Do you guys think robot Chucky would be cool?

Options

Ignoring the whole height debate. Let's pretend that bhvr has a solution for a doll height killer and could get the rights somehow.

Wouldn't a day 1 movie tie in chapter for a high profile reboot like childs play be great for DbD? I'm really surprised something like this didn't happen with Halloween last year.

The movie releases in June which is when the next chapter would be coming if they continue the same roadmap past March.

This would also be during the 3rd year celebrations/servers would be weeks/couple of months away.

If all of this stuff happened at once DbD would enter it's prime and be at it's peak for hype.

This would also be the first licensed killer in a year and a half at that point if the one next month isn't licensed.

Comments

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited February 2019
    Options

@WaffleThot said:
    bUt HoW wOuId He cArRy DaH sUrViVoRs?

Have a hook dropping to killer animation that then raises the survivors up. A lifting Hook controlled by the entity.

Small killers drag by neck/clothing collar area not carry. Opens up new animations/rig for new original small killers as well.

EZ FIX

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Options
    Delfador said:

Yes

Our comments just eliminated themselves good sir....
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

I wouldn't mind it. As long as Gremlins become a possibility for a new killer

• BBQnDemogorgon
    Options

@WaffleThot said:
    Actually opinions, no.

I'd like any short killer tbh.

Right now in the character stats we only have "average" and "tall"

A 3rd short class needs to happen one day. :(

• chemical_reject
    Options
    I could get behind it if the new survivor gets a perk call "yeet" which let's u kick that ######### across the map. 
  • BBQnDemogorgon
    edited February 2019
    Options

@chemical_reject said:
    I could get behind it if the new survivor gets a perk call "yeet" which let's u kick that [BAD WORD] across the map. 

He'd grab onto your leg and hold on for dear life my friend. Old chucky would bite your leg. Idk about the robot.

• chemical_reject
    Options

@chemical_reject said:
    I could get behind it if the new survivor gets a perk call "yeet" which let's u kick that [BAD WORD] across the map. 

He'd grab onto your leg and hold on for dear life my friend. Old chucky would bite your leg. Idk about the robot.

That's why I'd do it from behind.....
    No pun intended. 
  • BBQnDemogorgon
    Options

@chemical_reject said:
    Bbbrian2013 said:

@chemical_reject said:

That's why I'd do it from behind.....
    No pun intended. 

So it's confirmed.

Aubrey Plaza/Karen Barclay will be the next survivor with a perk that lets you yeet Chucky across the map.

GOTY

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

It could potentially generate a LOT of money and new players to the game. Also I love your hook idea, he could flip a switch and the hook could fall down before raising the Survivor up.

Anyway what would his power even be? In my opinion he looks like he would be a rush Killer like Legion who rushes forward, screaming and swinging his blade wildly. Also since he's short he would have to crawl under pallets. But then he's exactly like Legion, I'm not trying to turn him into Legion but from the movies that's basically all he does.

I haven't seen the new film so I don't know if he can transfer his AI from one doll to another but maybe there could multiple Chucky dolls around the map and you can switch between them? Add-ons could be alerts when someone goes near one, these would be great at leaving them by Gens or windows etc.Omg LOL NOED Chucky with a doll at both Exits XD

• BBQnDemogorgon
    Options

@HatCreature said:
    It could potentially generate a LOT of money and new players to the game. Also I love your hook idea, he could flip a switch and the hook could fall down before raising the Survivor up.

Anyway what would his power even be? In my opinion he looks like he would be a rush Killer like Legion who rushes forward, screaming and swinging his blade wildly. Also since he's short he would have to crawl under pallets. But then he's exactly like Legion, I'm not trying to turn him into Legion but from the movies that's basically all he does.

I haven't seen the new film so I don't know if he can transfer his AI from one doll to another but maybe there could multiple Chucky dolls around the map and you can switch between them? Add-ons could be alerts when someone goes near one, these would be great at leaving them by Gens or windows etc.Omg LOL NOED Chucky with a doll at both Exits XD

The only thing we've seen him do in the trailers is stand still and scan Andy with a red facial recognition scanner thing. :)

I'm imagining him like Legion as well.

Can't destroy pallets so quickly slides under/slowly climbs windows. Is small but fastest base speed killer yet like 4.8.

Bad vision due to height...

But takes 3/4 M1s to down because he's small and weak?

He could have a stealth power...Throw dolls around the map and give him a play as doll button? Let him hide in lockers with dolls in every locker by default?

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Options
    No but Robot Chicken would be cool.

