Who is the worst killer in the game?

Options

tell me your opinion + why?

Comments

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Trapper, he is so RNG dependent, has disappointing addons and seems to be ignored by the devs. Plus with how map reworks just delete all the grass or other cover for hiding traps.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Trapper. He was always weakest killer. He is still weakest killer.

His traps are so rng, he will waste his all time to trap around but smart survivors will not give him any value from them.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

Nemesis.

Giving survivors free health states....on repeat. Is pretty bad. Even with the anti loop capability, you have to cut through several survivors worth of health states to make it actually have an impact. By the time you've cut through all those health states, shy of camping, the game is over.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,779
    Options

Trapper, Pig, and Sadoko are the bottom three.

Trapper requires too much set up. You have to hope nobody saw where you set your traps. Even then your traps can still be avoided making you a killer with no power.

Pig has no control of her own power and is just reliant on RNG.

Sadoko is a poor man's Wraith/Demo. Its almost impossible to get anyone condemned if they have two brain cells to rub together.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

Sadako

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options
  • Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    Options

If Nemesis is the worst than Sadako and Trapper are unplayable and can't even 1K xD

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Trapper.

Evan is a basic M1 Killer against Survivors with brains. I don't think any other Killer has absolutely nothing going for them if the Survivors have brains

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,109
    edited August 2022
    Options

Deathslinger. He just has the least redeemable features to me. They absolutely gutted Caleb.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,175
    Options

Oni start nearly as weak as myers you forgot him. You lose match if you don't get early hit and if you get early hit you have chance to win. Good survivors will delay that hit very long and oni should have antiloop to injure survivors or 120% movement speed.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    Options

Slinger is still extremely strong. He can shoot over most obstacles, hit people around corners, and shoot through the walls in a lot of situations where Huntress and Trickster could only dream of getting a hit. Vaulting a window while Slinger has LoS is always a guaranteed hit, and many loops are still extremely dangerous even with the pallet dropped. Not to mention the fact that he makes mind-games extremely rewarding since all he needs is LoS.

I need to make a guide on him lol

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,449
    Options

Trickster because his power feels completely pointless on maps with no consistent line of sight, and he always pays the price for his power by being 4.4m/s and having a 40 meter lullaby. 2nd weakest for me is definitely Onryo because her power is very shallow. Her stealth is heavily watered down wraith and her teleport is pretty weak because of small but important details. 3rd is probably deathslinger, he's just not very strong.

• BenOfMilam
    Options

At least Oni is appropriately rewarded for his time investment with "sicko mode". Oni is just an M1 killer at the start, but Myers is literally WORSE than a standard M1 killer at start.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Probably Trapper.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Every killer that isn’t Spirit.

• Silasy
    Silasy Member Posts: 228
    Options

Trapper.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    edited August 2022
    Options

Statistically Trickster seems to have the lowest kill rate right now since the big rework on the site I follow. And historically he’s not rated very highly on popular tier lists, usually average or below average. And I don’t think most people consider him as good as Huntress or Deathslinger since his ability takes longer to actually damage someone. So I don’t know if he’s the worst but he’s apparently down there.

Trapper would have been my pick prior to the rework, but the change to Dead Hard where now you can’t jump over traps made Basement Trapper in particular really vicious. If he gets someone in the basement and traps the entrances it’s very, VERY hard to save the person without getting downed and the person still getting caught again in the process. Even the new Endurance after an unhook doesn’t help because traps still immobilize the survivor for an easy down. I still don’t think he’s great but I do think he’s enjoying more kills now!

Aside from those two, I might go with Meyers? 🤷‍♂️ Meyers has the most fun add-ons in the game, but ultimately his problems are he has a pretty slow startup time (unless of course you use the Mirror add-ons which are fun to play) and no way to get around the map quickly. So if the survivors are spreading out and holding W and looping well when running forward doesn’t work it’s going to take him time to actually catch up and get the down. And yes, he can use Tombstone for instant kills, but that makes his setup time even longer which isn’t ideal. If you can weather the first half of the match and build up zones with destroyed pallets though then he becomes better by the late game and if the survivors mess up and get too close together he can get multiple downs in a row and that could be game over. Generally speaking though the only thing going for him in his base kit is instant downs and simple controls, but Bubba for instance can get instant downs too and his power is available from the very start of the match and he has built in pallet shredding to boot.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,596
    Options

Sadako imo. Condemned rarely does anything unless you have ring drawing. She's just a worse wraith imo.

