Do you care about Win/Lose?

Options

I mean, i have 7 lose streak and i dont really know that i have to care about this XDD (mmr u know) (survivor)

Comments

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

I enjoy winning

• acharliet
    acharliet Member Posts: 155
    Options

SOLO-Q is very bad right now. U might win some games, escaping as survivor, but mostly not. And yeah you can have now 10 loose streak playing Solo-q easily. But nobody cares.

I just played couple games, but then I turned off game. Last game I had 2 teamates console players with self-care. I wish to enjoy solo games, but now its bad tho.

• Jeromy137
    Jeromy137 Member Posts: 348
    Options

I only care if it is a challenge that I am working on that requires me to basically win other than that I don't really care as long as I got to play

Like getting killed on first hook or being forced to deal with a bully squad that want me to be miserable I don't like dealing with that

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,434
    Options

I am a high mmr killer main. As long as the survivors I am going against are at my skill level or better than its simply my fault I lost. I basically didn't play this game for months leading up to the patch because of all of the objectively bad survivors running the same perks or the survivors who were screwed by mmr due to queue times and thrown into my game. But most of the time now I get great survivors even a couple comp teams running their best stuff outside of styptics(though they were toxic). And now that I can finally get better at this game since I'm going against truly competent survivors I could not care less if I lose. Though sometimes mmr still ######### up once in a while.

Though I will say if you are stuck in low mmr solo survivor I'm sorry for you, there really isn't much you can do outside of being multiple times better than the killer and praying.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

I care for BP more than winning. However winning gives you usually more BP so yes

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I care a little about winning ofcourse but not enough that i could spoil my fun

Keeping a track of how many times i lost in a row for example is a very bad thing to keep if you want to enjoy the game

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

Do I care about losing ? No. Do I care about how I lose ? Yes.

If I lose as survivor to a guy who just prevents me from playing by tunneling me out of the game, yeah, I'll be pissed. If I lose to a person who actually plays the game, and lets me play it as well, I don't care. They did well, they deserve the kill and I'll do better another time.

As killer, I really don't care. I'm quite friendly so I sometimes make my own "losses" because I had fun with the survivors and let them go. The games I have the most fun and that make me the happiest are the ones where I play games with the survivors and everyone has fun, not the ones where I stomp.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 426
    Options

I have used to care and behaved quite competitively a few years ago.. But ever since I've stopped doing so, I'm fiding myself having numerous times more fun than ever before.

What I want to mention, though, is that I don't want victories to come without any effort; I do enjoy a reasonable challenge, but it has to be something I can do. When it comes to losing, I don't like to lose when I get outplayed because somebody has used a certain add-on or a perk; Great example is Rin's Dried Cherry Blossom, and certain add-ons alike, like Sally's range add-ons (luckily, they're gonna get nerfed).

When it comes to winning, I do consider having more than six hooks a victory, because each survivor is worth three hook stages, regardless of the amount of sacrifices. So, if I hook them all once, but they just decide to kill themselves on the hook, I do see the match as a loss. When I play as a survivor, wasting enough of killer's time to help my team mates finish the generators and get out, I do see that as a victory, even though I've sacrificed myself for the team.

It's not like I don't enjoy winning.. It's just that I feel like losing benefits people more than winning, as people do usually tend to analyze their gameplays or possible mistakes when they lose, but they don't question how and why have they won.. So, they do learn nothing and move on.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,953
    Options

Winning is fine, winning against clearly inferior/handicapped opponents isn't. If a survivor DCs or someone gets eliminated right away because no one rescued them, the rest of the game is worthless.

What I tend to care about most is objectives, including dailies and challenges.

If I need to kill x obsessions then that's what I'll consider a win, or ifvI need to escape as x survivor then the escape will be the win. But if my objective doesn't centre arounds kills/escapes then neither does my win condition, and simply getting 8 hook with no kills can be fine.

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 829
    Options

As killer I dont really care so long as I feel like I had a chance to win and I screwed it up. If I feel like the match was unwinnable then it pisses me off. The same is for when I'm winning if I feel like team didnt have a chance to beat me then its not fun. I like close matches win or lose.

As survivor I play for fun unless I'm doing challnges or trying to get to rank 1. If I'm not doing either of those I prefer escaping but I'm down to sacrifice myself to save other good teammates. The two things that make me not enjoy a match is teammates throwing / being paired with babies and killers who camp people to death or tunnel with no provocation. What I mean by that is if they camp or tunnel at 4 or 5 gens, late game I dont care.

• Metronix
    Metronix Member Posts: 226
    Options

Nope. Tome and Level progression is "important" to me, but at the end of the day it is a game. Nothing more, nothing less.

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    Options

I do care but that's the issue with Current MMR, it's definition of winning is flawed for both sides.

It's the worst for SoloQ survivors imo, it forces you to play in a very passive way most of the time if you want to rank up. Unless you are playing in SWF, it's a different story.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,909
    Options

A victory for me is pipping up. If I have a game where I die but have pipped, then it's a win. However, on a stricter note I consider a decent game is a game where I score at least 9 emblem points.

Sure, escaping is nice and currently I'd say I escape 45% of the time, but a trial where I die yet know I've cobtributed heavily feels better than escaping in a rather cowardly and low-scoring effort.

