Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,087
    Options

You underestimate my powers...

• TarunCosmo
    TarunCosmo Member Posts: 181
    Options

Had a Perma T3 Mori Myers at Blackwater Swamp. We got down to 1 gen then he hit Tier 3. I ran into a locker on every chase and he waited for a bit before going to find another survivor... I was like, yup we screwed. And indeed, we were.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    Options

I really wish we had deep stats on all our characters' deeds throughout the years. How many Dwights have I killed? I will never know.

DBD is what you make of it. I prioritize actions that earn me points and just go with the flow of the match trying to have fun.

• ImNotBobDylan
    ImNotBobDylan Member Posts: 221
    Options

It doesn't really take that much evil tbh, the main difficulty is that you need to stalk all 4 survivors to get it so if you can't find one of them because he's hiding all game your strategy will be screwed. It's also countered well by people looping you for 2 gens then hiding in lockers to not get mori'd.

But just like many obnoxious things in this game, if just 1-2 survivors don't know how to react properly and give Myers an easy stalk then they will most likely get 4K. I agree putting T3 Myers in the same sentence as Blight/Nurse is a massive exageration but I would not say T3 Myers is a particularly bad build.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

do SWF vs trapper doom posting now. Or clown.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

Lol for the first 100 games or so maybe.

After that we get good players that give us a run for our money.

Every match is head to head and i love it.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

You have killed the same dwight repeatedly sir. The glasses gives it away, same person.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

You are a man of culture who respects a good face camp game from a Bubba. You understand we work hard and sweat for the win. Screw those corny Myers mains and their easy wins.

• Iron_Einherjar
    Iron_Einherjar Member Posts: 11
    Options

Had a match as Myers, last second SWF swaps to bunny Feng with flashlights, so I switched to Infinite Tombstone Myers. I wandered around for five minutes but with no gen progress or even stalk at all I realized it was an AFK team. So I played their game instead. Hid in basement back to wall and help stalk but swung weapon every few seconds to mimic the AFK macros people use. Eventually one gen was done, a second, and then one person found me suddenly all four are down there crouching nearby, flash stunning, and healing after walking into attack range.

They all scattered at first when I went Tier 2, noticing I didn't move and kept swinging they all came back to farm more. Until I got tier three and immediately Mori one, then a second by the door to the shack. It may have ended in a hatch escape, but it was funny to trick the ninja bully squad.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,202
    Options

Actually no perma tier 3 is pretty fast to get but if he has tombstone as well then maybe but with corrupt and deadlock myers still should get it when there is some gens left debending how good the survivors are.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

Nowadays with the gen times, if youre running perma tier 3 and a stalk add on you get it in no time

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

As strange as the thread is, I agree I think?

I get absolutely nothing from matches where it feels like I could lose consciousness temporarily several times throughout the match and still win, it's genuinely less fun than being completely roflstomped to me.

• Metronix
    Metronix Member Posts: 226
    Options

I'm so surprised that a mere philosophical sentence can start this variaty of discussions, that are going on. Respect OP 0w0

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,785
    Options

Say what? Perma tier 3 is easy to get going if you have J Myers memorial with the tuft of hair. You don't even need to stalk all four survivors. Just two.

If you're running tombstone with it then its much more difficult.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,600
    Options

Hold your horses. It's not THAT difficult to get to infinite Tier 3 if you have a stalking add-on. You can easily get there before the gens are done.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    Options

Just because you cannot win, doesn't mean they cannot lose.

• zgameboy
    zgameboy Member Posts: 79
    Options

Honestly the fact the locker counters that after he has to get it for so long is very funny

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I heard somewhere that you can also counter hum by doing any action, he will grab you instead of mori

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

Even as Nurse, who is surely overpowered, you can still easily lose, especially since she can be quite hard to play.

This entire thread seems a bit pointless, if it's intention is to criticise certain aspects of the game, for example Nurse, being overpowered.

• PBsamichShoe
    PBsamichShoe Member Posts: 314
    Options

It's way easier to hit that T3 with perma T3 Myers now since gens take 90 seconds and bloodlusting, blade wipes etx are all faster. I played perma T3 Myers a few nights ago and got to the T3 with 3 gens left. It was sad.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    Options

how tf did you lose to a perma tier 3 michael lol, just slam those gens, he's gonna take way too long to get to tier 3 if you guys do gens super fast.

• Audiophile
    Audiophile Member Posts: 319
    Options

Yeah I read a few of these replies… My point remains true. Playing these OP builds and killers against solos is meaningless and proves nothing. Yet killers will deny it until their last breath since they need to believe they win because they’re good. Sorry to deflate your ego buddy. And while I will say the primary blame is awful matchmaking, it IS the killer’s fault that they choose to play the OP stuff KNOWING that the odds are that they are going to get yet another easy game and rack up more meaningless “wins”. And yeah, I would say the same about 4 man SWFs who match up against killers below their level. The win is meaningless. It wasn’t a challenge. But the frequency of the former over the latter is like 10000 times greater.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

"10000 times greater"... Hyperbole is fun too.

