If I could sum up the current state of DbD in one picture...

Options

Yes, I was running Decisive Strike. Yes, I was running Off the Record. Yes, I took him to the shack. Still got tunneled straight out of the game. So fun, much skill wow 👏

Comments

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

the funny thing is, even if the whole team brought cake, you get tunneled and facecamped.

• acharliet
    acharliet Member Posts: 155
    Options

Well, you are not right, saying skill issue ? Well, in solo-q you cant be waiting for ur teamates to take hit for u, some can do it, some will never do it.

Skill Issue? He didnt tell which killer tunneled him out of game. It could be nurse. If you are being tunneled by nurse and your teamates do all 5 gens by time, then it means that killer player was really bad tho...

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,653
    Options

I believe that with the release of the next chapter, tunneling will be the best way for killers that focus on just getting kills to do so.

Camping is basically gutted, so people will naturally gravitate towards hard tunneling.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707
    Options

You didn't see the game how can you conclude this was a skill issue? A lot of random things happens in games that have nothing to with skill. I've seen Ayrun die with 3 gens left as well, that happens. Skill issue there as well?

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

Because MMR. If the killer is good enough to be able to mindgame and outplay a good survivor 3+ times (including through multiple second chance mechanics) then the survivor should be able to adequately waste enough of their time for more than 2 gens to get done. Hell, just time dangling on hook for either of those previous hooks should have provided plenty of time. That said the other survivors could just really be that bad, in which case its a skill issue on them (which obviously op has no control over personally, but thats DBD)

I think their point about it being a skill issue is mainly that you can waste an absurd amount of the killer's time if you know you're being tunneled, at any skill level. Its just a matter of outplaying the killer in a way that purposely wastes as much time as possible, so your team can capitalize on said wasted time. Its easy to say "but i kept going down" but harder to do "...but i made sure there was enough time for the gens to get done in the process"

Otherwise if its purely because every single factor is out of your control and the fog is a big scary place then just brush yourself off and go for another one. Bad games will always happen because this game is designed to practically force them on people.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

It's because the Devs went the wrong way with the basekit changes

instead of decreasing the weapon hit cooldown, and the 10 extra charges to complete a Gen and DS changes (which needed to stay at 5 seconds)... they should've dealt with the base regression first and see how things turn out

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 746
    Options

Sounds like you need to run some lone wolf perks. If you are playing solo q, you are playing a completely different game and therefore perks that would be helpful in a team, won't be helpful for you alone.

You're going to want stealth perks or perks that help items last longer. Need a heal, but that Meg is too busy teabagging in the corner? Pharmacy. Seems like the killer always knows where you are? Distortion. Getting slugged? Unbreakable/ Soul Guard.

The point I'm trying to make is teammates should be seen as unreliable and it's every person for themselves. You got to look out for number one.

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702
    Options

Either your mates sucked at gens or you got rolled in chase. Being caught 3 times within 2 gens? I know it sucks being tunneled, but work on looping skills and that can turn into 5 gens done and 3 out, which I personally take as a win even if I die for it.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

i'll give you gladly one of my matches as killer to see why people kept tunneling and camping... don't think that players who use that tactic consider it fun because it's not even for them... the game force you to do it, otherwise you'll end the match without kills most of the times and the survivors disrespecting you (at least in high mmr)...

• CarlHudzon2010
    CarlHudzon2010 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I dont know I am a player of both sides the game fells more balance the old perks was OP for both sides even now the survivor have builds for escape, even BT Is free now i think you just have bad luck

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

The counters to tunneling:

• OTR.
    • Teammates.

Shrug. And sometimes I'll bring streamers on killer, and have three people deliberately DC and type 'no BP 4 u' postgame. This isn't a partisan issue.

This is a playerbase issue.

That said, people are exaggerating here (on the internet? Wow).

The recent HCS series - some tunneling, almost no camping. They generally got away fine.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

OTR and Teammates aren't reliable nor are they surefire ways to counter tunneling as the killer can still chase you after you use your OTR and after teammates take hits for you.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,942
    Options

I was Pyramid Head and while loading into the game I saw that we had 4 Flan offerings, so I decided to try for 8 hooks and not sacrifice anyone, but not throw the game or farm.

The map was Coaltower and the survivors were pretty good and gave me a run for my money, but non of them played in any toxic way, so there was no t-bagging after vaults, no flashlight clicking, just pure, good gaming. At one point I tunneled a survivor so that I could hook her a second time, and that gave me the opening I needed to down and hook the last survivor, who had eluded me all game, because he took an (unneeded) protection hit.

During the EGC I downed one of the survivors on deathhook (well, all were on deathhook at that point) and hauled him over to the gates. Here is the post game chat, which really warmed my stone-cold killer-main heart. 

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    edited August 2022
    Options

But that would be perfectly fine. Bringing a bonus BP offering doesn't obligate anyone to play a particular way.

Players can't go using offerings as a means to compel people to play how they want them to play.

"I brought a BP offering you owe me a fair game as defined by me" Its a really ridiculous mindset to have about the game.

(I'm not saying this is specifically your mindset, but the irony you're trying to convey in this lil gag requires the aforementioned mindset to be the plausible expectation).

Post edited by pseudechis on