What is your most disliked perk used by killers?

Options

For me its always the franklin. Its strong and super unfun for me as I like to loot boxes :(

But I also noticed `dead mans switch` and erruption , while dead mans its ok, that erruption disables my from game for long time :P

Comments

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,992
    Options

Anything that slows down action speeds really. I just think direct slowdown feels boring and sluggish to play against (and to use). It just really interrupts the flow of the game for me more than anything else.

(Also no, Im not talking about slowdown that is regression based, Im fine with playing against regression, even if I find it boring to use, I just have an issue with "action speed penalty" stuff.)

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

Plaything annoys me a fair bit, but I don't see it often.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,158
    Options

Probably Bamboozle

Not because it's strong or OP but because it promotes boring gameplay

Instead of trying to mindgame you, they just vault the window basically every time and it's really predictable. It's a necessary perk on some killers and I don't blame people for using it but I just find it boring

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

Save the best for last because of how many killers can cheese the perk to prevent themselves from losing stacks

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,158
    Options

Also makes camping super easy

Like basically unable to mess it up easy

• dspaceman20
    edited August 2022
    Options

Yeah basically

Actually speaking of camping I also hate deadlock. That perk is literally a camping perk

• SekiSeki
    SekiSeki Member Posts: 516
    Options

Lightborn Franklins

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,098
    Options

Make Your Choice.

I hate it so much.

Almost as much as I hate Poopy Bird Lady.

• dspaceman20
    Options

That's another perk I hate. The exposed is so long its annoying

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,667
    Options

I can't hate MYC for the same reason I can't hate Devour Hope - at least it keeps the killer from camping you. MYC discourages tunneling on top of that, so I can't be that mad at the inevitable Exposed.

...Unless it's Hag. Then I can go back to hating them.

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 613
    Options

Franklin's Demise. It is just unfair to give the opponent an ability that wastes the blood you spent. If the survivors had a similar perk that broke the killer's add-ons when they got stunned, then riots would happen.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Maybe Thana, idk it's just boring. I dont even use it on Legion.

At least Surge and Pain Rez give you the cathartic satisfaction of exploding generators or making people scream.

Meanwhile you can never tell if Thana is actually doing its job or if yoursurvivors are just goofing off

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Tbf, a Franklin's slap drops 1 item out of 4. A survivor Franklons would eliminate half of the killers loadout, and killers are MUCH more addon dependent than survivors.

You can also find items I'm chests, meanwhile no killer can loot chests for addons as of yet.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Infectious Fright.

• PBsamichShoe
    PBsamichShoe Member Posts: 314
    Options

Pain res, thana, dead mans switch, jolt, merciless storm, deadlock, corrupt intervention, ruin, undying.

Devour hope is also super annoying against killers that just proxy outside the 24 meters and get hook trades and tokens.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,785
    Options

Franklin's Demise. I get why some killers use it but its still annoying.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

Pain Resonance

IMO the most unfun perk is Franklins.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

Franklin's. The fact that it depletes your item makes me hate it even more.

• Taxman232
    Taxman232 Member Posts: 139
    Options

Pain Res is frustrating as hell and quite OP that you can use the same hook over and over and over again. IMO each Pain Res hook should become a regular hook after use - killer needs to be more tactical about their use.

Agree Franklin's is cruel, I preferred when it got rid of the item altogether not just burn out your charges.

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702
    Options
  • Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

Is it really... "fair"? You're hit, drop your item, it stats depleting. If you ever break chase and go back, it's probably useless then because it has no charges. The time it takes to be consumed is so short that if you drop an item you better off forgetting about it.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Knock Out.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 426
    Options

Bamboozle; As has Brokenbones pointed out, it promotes boring gameplay with no counterplay, unless you're running perks like Dead Hard, Off The Record, or Sprint Burst, so you can vault the window when Bamboozle's timer runs out.. Otherwise, you're taking the hit and very likely even a hook, just because the killer has vaulted a window.

• Pr0p3r9
    Pr0p3r9 Member Posts: 111
    Options

I won't dispute that Franklin's is unfun, but it's hardly unfair. The killer is sacrificing a perk slot in order to get a survivor's item slot. As the 1 in a 1v4, the killer's abilities have to be stronger than a survivor's singular abilities. When a group of survivors realize that Franklin's is in play, they all will start dropping their items before you hit them and sometimes before you even chase them. Even against a survivor that you just hit, they'll often have a friend come in shortly after you get the item on the ground.

To me, Franklin's utility isn't in the deletion of items, it's in ensuring that an item won't give value directly in chase. Styptics, syringes, residual manifest blinds, and blood amber won't see any value during chase after you hit them with Franklin's.

With medkits, there's the added bonus that even 2 charges taken from a medkit means that a full heal from that medkit becomes a 99% heal, but this isn't something horrific to me when I consider that medkits are the strongest item in the game by a significant margin. Even then, 99% of a heal means that the survivor just needs to get tapped by another survivor to be topped up. Medkits can suffer from Achilles Heel and still be the best item type in the game.

• AshInTheTallGrass
    AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

Probably Franklins

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Fearmonger

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

Territorial Imperative prevents me from looting the basement

• Grum
    Grum Member Posts: 273
    Options

Used to be Thanat.

Currently Eruption. There's no counterplay to the perk without having comms with everyone on the team, and being suddenly locked out of doing anything for 25 seconds sucks ass.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

You mean Demo, Pig and Wesker, and basically nobody else? The Chainsaws, Trickter and Huntress don't count, because their power is superior to M1 in the majority of scenarios regardless

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    Options

Starstruck + Agitation on Nurse makes me want to scream in pain.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,921
    Options

It's a good perk, but always catches me out: Scourge Hook - Floods of Rage.

I was in the basement opening a chest (hoping for a first-aid kit as I was injured), miles away from where the action was. The survivor was downed, so went into a locker to avoid BBQ, waited the additional few seconds because of Lethal Pursuer, then crept out and continued opening. The guy was rescued, and shortly after the terror radius hit and Blighty-boi came down to give me an unwelcome smack.

I remember spending most of that trial annoyed, thinking "How would he have known that?", but in the endgame the Blight got the 4k, and looking at his build deduced the only way he would have known was because of Floods of Rage.

This perk is perfectly fine, but its effectiveness can become really frustrating, especially since they need to make it extremely obvious to reveal they have this.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

Bamboozle

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,435
    Options

Yes the killer is using 1 of his 4 perk slots to deal with items. Not op in any regard other than the survivors who actually go back for it mid chase ☻

• youshisu
    youshisu Member Posts: 84
    Options

ye, even picking after someone has so few charges. Franklin better delete that item so we don't waste time looking for it in grass xd