’re still clutching to that “it’s so big it requires a long certification process!” even though loads of other games prove this is false.

They either sent it in well after it released on PC, or it failed/was pulled from certification to change something. If only they had made some promise to be more open and honest with the community, we wouldn’t need to speculate. Too bad they never promised that.
    I don’t even know what she was telling us in this post.  Again, we got no new information.  Just another way to say this update is really big so it’s taking longer.  We got no information on where the certification process is at at this time.  Just another, “it’s being worked on” post, and “as soon as it’s done it will be released.” No actual date, or a timeframe, or even a guess on when it will be done.  It would just be nice to have some sort of information.
    So far the only news has been that there is no news. I’ve come expect that and I’ll be hella surprised when there’s actually news. I think post was just so it’s up there for everyone to see for those who haven’t heard. 
  • BoxingRouge

At this pooint i just want the cosmetics..

• BoxingRouge
    Amanda55 said:

It better be out by next week if they don't want people to quit

I’m positive it will be, otherwise they’re going to a have a rough dev stream on Thursday.
  • Uberfish
    Uberfish Member Posts: 19

It always makes me laugh that people think the devs are holding back the patch for no reason. They want the money. 100% they're working their butts off to get it out asap.

• Lowbei
    Uberfish said:

It always makes me laugh that people think the devs are holding back the patch for no reason. They want the money. 100% they're working their butts off to get it out asap.

its hillary and her reptilian alien brood holding the patch back to please grand overlord obama, obviously.
  • SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201

This update was only sent 11~12th June, Microsoft support prooved it, there's a screenshot somewhere in discustions. The reason why they only sent it so late is PTB and having to wait until PTB ends to gather all the feedback and change all three builds before releasing. It's also due to the update adding in-game microtransactons which is definetly should make verification process longer. Not to mention the sise of the patch which by itself longers this process.

Btw, as Microsoft support said, Bhvr were hoping to release it 10 days after certification, but it seems that this patch was too big. Maybe 10 days is what they usually get when sending a new DLC, but they do it long before the actual release?

All that is left is waiting, Microsoft didn't give more details, while Sony support is kinda out of the case while still having Starbreeze as a publisher (which might be the problem in this case, since 505 are also involved in console version development/publishing).

• SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201

@SanKa_Games said:
    This update was only sent 11~12th June, Microsoft support prooved it, there's a screenshot somewhere in discustions. The reason why they only sent it so late is PTB and having to wait until PTB ends to gather all the feedback and change all three builds before releasing. It's also due to the update adding in-game microtransactons which is definetly should make verification process longer. Not to mention the sise of the patch which by itself longers this process.

Btw, as Microsoft support said, Bhvr were hoping to release it 10 days after certification, but it seems that this patch was too big. Maybe 10 days is what they usually get when sending a new DLC, but they do it long before the actual release?

All that is left is waiting, Microsoft didn't give more details, while Sony support is kinda out of the case while still thinking Starbreeze is a publisher (which might be the problem in this case, since 505 are also involved in console version development/publishing).

• Lowbei
    “a watched pot never boils”

go play something else and be patient. focusing on this is clearly only going to make you people more salty.

• Immersed_P3_Nea
    Immersed_P3_Nea Member Posts: 49
    Been excited for the new content but kinda starting to lose hype at this point. The PTB opened about a month ago. 
  • Lowbei
    Been excited for the new content but kinda starting to lose hype at this point. The PTB opened about a month ago. 
    you will be excited when its released.
  • MrsMaliciousX
    MrsMaliciousX Member Posts: 736
    edited June 2018
    Lowbei said:
    It's actually nothing to great.. More perks and me clothes that's about it haha.. Bought it for PC just to try the new map it sucks 
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei said:
    It's actually nothing to great.. More perks and me clothes that's about it haha.. Bought it for PC just to try the new map it sucks 
    then stop whining on the forum about not having it
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

@brokedownpalace said:
    Why do the mods continue to allow this guy to troll? Like what do you have to do to get suspended around here?

Yeah I don't know. This place isn't nearly as toxic as the Steam forums, but people need timed out and banned I think.

Just temp bans. People need to relax and be objective and nice. He's had a salt trend going.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@brokedownpalace said:
    Why do the mods continue to allow this guy to troll? Like what do you have to do to get suspended around here?