Now that i think of it, there was this episode with Bubba, Myers, Ghostface and Freddy in the Big Brother house... 
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,463
    Options

He's at the top of my (my, personally, not speaking on behalf of the company) licensed killer wishlist, that's for sure. There's so much you can do with a killer so short that he could hide in some grass without you noticing. Although I'm sure he would be a nightmare to work into the game because of how tiny he is.

@WaffleThot said:

He could tie them up and drag them around. Instead of wiggling on his shoulder you would struggle to untie the rope. Hooking could work the same way, with him hoisting you up with the rope. A total nightmare to animate and all that, I'm sure, but it could be possible.

• HatCreature
    Options

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@HatCreature said:

The only thing we've seen him do in the trailers is stand still and scan Andy with a red facial recognition scanner thing. :)

I'm imagining him like Legion as well.

Can't destroy pallets so quickly slides under/slowly climbs windows. Is small but fastest base speed killer yet like 4.8.

Bad vision due to height...

But takes 3/4 M1s to down because he's small and weak?

He could have a stealth power...Throw dolls around the map and give him a play as doll button? Let him hide in lockers with dolls in every locker by default?

I think him being so short is all he needs to be a stealth Killer, it would be like Pig creeping up on you except with a terror radius which is pretty creepy because you know the Killer is nearby but don't see anyone. Having a normal 2 hits is ok because he's slashing the Survivors legs which would cause anyone to fall down. I'm certain he would have an Obsession perk.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@Peanits said:
    He's at the top of my (my, personally, not speaking on behalf of the company) licensed killer wishlist, that's for sure. There's so much you can do with a killer so short that he could hide in some grass without you noticing. Although I'm sure he would be a nightmare to work into the game because of how tiny he is.

@WaffleThot said:

He could tie them up and drag them around. Instead of wiggling on his shoulder you would struggle to untie the rope. Hooking could work the same way, with him hoisting you up with the rope. A total nightmare to animate and all that, I'm sure, but it could be possible.

I always say it, Where There's A Will, There's A Way

He is at the top of my licensed killer wishlist too, he or jason should be the next licensed killers if we are going to get any.

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    Options
    That b!tch be 50 yard cvnt punted across the map. 
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I would rather the original voodoo doll version of Chucky. I'll probably go see the new movie and enjoy it, but something about him being potentially a robot gone crazy and not a serial killer's soul in a doll is disappointing to me.

If they went with old school Chucky then the height thing could be addressed by having a shadowy/ghost version of the real Charles Lee Ray appear around the doll when doing certain things, like carrying a survivor. That would solve the height issues and be cool to see in game.

• HatCreature
    Options

@thesuicidefox said:
    I would rather the original voodoo doll version of Chucky. I'll probably go see the new movie and enjoy it, but something about him being potentially a robot gone crazy and not a serial killer's soul in a doll is disappointing to me.

If they went with old school Chucky then the height thing could be addressed by having a shadowy/ghost version of the real Charles Lee Ray appear around the doll when doing certain things, like carrying a survivor. That would solve the height issues and be cool to see in game.

Holy ######### that would be badass, just suddenly see the spirit of Charles appear and hoist the Survivor on his shoulder then hook them, transform into Charles for vaulting and grabbing etc, damn that would be dope!

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,009
    Options

@Peanits said:

@WaffleThot said:

Now I want a chucky killer, but a few things I want to know, what would his ability be, and it would require cornfield maps to be nerfed down

• IceD34ler
    IceD34ler Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Do you guys remember the Jockey from left 4 dead? Chucky could jump on the survivor‘s shoulders and stab the **** out of them. You have to wiggle long enough to get rid of him otherwise he will stab you into the dying state. XD
    so he basically pounces with M2
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,815
    Options

Robot or not, you're still going to have this same issue;

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options
    I would prefer original chucky, robot chucky seems kinda meh, too little info about him atm is he possessed still? Is he a robot malfunction? I dunno the original creator is agaisnt the movie so it seem it may go against some of the normal idea.

There is alot you can do with his original form of a possessed doll, you could possess survivors for so many seconds and make them blow up gens, drop pallets when you want etc he could also change between solo and human form as a possibility.

It would be amazing if he could take control of one of the survivors for a short period of time but that gets negated with SWF in comms so its not worth it, if only though......
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options
    Would buy this guy day one. Don't see a problem with the whole height thing, he is same height as crouch pig and I am sure Dev's could produce a custom hook animation that would look good and fit his character. He drags people in the movies so that's already covered.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

@HatCreature said:

@thesuicidefox said:

Holy ######### that would be badass, just suddenly see the spirit of Charles appear and hoist the Survivor on his shoulder then hook them, transform into Charles for vaulting and grabbing etc, damn that would be dope!

He wouldn't transform, just the ghost of the killer appears around the doll and mimes his motions.