My theory as to the reused prime gaming cosmetic

Options

The prime gaming cosmetic being an actual copy is really stupid and I racked my brain coming up with a solution. I eventually remembered a leak from last year claiming that 500 auric cells would be the prime gaming reward for December but was either rescheduled or scrapped. My theory is that this month was supposed to be auric cells how ever close to the deadline they swapped it with the plague cosmetic.

Comments

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

No Amazon is just a bad company in general. But that's not a discussion for these forums unfortunately.

They will do what they want and not care what anyone says

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

should of been 500 auric cells

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I'm guessing they just decided to test what they could get away with when it comes to the prime cosmetics. Probably figured if they can just reuse an old cosmetic without putting any effort in then it would save time/effort.

If they're going to reuse cosmetics for prime they should atleast recolor them or make it so if the player already owns the cosmetic they will get iri shards equivalent to the rarity of the cosmetic that way those with prime can actually use the code. Other option would be release on prime first and then make it available in the store at some point in the future, again so those with prime can actually use the code. They shouldn't reuse the same cosmetic, without even recoloring it, with the rift and prime.

• AshInTheTallGrass
    AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

@bm33 @Yepitsme72 On that note, the editing here gave me a good chuckle 😂

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,908
    Options

I suspect maybe the skin won't be coming to store now, that they decided to instead make it a Prime exclusive

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,989
    edited August 2022
    Options

Maybe it's because everyone complained about exclusive skins being locked behind a separate subscription service?

• Princess_Poe
    Princess_Poe Member Posts: 9
    Options

It would've been nice to have an actual new cosmetic, but why did they also pick one of the worst cosmetics to give us with prime. I have a friend who I ended up giving my code to because I already had the skin. Just feels like a crappy gift though given how bad the cosmetic is

• LiaLight
    LiaLight Member Posts: 75
    Options

I completely agree. Hopefully more people will voice their disappointment both on the forum, the Dbd twitter and the Amazon Prime twitter. I'm not sure if it will do much but it is better than staying silent and just putting up with stuff like this.