Trapper at least has basement going for him.

• TheMruczek
    TheMruczek Member Posts: 187
    Options

Honestly either Sadako or Myers.

Myers is basicly downgrade from your regular m1 killers until he reaches tier 2. Even in tier 2 he has nothing and he is the only killer in DBD who can run out of his power.

Sadako is just sad. Mediocre stealth, add-ons, teleport and horrible slowdown. I have no idea how devs thought that Sadako can be released in this state.

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited August 2022
    Options

You might need to cause I can't remember the last time I lost to Slinger. Even facing some in the very few matches i've done post 6.1.0. I know killers like Trapper, Sadako, Trickster, Myers, Clown, and Pig might be some people's go-to choices, but to me even they don't feel as punishing and unsatisfying to play as DS. Compared to those other ranged killers, Deathslinger has way more limitations and gets punished more for missing. His ADS and FOV are whack and he can't down over pallet or if he's not close enough to a window. Does not necessarily mean he is an awful killer, just not enjoyable to me as he is to others.

Post edited by Nun_So_Vile on
  • Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

In my opinion Myers

And with the latest updates it's myers by far. Like in a tier of his own

Trapper benifited massively from the latest changes and i think people are kinda sleeping on him now. I think he easilly went up a couple of tiers

Myers is the slowest killer bar nurse in tier 1. Against most survivors this isn't a problem but when you face ones that know how to deny stalk you realise just how bad it really is.

The lesser terror radius in tier 2 is nice and probably the best thing he has going for him but won't do miracles

Tier 3 is underwhelming. It does have good snowball potential which is why people don't rate him as the worst but he's still a m1 killer with slightly longer lunge and vault speed.

Good survivors will be able to deny that snowball.

That said his power is amazing in concept though, one of the more faithfull ones. And because of his snowball you can do well against avarage survivors.

He just is a killer who you won't know how bad he is untill you faced survivors that really know what to do against him.

Probably not the worst if you look at dbd as a whole but would be the last pick if you had to face the best

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    edited August 2022
    Options

Basekit Pig. Her crouch is nearly useless as it is way to slow altogether.

Start crouching, slow. Crouch around, slow. Stand up, slow. Charge Ambush, slow. Miss Ambush, for some reason slower than missing a basic attack.

Now there are the traps which have the potential of being nearly useless.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

Sadako, her power’s strength revolves mainly around condemnation, which is still pretty weak as to get any pressure from condemnation you need to have a good way to reliably give it to survivors, which her teleport is already pretty restricted as is due to the thing having a long cooldown, doesn’t really help that Dredge does what she does but better at the moment

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

Sadako.

Trapper is a close runner-up, but Sadako is worse IMO.

while it's true that the Realm Beyond updates have consistently screwed Trapper out of trap hiding spots to the point they might aswell just put a big red arrow above each trap and him being extremely RNG reliant in his power (even when it works), at least when he works he works well and efficiently.

If you get a good map (anything that isnt indoor and has the old grass), his area lockdown can be quite terrifying. I've had plenty of games where the Survivors did well in the beginning but then entered my protected zone and got snowballed hard from that point onward.

Sadako just can't really keep up with that, she lacks the sheer potential destructive power that Trapper has - which is why I would rank her lower.

• BenOfMilam
    Options

Indeed, I rarely lose to Slinger as well. I genuinely think that he's a strong killer, just most players are simply terrible with him. Kind of like another killer that is extremely strong in chase and gives survivors little counterplay, but many people do not play them much due to the initial learning curve...

So much about doing well with him is very specific to the survivors' playstyle, as well as each individual loop that you are at. That's why I've been having trouble with how to make a guide with him. It the attention to detail and experimentation that makes him strong, it's hard to paint broad strokes and give general advice with him other than "do more mindgames".

He also has very strange perk synergies, so he does well with unusual perks like Deathbound and Trail of Torment.

• PigMainBigBrain
    Options

Sadako has more map control and multi presence than Trapper or Nemesis.

