Self-care change

Options
"You may perform the heal-self action without a medkit for up to 95% of the action's completion"

That is my proposal for a recreation of the current self-care perk. Remove the heal speed penalty, but require a survivor to find another survivor, or use a medkit, for that last little bit of healing, just like the dying state, currently.

This will still allow the perk to optimize survivor heal time while still giving killers a small window to find two survivors together or give the killer the option to put pressure on the survivor team by making it more dangerous for them to pair up together to heal, rather than the current frustration of getting four hits and survivors running off to four septate corners of the map to remove all of that effort in 30 seconds.

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,620
    Options

This would only buff SC, if you have a Med Kit with you. You can heal without any Penalty and then use your Med Kit for the last 5%. And this can be done quite often.

Self Care is fine as it is. Healing yourself is taking a good amount of time, even more with Sloppy Butcher, but it is not as useless as you do not want to play without the Perk.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

SC is fine, it's only a real pain when they run Thana and Sloppy really but thats' why medkits are so nice along with BK and Pharmacy.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    edited February 2019
    Options

@powerbats said:
    SC is fine, it's only a real pain when they run Thana and Sloppy really but thats' why medkits are so nice along with BK and Pharmacy.

It's so boring to heal now, when the killers are running a sloppy every game. 40 seconds....Nah thanks. In this time I could make a half of gen. Which is also boring lol

Post edited by Ihatelife on
  • SIlentCetra
    SIlentCetra Member Posts: 187
    Options
    Ihatelife said:

@powerbats said:

It's so boring to heal now, when the killers is running a sloppy every game. 40 seconds....Nah thanks. In this time I could make a half of gen. Which is also boring lol

If you are finding everything in the game boring, maybe you need to find a different game to play .
  • Ihatelife
    Options

@SIlentCetra said:
    Ihatelife said:

@powerbats said:

It's so boring to heal now, when the killers is running a sloppy every game. 40 seconds....Nah thanks. In this time I could make a half of gen. Which is also boring lol

If you are finding everything in the game boring, maybe you need to find a different game to play .

Oh I play in the different games, but the game stays the same for almost 3 whole years. New game modes could help this game.

• Ihatelife
    Options

@SIlentCetra said:
    Ihatelife said:

@powerbats said:

And I didn't say everything in this game is boring. Chases at least are still fun.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

@Ihatelife said:

@powerbats said:

Use Botany?
    Ooooooor get to a teammate with Bond

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    Options
    I think self care should've been built into the survivor already, but can only use it three times. 
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    Options
    I think self care should've been built into the survivor already.
    Even the Devs believe it. Not having it forced them to create the whole mending mechanic.

The unfair interaction between sc and the old bt was already awkward, but having such an unfair interaction between sc and a killer would just have been unfair.

• Judicar
    Judicar Member Posts: 36
    Options

That would be ######### stupid and completely unnecessary.

"We'll let you heal but not all the way."

Think before you come up with ideas, please.

• Ihatelife
    Options

@Milo said:

@Ihatelife said:

@powerbats said:

Use Botany?

Botany? 2 perks to counter a one specific perk and waste still a 32 seconds? Not worth it.
    Bond? Nah, I don't wanna be trolled by my mates to be healed up to 99% and than get screwed by them. Sorry but it's now hard to trust your mates.

• Milo
    edited February 2019
    Options

@Ihatelife said:

@Milo said:

@Ihatelife said:

@powerbats said:

Use Botany?

Botany? 2 perks to counter a one specific perk and waste still a 32 seconds? Not worth it.
    Bond? Nah, I don't wanna be trolled by my mates to be healed up to 99% and than get screwed by them. Sorry but it's now hard to trust your mates.

You use 2 perks to heal yourself faster. It's somewhat 21 seconds to heal yourself without being afffected by Mangled. And 26 seconds if affected by Mangled. I wouldn't say it's not worth it.
    EDIT: Oh and also you heal your mates faster. It's like 12 seconds. Ain't bad
    And wow seriously? Did you get trolled like that before? I use Bond in almost every game (if i play Quentin and not Kate) and people do heal me 100%. Why don't you trust your teammates?

• Ihatelife
    Options

@Milo said:

@Ihatelife said:

@Milo said:

@Ihatelife said:

@powerbats said:

Use Botany?

You use 2 perks to heal yourself faster. It's somewhat 21 seconds to heal yourself without being afffected by Mangled. And 26 seconds if affected by Mangled. I wouldn't say it's not worth it.
    And wow seriously? Did you get trolled like that before? I use Bond in almost every game (if i play Quentin and not Kate) and people do heal me 100%. Why don't you trust your teammates?

I got trolled and sandbagged multiple times like that. They healed to me 99% percent and than they leaved me alone. That's why I don't trust my mates. With the mangled it feels like this is a normal time with the self care.

• Milo
    Options

@Ihatelife said:

@Milo said:

@Ihatelife said:

@Milo said:

@Ihatelife said:

@powerbats said:

Use Botany?

I got trolled and sandbagged multiple times like that. They healed to me 99% percent and than they leaved me alone. That's why I don't trust my mates. With the mangled it feels like this is a normal time with the self care.

Sorry to hear that :cry:

• Ihatelife
    Options

@Milo said:

@Ihatelife said:

@Milo said:

@Ihatelife said:

@Milo said:

@Ihatelife said:

@powerbats said:

Use Botany?

Sorry to hear that :cry:

Yeah...That's how it looks when you play solo. It just feels like every mate in your game is the killer.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    edited February 2019
    Options
    To play devil's advocate (again), why would you opt to use this perk? If you need another survivor to finish you off, even if you do heal at full speed, what benefit do you get from almost healing yourself?

I feel like you would actually be hurting yourself by taking this perk. You would spend ~15 seconds healing yourself and then run the risk of getting spotted and downed before someone can finish the heal, making all that time spent healing wasted. You would still need to go find someone and spend the same total time healing anyway.

Ultimately in this scenario, everyone would be better off dropping self care entirely and switching to botany knowledge. It would save much more time in the end.
    Post edited by Peanits on
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    edited February 2019
    Options

@Peanits said:
    To play devil's advocate (again), why would you opt to use this perk? If you need another survivor to finish you off, even if you do heal at full speed, what benefit do you get from almost healing yourself?

I feel like you would actually be hiring yourself by taking this perk. You would spend ~15 seconds healing yourself and then run the risk of getting spotted and downed before someone can finish the heal, making all that time spent healing wasted. You would still need to go find someone and spend the same total time healing anyway.

Ultimately in this scenario, everyone would be better off dropping self care entirely and switching to botany knowledge. It would save much more time in the end.

You are correct. The only things Self-Care is good at is eliminating the (uncertain) time you need to relocate yourself to teammates, which can add up to multiple minutes in certain scenario's or be impossible.

The only time this perk would be used is in the unintended scenario's where you use a med-kit to finish off the last 5%

rather than the current frustration of getting four hits and survivors running off to four septate corners of the map to remove all of that effort in 30 seconds.

Weird that people feel like they should automatically win the trade if they fail to finish the chase. Hitting someone is the gate-way to downing someone.
    People that want healing to be so punishing derail the entire purpose of escaping a chase after being injured in the first place.
    It's a bad idea.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

While you can get trolled by Bond users the same is true for Aftercare users and both have happened to me and it's usually when it's a Freddy. Most people though use the perks for their intended purpose and help you out both solo and swf.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    Options
    Ihatelife said:

@powerbats said:

He’s not wrong though... self care is fine as it is. 40 seconds is a LONG time, especially when injured, and they can be downed. Self care is great at where it is now.