Would you risk yourself to save your teammate?

Options
Phinick
Phinick Member Posts: 8

There's only 2 survivors left, you are in front of exit gate ready to escape, but your fellow teammate gets downed by the killer and they are on the other side of the map, what would you do?

Would you risk yourself to save your teammate? 63 votes

Escape without second thought, my survival is the only thing matters.
6%
AdvorsusViktor1853Nathan13qnyun 4 votes
Excape with guilt, there is nothing I can do.
6%
darkcloudlinkMarc_123XendritchJacobiusWick 4 votes
Attempt to go for the unhook but turn back if spotted by the killer.
36%
Seiko300F60_31brokedownpalaceDimekfacundojMysteriosopizzaduffyhp90[Deleted User]ArchAbhorUndershotMarc_go_soloIlliterateGenocideMy_AespaTheArbiterAurelleEvilSerjeAlex_xni6_Taxman232TarunCosmo 23 votes
Go for the unhook, I would rather die with glory than live as a coward.
41%
danielbird11SacrilegeGGFilthyLegionMainAshInTheTallGrassWampiritaHex_LlamahilapastaAnniehere_NIGHTMARE_Guiltiicatfam05HaunterofShadowsCheesyBabyBoiIvory_PartnaiteIron_CutlassCybilhastarkisSekiSekiJonathanByersPhantom_ 26 votes
Trade hook, they deserve escape more than I do.
7%
BrokenbonesShoobyDinoraptusQweAndAHalf[Deleted User] 5 votes
I won't risk myself but I will stay at the exit gate and teabagging the killer for you.
1%
PSP 1 vote

Comments

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,197
    Options

I'll always try to go for the unhook unless it's a one-hit killer, or the hooked teammate wasn't much of a team player 🤷‍♀️ then I'll def delta with no guilt and no remorse.

• Ivory_Partnaite
    Ivory_Partnaite Member Posts: 89
    Options

I always try to piss the killer off no matter what.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,274
    Options

If the killer isn't camping ill go for it, but if im injured and I see them camping there is no point in giving the killer a free 4k

• SekiSeki
    SekiSeki Member Posts: 516
    Options

You just have to go for it. It's that much better when everyone gets out.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,361
    Options
    Excape with guilt, there is nothing I can do.

In your scenario on the other side of the map i won´t try. I would die to 98% if the killer isn´t completely new.

But in these rushed cases where i am death hook and the killer is chasing me and i barely get to the hook - because no other would do it - i almost always save the hooked and die.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

If the killer spots me and chases me or if they're camping, I'll leave. But if not, I'll definitely go for the save.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 932
    Options

Nope

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

It depends on the details. If you are healthy and have a perk that is built for a rescue like that then you’ll be much more inclined to try for the save than if you’re injured and don’t have a perk that can help.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,611
    Options

Depends on the situation.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,921
    Options

A victory for me isn't the survival, but whether I pip or not. However, since the change I'm more cautious with the saves. No need to give the killer any more kills than is necessary.

• AshyBashy
    AshyBashy Member Posts: 28
    Options

If I'm not injured or my next hook I die, usually yes.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    Options

In most situations I give up my escape. If I don't, it's because I'm on death hook and I want to have at least one escape.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104
    Options

If I believe I can get the rescue and they'll have a decent chance at escaping, I'll go for it. I don't care if I'm dead on hook.

If it's NOED or similar situation where I think it's most likely I'll just end up on the hook/ground next to them, I won't throw my life away.

If it's NOED or Devour Hope and I have time and space I will look for the totem to try and create an unhooking opportunity.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I gotta put me first Lucious.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    edited August 2022
    Options

Unless I am injured or it's an insta-down killer, I'm going back in there. I'd probably get an easy 10-15% more escapes if I didn't play this way, but it's what I enjoy.

Of course this playstyle is the leading cause of me slipping into MMR hell, so it's not without consequence.

• AshInTheTallGrass
    AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

Ideally, no hook trading will happen. I'll successfully get the unhook and we both get out. But if I have to trade, I trade.

The game is about having fun. If I can make someone else have more fun, then I'm also having fun.

• SgtMittens
    SgtMittens Member Posts: 249
    Options

I go for the unhook because it's just a video game. I'm not really that hard up to "win". Same when I'm playing killer. I'd rather get 30k with no kills than 15 with 4. Others need the validation because they nothing else to look forward to.

To each their own.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    edited August 2022
    Options

It all depends on the situation. Do I have anything in my build that ensures we both get out? Did they get downed because they were goofing off trying to be toxic?

Overall the general answer is no. The chance of even one person escaping at that point is gonna be small. Let alone both people. Why feed the killer more kills??

Especially since I don't know these people. I'd rather get the large amount of bp got escaping, instead of the small amount for unhooking. I get literally nothing for trading with them.

You think they care? Lol they don't

Now if they added a reason to actually do so, then sure, I might do it.

• TarunCosmo
    TarunCosmo Member Posts: 181
    Options

It depends if I'm Iri 1 yet or not. Once I am Iri 1, I play for other survivors. Otherwise I play it a bit more safe.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789
    Options

Unless I have a challenge where I have to escape, it's way more fun to go for it.

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545
    Options

It depends on if I'm doing a rift challenge to escape, or if the killer is camping.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,158
    Options

Typically I do this if I didn't really do much in the match and the survivor on hook did

I'd rather the person who did the harder part of the match be rewarded. Dying's no big deal if I didn't really engage in chases much

Besides, I know how it feels to run a killer really well then eat dirt in the endgame. It's nobody's fault but it def feels bad.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

For a random it depends on alot of things. Do I have an escape challenge? Have I died multiple matches in a row and finally can escape? How was this teammate playing during the match? Did the hide the entire time or were they the mvp? What killer is it and how did they play during the match? Is it even worth the attempt? Or is it more likely I'm just giving the killer an extra kill? Am I in the mood to attempt a risky save? Would I make this attempt for my swf teammate?

• Dinoraptus
    Dinoraptus Member Posts: 254
    Options

Ghostbeaters never leave a man behind.

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 833
    Options

Its situational and highly dependent on the killer, the teamate on hook and how good of a match it was. If its an m1 killer that improves their odds of me going for them but if its bubba then Im far less likely. Was that survivor productive? I'm far less likely to want to help a teamate that hid all match. If it was a good game I'm rank 1 and I got a bunch of points. I wouldnt mind swapping with that hooked survivor.

Either way the people who get bent out of shape that you didnt die for them to escape are the worst. Same with the obvious 2 or 3 man squad that leave before the person being hooked even gets a chance to hop off hook.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901
    Options

Depending on the situation is when I decide to stay and help. If it looks like we won't get it I don't even bother but, if there's a chance I'd go for it.