I love nemesis zombies don't get me wrong. But they're pretty useless and unbearably slow most of the time unless the stars align during certain add on combinations....add on reliance is terrible. Trapper has no high mobility.

In DBD if we're going by priority of what kills more people as a whole.

Mobility is King>Followed by the ability to insta down>followed by Side Objectives. <-- Doesn't matter what killer you're playing, doesn't matter what killer comes out in the future, unless they completely revamp this game those 3 factors are the strongest factors in determining if a killer can actually keep up with survivor power creep. PERIODT.

Nemesis has mobility? No.

Nemesis has Insta downs? No.

Nemesis has side objectives that waste significant time? Of all the killers with side objectives his are about the most ignorable. And his status effect from infection is also ignorable.

Which would be great.....if he didn't have to cut through a bunch of health states to even reach that point to begin with. The problem with nemesis (among many others) is that he's a snowball character, his power builds...but the payoff just makes you go why? The payoff is effectively what nemesis base kit should be considering the actual bonuses are...not that powerful when you consider the above 3 factors that make a killer top tier or not.

Does his snowball give him mobility? No.

Does his snowball give him an insta down? No.

Does his snowball give him extra side objectives? No.

So effectively its just there for padding. There isn't much in his kit at all including add ons that would make me go "OH this combo for sure is DEFINISTRATING survivors on SIGHT!"

He's effectively an M1 killer, with a snowball to charge up before he actually gets a worthwhile active ability. And when you compare him to other killers who have snowball types of effects and charges....its not worth it. As I said before...it just feels like it should have been his base kit.

Make it a mantra when analyzing a killers strength.

Mobility

Lethality

Objectives

^ any of those 3 on a killer will make them instantly viable, no matter what.

But if you don't have any, or if the one you do have is weak...the killer ends up weak as a whole and you fall into the territory of (((This games outcome is completely reliant on how dumb survivors are or how many mistakes they make, and not based on how skillful I am)))

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,201
    Options

Surprised so many people are saying Myers when he's pretty clearly got a bunch of advantages over other killers if you know what you're doing. He's certainly weaker than he needs to be, but he's not the weakest by a long shot. It's also not Sadako, lol.

My pick for the weakest is Clown. Trapper is a good contender, but at least he's got the capability to snowball and has some solid addons for punishing survivors with-- compare to Clown, who has two bottles that both serve the same major purpose (shortening some chases), while being completely countered by predropped pallets and having absolutely no snowball capacity. I love him dearly but he's still the weakest, he's just pretty reliable + consistent - to say nothing of how fun he is, obviously. Some of his addons do help his lacklustre power, but he's still only good at one thing and that one thing is still very easily countered.

Again, though, I love Clown, and I actually think it's a good sign that the weakest killer is as dependable as Clown. He's still perfectly playable, after all!

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited August 2022
    Options

Agreed, especially the part on the learning curve. I get exactly what you mean. I actually recall a match many many moons ago with a Slinger (post-nerf) in Lunar outfit who knew exactly how to do that all that. He wouldn't even have to chase you through a loop cause he'd be right there at the window waiting for you to pass the narrowest junction where he'd get your ass. Very quick to predict survivor loop patterns so my team had to really think about how we approached each loop if we were gonna have a chance at escaping. Easily one of the most memorable games because it just had all the qualities of a classic and it was a tooth and nail fight. You could tell this was someone who had been playing Slinger for awhile, just terrific game sense all-around.

• lkalin91
    lkalin91 Member Posts: 150
    Options

Nurse, she's so bad that most games vs her I face in soloQ someone disconnects

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 582
    Options

I really am baffled by all the people saying Trapper is the weakest killer. It was put best when someone said that he is a 50/50 killer. There are some games where his traps work, they're in good places and the survivors are getting caught in them or you blocked off a pallet. In a situation where Trapper can actually set up fully, he is one of the stronger killers in the game.

Then there's games where you have bad trap placement, the survivors are constantly disarming your trap, survivors don't go where you herd them. It's overall bad. Especially if a survivor is trying to tail you in swf.

Either way, he can either be strong or extremely weak. It's a game by game bases.

To actually answer the post though, Trickster is the worst killer. I love concept and would to play him but it always turns into a crappy time.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

I'll bet you $10,000 I can do better with Nemesis than you can do vs who I think is the worst killer across all maps in the game - in a no addon challenge vs SWF groups that will rotate across a full rotation against all maps (and repeat that process 10 times).