I have over 60 flags and I’m fine. If someone flags you for false reasons, it instead gives you protection, so he is probably insanely difficult to completely ban, and I’m probably nigh impossible

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

@Jack11803 You get the occasional spam flag. He has over 100 abuse flags. There is a bit of a difference

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@lasombra1979 said:
    @Jack11803 You get the occasional spam flag. He has over 100 abuse flags. There is a bit of a difference

True

• silverfoxlps
    silverfoxlps Member Posts: 8
    How come the developers from battle royal say they can now do same day certification on patches but it’s taking so long for this one? 
  • ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    How come the developers from battle royal say they can now do same day certification on patches but it’s taking so long for this one? 
    Because of the mictrotransactions most likely 
  • Lowbei

lol i hope that you people survive, and you already knew that bars cannot stop myers from using the evil within :)
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I really do feel like consoles get the shaft. Not just because of this rare and 1 time delay on a patch... but overall.

I would like something exclusive for us. Like a different version of legacy?

Something. Yeah PC brings in more money probably, and PC has more people... and it was released on PC as well...

But I've spent just under 60 bucks in total for Dead By Daylight. I'm a loyal customer. Just because I play on PS4 shouldn't make me any less.

I do feel like console players are afterthought. Oh well. I still love the game.

• BoxingRouge

@Amanda55 said:
    I am hoping Monday or Tuesday it will drop.

me too.

• Lowbei
    Amanda55 said:

if it doesnt. riot?
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

I really do feel like consoles get theshaft. Not just because of this rare and 1 time delay on a patch... but overall.

I would like something exclusive for us. Like a different version of legacy?

Something. Yeah PC brings in more money probably, and PC has more people... and it was released on PC as well...

But I've spent just under 60 bucks in total for Dead By Daylight. I'm a loyal customer. Just because I play on PS4 shouldn't make me any less.

I do feel like console players are afterthought. Oh well. I still love the game.

I don't want "special treatment" i just want equal treatment. 
  • Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

@TheChanelOberlin said:
    Amanda55 said:

@Lowbei said:

Amanda55 said:

if it doesnt. riot?

Probably not. At this point i just want my Fortune teller claudette skin as well as shirtless David and the bride and mourner skin for the nurse lol. Being salty about it not Being here is too emotionally exhausting so i will just probably play overwatch till it drops so i Don't lose interest in playing.

You’re a huge part of the overall problem.
    they shaft us for weeks on end, don’t even apologise for the delay, do nothing to make up for it, no compensation or anything.
    yet you’ll still throw like an extra £50 at them? [BAD WORD] off you shill.

Tone of the post is a bit aggressive, but the message is right.

They said simultaneous release, I don't care about the Cert excuse. You lied, to us plain and simple, but now at this point the fact there is no apologies, only doubling down on a bad excuse, makes it worse. This could really all be made up with some free Auric cells for the console base and these greedy buggers don't even seem to want to do that.

• Lowbei
    Amanda55 said:

@Lowbei said:
    Amanda55 said:

if it doesnt. riot?

Probably not. At this point i just want my Fortune teller claudette skin as well as shirtless David and the bride and mourner skin for the nurse lol. Being salty about it not Being here is too emotionally exhausting so i will just probably play overwatch till it drops so i Don't lose interest in playing.

thats the spirit. civ is good too
  • Lowbei
    edited June 2018
    Amanda55 said:

@Lowbei said:
    Amanda55 said:

@Lowbei said:

Amanda55 said:

if it doesnt. riot?

I've never played civ before is it good ?

no, but you can see me play it at twitch.tv/lowbei like follow comment donate etc
    Post edited by Lowbei on
  • Theshape94
    Theshape94 Member Posts: 10
    As interesting as this comment section was at this point id like to believe we get the patch Tuesday as that is when ps store updates as well. The thing that is probably taking the longest I'd imagine is not the patch itself but the micro-transactions. That being said cheers and let's cross our fingers for it to be released this week!
  • EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    Lowbei said:
    Amanda55 said:

@Lowbei said:
    Amanda55 said:

@Lowbei said:

Amanda55 said:

if it doesnt. riot?

I've never played civ before is it good ?

no, but you can see me play it at twitch.tv/lowbei like follow comment donate etc

donate? lmao.  somebody...needs a job.