• TarunCosmo
    TarunCosmo Member Posts: 181
    Options

I don't mind losing if the team played well.

It's when I get a bad team that it bugs me. Sometimes the bad team wins and we all survive, but I still feel irritated.

Short answer, no.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I try to win, sure. I don't particularly care about pips or my MMR though, they do whatever they do and I just play as if they're not even a thing.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

I prefer bloodpoints over a survive or 4k, however it'd be a lie if I said I'm not a bit upset after a bad outcome, mainly on killer.

I put myself in the mindset of Bloodpoints=Win a long time ago for my own sanity

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    edited August 2022
    Options

I play really hard to win most of the time, but I'm more of a casual try-hard than a full-blown sweat. I still meme with the survivors occasionally, and I'll let one person go if they earned it.

I prefer playing against good players, so I try to get MMR high and avoid letting it go down.

• Mysterioso
    Mysterioso Member Posts: 80
    Options

I like to play for fun so I really don't mind losing/winning. If I didn't have fun then I guess that's a loss to me.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

Exact same boat here. Or if I'm achievement hunting and have to finish a gen on a specific map and escape or trying to get an adept.

• rysm
    rysm Member Posts: 217
    Options

Nah. As survivor I use perks that are fun and swf with my bf and have a blast. I couldn't give a hoot about winning lol. Also fyi, running Overcome, Inner Healing, Quick and Quiet, and Lucky Break, is a fantastically fun build haha.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,200
    Options

Not really.

As survivor, I get around 50% wins (solo, I used to get more with my team) but all I usually care about is to do saves, one gen or two and whatever rift/daily I'm supposed to do.

As killer, I want chases first. If however the opposing team has sent me to a bad map I'll play harshly.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,513
    Options

I care about winning as either side. But at least as survivor if I die, I'd like my teammates to get out. I'm shocked to see myself getting sacrificed, and then spectate to see that my teammates haven't even touched an exit. As killer, I hate losing but it's normal.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,418
    Options

Yes. Dying all the time as survivor is not fun because then there is no tension on whether not you will escape. Escaping all the time makes you feel like the killers are underpowered.

Killing all of the time makes you feel like you are killing insects. Not killing anything makes you feel like you have no control and there's no point of a game if your input doesn't matter.

• AshInTheTallGrass
    AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

I like winning, but I mostly care about fun. There are times I've escaped and didn't really enjoy it because the match wasn't fun. And there are matches I've lost that were still a lot of fun.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,694
    Options

I feel like this is me as well. As Killer or Survivor, I don't really prioritize "winning" (i.e. escape as Survivor, 4K as Killer), I just enjoy playing with friends, trying out new perks/playstyles with Killers, playing Killers I am complete potato buns at and its definitely unlikely I will secure any kills, or just being comfy playing either side and doing my best but not worrying too much. A good meme or two is always nice as well, like trying to get some snoot boops (as Pig or Ghost Face) or magpie some items and putting them in the shack/map center for the Killer.

The only time I am concerned about it would be Daily or Tome Challenges, then it is "I'm sorry Dweet, you're adorable, but you gotta go on the hook for my Tome Challenge, because I'm finally almost done with it." rofl

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,710
    Options

I like winning. Winning is nice. But fun is more important.

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

Tbh I play the game just because it's nostalgic to me. I played this game in 2017 and I love thinking of the past. No matter if I win or loose this game will always be what made my life 10x better

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Everyone likes winning, but I can't say I care enough to dwell on it longer 5 seconds after games end.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Yes - and no.

I don't mind losing. I don't like getting destroyed.

I like winning. I don't like stomping.

I'll often ease up if I'm winning too hard on killer, because I know what a pig it is getting BP on survivors (especially now, argh).

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,015
    Options

A little bit, but I prefer intense, high-paced matches even if it ends on a loss.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,840
    Options

I don't. I can escape a game but if it's with low bps and a safe pip then I'm disappointed because I know I didn't play my best. If I die but pulled my weight, then I'm happy.

Having said that, it's genuinely nice to play a good game and escape once in awhile. Doesn't happen as much anymore

• Jarky
    Jarky Member Posts: 587
    edited August 2022
    Options

Not particularly anymore, I just want the game itself to be a good one.

I find the chase aspect of the game the more interesting part on both sides, so having decent chases is all that I really want. I can be tunnelled the entire game, but so long as each of my chases were all enjoyable (i.e. I didn't get unhooked and downed in the first 6 seconds) then that's fine. I'd rather go against a bunch of fun chases as killer and be chased the entire game as survivor than not see the killer the entire game/not see a survivor the entire game - win or lose.

I'd also rather save a team-mate and die, than leave them to escape (unless I have a particular challenge).

That's just me, though - other people who wanna stealth/escape is fine, everyone has their own definition of what's 'fun'.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

I only care of I have a mission where I have to escape. Otherwise I only care about fun, Pips and Bloodpoints

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

One could argue that the person tunneling you out is acutally playing the game, because it doesnt matter if he chases you or someone else. its the same chase, the result just is more favorable for the killer.

Sure i do care about winning, otherwise i dont need to play. However, if i get a good game, then i dont care if i win or lose that much. But losing because that swf leaves you on your first hook against a non-camping killer, yeah, i am pissed then.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,002
    Options

I'm more interested in BP, especially with the recent grind change.