You should really try him with Save the best for last. You only have to whip two or three people the whole game. You whip twice to get tier two and then you will only whip the obsession unless you would otherwise get nothing at a loop. There are pretty common circumstances where you can get two hits faster with 8 stacks as Nemesis than a nurse can down a survivor with blinks.

"Mobility, Lethality, Objectives"

I will suggest a new category for you to consider : Tunnel Potential. Most of the M1 killers suck at tunneling because someone who is about to die can just throw all the pallets and extend a chase long enough to punish you. You can't do that vs Nemesis. Because he can run STBFL Nemesis is quite good at tunneling. Body blocks help you when you are building stacks (you can't both be evasive and protect someone if you are the obsession if I use my whip on you). Hitting people as they get unhooked helps you build more stacks.

You also ignore: 4v1 potential. Pinhead's cube can interrupt all 4 survivors. Zombies can stop or slow gen repairs while you are in a chase. Doctor can force you the team to "snap out" and not be able to do anything else. These are a few examples but we also have the snowball potential from killers like Myers, Oni, Huntress and Nurse who have the potential to chain damage really quickly. Even though this bleeds into the lethality category it is usually considered to be part of this category as you can sometimes pressure everyone at once.

You seem to have a grasp of the game's mechanics but I don't think you've ever really watched someone good play Nemesis. You underestimate how good he is at zoning survivors. Nemesis has a Huge advantage when it comes to Lethality over Ring. Nemesis Blight and Nurse have one of the most supreme advantages in the game in that they can almost ignore pallets with their power.

Mobility becomes far less valuable if you tunnel someone out of the game. Nemesis also becomes stronger when you tunnel someone out of the game because suddenly it becomes a 3v3 game. Yes the zombies often do not help you but with almost any other killer you have 100% chance of zero outside help.

The other thing to consider is that Mobility doesn't matter if you hard camp and control a three gen setup. This point is easily illustrated when playing infinite tier three Michael Myers and you hook a survivor in the middle of a three gen setup. How do you get a safe save? You don't. Likewise how do you get a safe save vs Nemesis with 8 stacks? You don't. If I punch you on your way to the hook I will recover before you can make the unhook. If I punch you as you are unhooking you will be down before you have a chance to dead hard.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

I'm the worst killer in the game.

Oh you meant like in the roster? Dunno maybe myers because it takes forever to tier up?

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

Trapper. Can be fun, but very limited. You get those occasional games where you can hard the survs into your traps, but if things don't go your way, you have nothing.

Also in the running: Pig, Freddy, Legion (yeah, I said that), Clown.

People saying Sadako and Nemesis are nuts, imo.

Condemnation is absolutely not her main strength, but if that is how you approach her, it's unsurprising that you'd think she is the weakest.

Her power/strength is her mobility and stealth; the condemnation is an afterthought. Yes her TP is limited, but that can be mitigated by add ons.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

Weakest killer depends on the limitations. Michael Myers can play at "A" level with best addons. But he's probably C or D tier with none. By comparison Trapper and Pig are just built poorly. No addon combination makes them "A" tier. Both Trapper and Pig become highly ineffective in a large number of the game's realms.

Playing trapper with no grass is just not fun. Why? Because some people play the game with filters. There is nothing wrong with using filters as they are 100% allowed by the developers.

Likewise Pig is not fun on any Open Map. Crouching becomes pointless and you basically have no power - other than the fact that you can potentially use STBFL. Both Trapper and Pig are absolutely pathetic without addons. Pig doesn't really have amazing addons but she has some "ok" options. Trapper is night and day different with Bloody Coil (disarming traps damages you) & Iridescent Stone (one trap resets every 30 seconds). But even with those addons he won't play too well "off grass". The most powerful weapon in the trapper arsenal are "sinking traps" that are invisible - but this is an exploit and is not something you should do as they fix those positions eventually.

If we were making a list based on no addons I would probably put Wraith at the very bottom. Even on a map with no Grass Trapper can place traps to block pallets. This creates a hard stop with no way to avoid it. Wraith without any addons is abysmal. You move around quickly and can find people but they can vault a window and you don't even get a free hit. You're moving around the map slower than Ring and you're just as pathetic in chase.

