Dodging no prestige survivors….

I’m definitely not saying it’s a good or healthy thing… but if I see a free base game character with no prestige.. I dodge.

prolly should hide these things.

Comments

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Gotta dodge no prestige mainly cause you know they’ll be tunneled out by the Killer

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

So your plan is to make it harder for them to get experience and hopefully learn how to play?

• VideoGameMage
    VideoGameMage Member Posts: 358

I won't dodge but I'm tempted to because so far all no prestige base characters I've played with are painfully new. Mmr is acting wack again it seems.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Huh.

I...never thought of that.

These should probably be hidden before the match.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911

The popular strategy before the patch was to not prestige, ever.

Besides, I could have a P100 Ace and play my P0 Quentin for a daily. Prestige is not indicative of skill.

• TarunCosmo
    TarunCosmo Member Posts: 181

I thought the same thing, here we have P1 survivors and the outcome:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/341897/taking-bets

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,584

I don't get why they are shown.

You show your main, you may look too experienced.

You show one you never use, you look like a beginner.

With all the consequences that it may have.

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702

I’ve got a couple thousand hours but my Dwight has no prestige. I keep him baby Dwight cause killers tend to commit to chasing me more. Don’t judge by the prestige.. I’ve seen prestige 20+ that can’t win chases for nothing.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

I mean is there much incentive to keep prestiging a character that's not your main past a certain point? Rewards are pretty wack, and afaik addon rarity doesn't feel all that affected in the lower bloodwebs. With that said, i only have a Prestige 8 Jonah, a prestige 9 Artist, 7 Dredge, and the rest are not prestige or at 1/2. But have all Perks from previous shrines, the odd level up to 40 and hundreds of hours in the game. Prestige does not indicate skill in my eyes, Hope the community doesn't turn it into another 'Gearscore' = Skill scenario like WoW did just to be accepted into group activities / Events way back in the day.

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413

At least you admit that you're the problem in this scenario.

There was no need to prestige characters until now. So prestige only speaks to how much you've spent on a characters blood web.

• Izo_Quartz
    Izo_Quartz Member Posts: 250
    edited August 2022

I get where you're coming from, but there's a high chance that the no prestige you're dodging is actually an experienced player who's just playing a survivor that was recently bought or havn't leveled up that specific character to prestige yet

I really like having the prestige levels shown off in the lobby, so i'd be really bummed if they also got hidden because of reasons like this...

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

For real, every single time I make a mental note of the like "keep an eye out for that P16 Feng/Yui/Claudette", they turn out to be a total potato.

Just play the game, ignore Prestige.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I've seen no prestige play better than P9s.

Whats the saying? Don't judge a book by its... font?

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

While I haven't dodged personally based on prestige numbers, I have definitely noticed that games where we all had a lot tends to go very well for us. I think at the very least, 0 prestige players will not be using the best perks, and at my MMR that means tunnel time.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,745

I agree it should be hidden pretrial, but dodging is not the answer it's never the answer.

The current matchmaking gets only one fair-ish shot and that gets destroyed with the dodging. We ######### about the matchmaking quality but we're often doing it to ourselves.

• maximo99ac
    maximo99ac Member Posts: 164

most players play only one survivor, this is not the perfect way to know the skill of a teammate but is the best we have

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184

Ur missing out on a 4k hour survivor god that's just trying to level up there jake

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

Seeing a no prestige base character doesn't make me dodge as survivor or make me tunnel as killer. I've seen some extremely good survivors that were prestige 0 on their characters. I will dodge some prestige 65+ loser though

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

The best part is they tried showing Prestige and character level in the lobby before. Pretty sure it was removed because of dodging. And now it's back lmao. Learning from mistakes is hard.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

Have more faith and let the dice roll Solo queue style. Trying out new characters keeps the game fresh and should not be punished.

Don't judge a player by their prestige because even experienced players have bad games or can play selfishly.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,233

I mean there will always be exceptions. On average a team full of prestige 20s would almost certainly have a significantly higher escape rate than a team with no one in prestige. Maybe someone will run an experiment like this in the future.

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524

Nah... if you are the one dodging and trying to handpick your game, probably you are worse anyway than those survivors without prestige, you are just trying to blame them for the bad experience.

I saw so many types of survivors and killers, regardless of their prestige level. I saw even prestige 10 making the worst mistakes, so I don't really care who's at what prestige. Your attitude towards the game matters though... And it's obvious that you are not really among the best teamplayers with this attitude.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 974

Hardly any of my characters are prestige. I didn't and still don't see the point of it as a long term player. If the 'look how many times I've done 50 blood webs' flex is really what you want then fill your boots but for me it does nothing.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,320
    edited August 2022

Dodging is for chumps. Just suicide on hook in-game.

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545

I was lucky and had an OP team of friends carry me a few prestige levels on some characters when I first started out, taught me how to not use Premonition, Sprint Burst, Spine Chill, Self Care (with botany), and other notification perks when I first started... that didn't last because I still use them to this day because why not. ☺️

• Kweh
    Kweh Member Posts: 88

Bro, please, I got a rift for Claudette but I never play her. Stop dodging my lobbies please, I lagged, my monitor turned off, my headset died, i'm not bad I swear. :'(

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 684

It is only prejudice about them, because, a lot of times i played with the "no prestige people" and they were fine, and the 10,11,15 whatever prestige suicided on the hook or did nothing in the match, just trolling. This game needs solo survivor improvements right now

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Yes I enjoy the new pre-game ritual where the survivors dodge each other until you finally get 4 willing to play, at which point the matchmaking is so borked there's an 8k hour legacy Nea and a Claudette with no perks except tier 1 self-care. Truly what the game was missing.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

All it means is they never prestiged.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955
    edited August 2022

this is a toxic mindset

you are making prejudice based on nothing, lets say a player prestiged 3+ half the cast of survivors and is a massive meta slave, they decide, "hey i want to play x because i like the new cosmetic that came out for them at he shop" they have all the meta perks maxed, they are probably super high devotion but you decide "no they bad because no imaginary number" even though that player might be better than you.

reminder that the system came out less than a month ago so a lot of players didn't even bother leveling some survivors because it meant getting all their perks over again.

most of my survivors and killer sit at level 40 because prestige was a scam IMO

• Ladyinadress18
    Ladyinadress18 Member Posts: 243

All I’m saying is… I switched from ps4 to pc so it looks like I only have 90 hours in the game… but I’m gonna run you for a good little while playing frickin prestige 1 Dwight. Dodge my lobby bruh

been playing since 2018 ✌️

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I haven't prestiged any Survivor so am I that bad...

I've prestiged 5 Killers once so am I that bad

Prestige doesn't matter... all it shows is how much BP you spent on a specific Survivor/Killer

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439

I do never dodge; It'll take longer to play the game I do enjoy so much.

Although I do have only P3 on most characters, I do doubt that there've been a lot of cases when a player has dodged the lobby just because of seeing a P3 over P9 character(s). That sounds really silly.

• botany_nerd
    botany_nerd Member Posts: 123

you know i find this funny that people are complaining about survivors dodging. a few years ago a killer could dodge a lobby and that used to throw all the survivors back into the group lobby or back to your solo one and then you had to reque which meant a 8-10 minute wait for the survivors and yet killers always said it was fair because they didn't want an unfun match.

complaining about 1 survivor leaving and still being able to have another join in like what a couple seconds is just the peak of entitlement at this point.