Not as profitable as pseudo-profundity but good for ramping up the emotion of a point in an attempt to make it seem less farcical.

There is a lot of emotion attached to this it must be taken seriously.

Lets put it all together.

"Winning without threat of loss is meaningless, I have no respect for those whom engage in meaningless winning, it happens again and again for 100's of games across 1000's of hours, have we not suffered enough at the hand of those who profit off meaningless wins. Loss is the gel that glues wins together, without it we all melt" - end scene.

I'd like to accept this Oscar on behalf of all the downtrodden gamers whom strive so hard for their fun but are continually denied by merciless winners.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Wat?

Oh, it's more sour grapes.

Nurse - yes. But she's getting nerfed in the next patch, in terms of her bugged addons.

Blight - meh. Depends on his addons. Remember - addon sustain went down hard in 6.1.0.

If you're losing to a Myers, someone on your team misplayed horribly. Perma T3 isn't even that scary - you can still loop him basically forever. TSP is scary.

• Audiophile
    Options

You should use a dictionary so you understand the actual meaning of the words you use. They sound pretty but you make no point. 1000x or 10000x… The number of meaningless, easy killer games is vastly greater than 4 man SWF games. And I hazard the number is somewhere between 1000 and 10000. You can try to deflate the point by ridiculing it but it remains true. And “pseudo-profundity”. Lol. You like that one but please, my eloquent friend, explain how the original subject is false.

• pseudechis
    edited August 2022
    Options

"The numbers are meaningless"... it was you who used the numbers to frame your point do you not understand your own point?

Re-read your own post, I quoted it, its there its right there in the last sentence. Its a great example of hyperbole I don't need to look it up to know that.

"Winning is meaningless when you can't lose" is a text book example of pseudo-profundity, a common literary weakness in written text.

These statements sell well though because they sound profound or intelligent that's why you see them on T-Shirts, little wooden kitchen signs and in guru self help books.

They make a bad topic for debate though as their context is so open they don't really say anything. Much like your discussion topic which is..

Basically you are losing games and you are angry about it, original subject explained in full.

I mean yeah I mocked your post but hey at this point, you don't need me to make you look foolish you are doing a great job on your own.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Then I'm sure you'd be able, to...you know - easily prove it?

I mean, you clearly have stats that we don't have access to, so - is BHVR a nice company to work for?

Or...are you making stuff up?

Because, in no universe is 'it's true' an argument. That, my friend, is called circular reasoning. And that's why people are poking fun at you.

Original subject - easy peasy.

Go watch some decent SWFs play, or the recent HCS. If survivors are decent, they can still absolutely pants killers.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,103
    Options

Uff, first if all the motion that some words from a random anonymous nobody, like we all are on the internet, would deflate anyone's ego aka get taken seriously or even personally is hilariously naive.

Second, according to average stats somewhere between 5-10% of survivor (they said 6% or something last time) are playing in a 4 people swf. That means even when 100% of all killer in all game would run your definition of op stuff, it would be at best 16.55 times. Maybe less exaggerating and more logical thinking before making stupid looking claims.

Also i would say that at most roughly 50% of all survivor are truly solo and the rest is a mix of 2, 3 and 4 men swf.

• Audiophile
    Options

Yeah. As suspected all fluff, no content. I think pseudo intellectual is the most appropriate use of 'pseudo' here. I'm not wasting any more time on your replies buddy. The phrase "winning is meaningless when you cant lose" is simply a succinct statement of fact. There's nothing to trash there but you wanted to talk.

And as for burt0r... I always love when people attack opinions as worthless because they come from "an anonymous nobody". Maybe when you grow up you'll learn to actually digest what you read and weigh its truth or not instead of dismissing it based on not knowing the source. You know, like science or art does. The pieces speak for themselves, regardless of who created them. By your own argument, I ignore you. lol.

All I did was state a simple fact that is relevant for many many games in DBD - OP builds/Killers versus teams of mismatched solos - and point it out. The "wins" are meaningless. It's not like symmetrical games where if you win a lot, you're probably very good at your game. In DBD, Killers get to win all the time because the games are terribly mismatched. No, sorry pal, you're not "good". You're just playing an asymmetrical game with horrible matchmaking. Needs to be said and understood.

• pseudechis
    Options

I think you mean concise and to the point but you are free to run away from this one, I wouldn't want to debate me on this either.

Its also very clear from the comment chain that you shouldn't, so good call.

Last note if you do read it or if not it doesn't matter but You haven't stated any facts, don't confuse your opinion for fact that's a very common mistake.

• Audiophile
    Options

Lol. Run away from you. You honestly believe your intellect is so sharp you inspire fear. I realize most Killers have unwarranted ego issues and arrogance but you are the prime example. I’m not engaging with you anymore for one simple fact: you’re annoying af. My point was my original post and it’s undeniable. Cya…

• pseudechis
    Options

Why do you keep engaging then?

I’m sorry your ego got bruised but you can’t post garbage and then get all pissy when someone says hey that’s garbage.