I've watched CMWinter enough to know that Pig has some crazy potential if you play her well.

I've watched TheEntityLeftHand enough to know that Trapper has some potential if you play well enough.

From what I know - there is no "famous" Wraith main. Marth can play a mean wraith and he loves wraith dearly but I would bet against him if it were a no addon challenge between him and the other two mains.

• FridayNightPizza
    FridayNightPizza Member Posts: 611
    edited August 2022
    Options

Wraith, the slowdown when coming out of stealth hurts him something shocking and the bing bong completely ruins any element of surprise. Playing him is absolutely miserable. Also Freddy, his dream snares are laughably bad and are borderline useless. I enjoy playing him but hot damn he sucks.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 935
    Options

Trapper and Myers compete for who is the weakest. I would say Trapper is the worst against average survivors and Myers is the worst against highly skilled survivors.

Trapper has a limited power that wastes his time and only works if the survivors go where the trap is, and is not always possible to push them there. It's also much weaker on certain maps. Organized SWFs can also share information and deactivate many of his traps.

Myers has the weakest early game. He also has the easiest to land instadown in the game, but he needs to stalk first to build up his power AND he loses stealth when reaching Tier III. Against the most skilled survivors, he will often get only one instadowns per use of stage III.

If we're going for perk and add-on value, however, the Shape is better than the Trapper. Myers has some really strong purple and iridescent add-ons (Tombstone Piece is actually busted), and bamboozle makes his stage III counter windows well. Sure, trapper has some nice ad-ons like the Iridescent Stone and the Trapper Sack, but they aren't as busted.

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012
    Options

Sadako by a long shot she is just sad, fun as hell if you play her right but in in the end of the day she is just worst than even trapper

i mean with trapper you get dopamine every time someone steps over your trap

• PigMainBigBrain
    Options

Pinheads cube, Doctors insanity, Plagues spit, Pigs Helmet are all side objectives.

And for killers as far as objectives go, If you can ignore the side objective, then its not worth having. Nemesis's side objective is his infection cleanse. Which...honestly you can pretty much ignore. And for the times you choose not to ignore it, you get a bonus health state.

Tunnel potential isn't a thing. Because every killer in this game can tunnel a survivor out of the match and end it there. Just depends on how hardcore you're willing to go to get someone out. Plus theres other killers who tunnel better by simply having better Objectives, better Lethality, and better Mobility.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,877
    Options

For me it's Deathslinger, for no proper reason. I just hate his laugh and his look and his terror radius and the sound his gun makes. If a Deathslinger caught me 30 seconds into a game and facecamped me right up until I died, I would legit feel relieved lol

• Maverick_74F
    Maverick_74F Member Posts: 159
    Options

Pig- M1 killer and can't do much in chase so you may not even get all 4 head traps on by endgame

Onryo- Jack of all trades, master at nothing.

Trapper-BHVR PLEASE just let him start with his traps so he doesn't lose 2 gens at the start

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505
    Options

either sadako or myers

sadako has nothing in chase, her mobility has a 100 second cooldown, and condemned could not exist and shed remain the same, and she has stealth but she has a lullaby and is completely visible

myers (excluding tombstones) is just an m1 who stares at survivors for 30 years to get 60 seconds of exposed on everyone, but if youre in chase you pretty much get 1 down, and the other survivors either immerse or run god loops if you find them before your 60 seconds are up, and if you arent in chase youve completely wasted the tier 3 and might as well just go sit in the corner of basement for the remainder of it since youll be more productive there. the faster vaulting doesnt really make a difference unless you stack it with perks, and the tiny bit extra lunge doesnt really help now that pallets stun you from 40 light years away and same side stun you as well.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,205
    Options

Onryo. She is next to useless.

• EvieSimpsForCrowLady
    EvieSimpsForCrowLady Member Posts: 225
    Options

Trapper and myers

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Me

• KayTeeBee
    KayTeeBee Member Posts: 47
    Options

Definitely Trapper.

He is RNG based and easy to counter. A normal survivor always know where to look for traps. His Add-Ons are weak.

• tendyhands
    tendyhands Member Posts: 268
    Options

If you think nemesis is weak just because it takes a 3rd hit to get down from tentacle you must be at some low mmr