Sadako is the weakest killer in the game

Options
Chocolate_Cosmos
Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,420
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

- Bad stealth, that has lullaby and only really works if Survivor is not paying attention.

- Extremely long teleport cooldowns, both on killer teleporting and Survivor turning off TV.

- Condement is a joke and you can ignore whole game without problem 95% of the time.

- Her only "anti-loop" is mind game Invisibility around the loop which only really works if the Survivor doesn't pay attention. She is mostly M1 killer in a chase.

- No strong addons.

- Too many audio ques for Survivors to know about the killer.

- Removing tape / Turning off TVs is super fast and easy.

- TV spawns next to gens are sometimes bad (too far or below a floor level of a gen, next to a different room).

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

With certain add ons and playstyle condemnation can be pretty brutal. Otherwise though trapper is still weaker especially VS good teams

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Trapper is the worst Killer.

The only competition Trapper ever had was pre-buff Wraith

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505
    Options

shes among the weakest, but myers and trapper are probably weaker (they waste time for little value, sadako doesnt have any real time sink, but her power kinda does nothing).

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524
    edited August 2022
    Options

I think Sadako is still quite strong and I totally enjoy playing with her. Reassons:

-the teleports are actually good, I like them even better than that on the dredge, I keep getting lost with so many lockers

-she is very small, because of her height she's hard to spot many times and survivors keep losing track of her movement when she's in a chase.

-her low terror radius is quite helpful also, which can be reduced more with perks

-she has a normal speed, I never had problems in chases.

-her manifestation is quite good, she's not getting too slowed down like Wraith for example

As long as I keep my eyes open I very rarely lose with Sadako. She's small and people underestimate even her lounge distance, everything about her is nice in my opinion, even if her addons aren't that great.

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575
    edited August 2022
    Options

She has strong addons. Well, one at least and a few decent ones.

Myers? What? Assuming you're talking about normal Myers (there's like 5 different Myers in case you didn't know) he still is well above the likes of Sadako and Ghostface.

• Silasy
    Silasy Member Posts: 228
    edited August 2022
    Options

She is pretty bad but there are still worse killers than her. I think she is 3rd or 4th worst killer in the game along with the Trapper, Myers and Freddy.

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505
    Options

with tombstone piece myers is ok...

ghostface is better bc he has stealth, and he can 99 individuals (having an entire team 99d, to be exposed when in chase, rather than 99ing a quad expose, and activating it to get value against 1 survivor and having it mostly wasted

and sadako can actually traverse the map. like its once every 100 seconds but thats still faster than myers can, and she cant be trapped as a 4.2 for half the game by survivors using their brains

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566
    Options

I'm not going to lie, Sadako players can be quite aggressive with their playstyle at times, and I'd like to believe that if Sadako receives passive condemnation, it will be used to tunnel and mori everyone out of the match. But that's the fun part. You get to play against someone who actually poses a threat rather than just being a budget wraith with teleportation powers.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

She's the second weakest. Trapper still exists.

Myers is stronger than Sadako by a mile. VM+Monitor gives him far more effective stealth, and TSP is one of the most ridiculous addons in the entire game.

He's still not a strong killer, but he does at least have options.

Sadako...so little of her kit has synergy with other parts, and other aspects (like her size) has just as many areas where it hurts her as helps her.

Freddy and Myers are stronger.

Freddy is just boring.

The issue with her kit is that insta-mori is just a...bad, silly design decision. It's impossible to balance - if it's present enough to be a threat, it's brokenly OP. Otherwise it's barely an issue.

I've suggested before that it should work a bit like Wesker - it gains more rapidly, and when it gets to maximum stacks she can see the survivors aura for a few seconds, and can instadown them - with a mori on the final hook.

She...doesn't though.

The traversal one is nice, but a savvy survivor group can shut it down easily.

The 'start with tapes' one seems strong on paper, but it falls off so fast.

Her best addon is still her mandatory brown, that should be basekit.

• Silasy
    Silasy Member Posts: 228
    edited August 2022
    Options

Fair. After all she is one of the worst killers in the game.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

I disagree, Myers is WAY better and Trapper is slightly better... When played properly, which also involves RNG.

So, like, yeah, maybe he is worse because he has a higher skill gap. But realistically if I was trapped in the shadow realm and I was forced to play "the worst killer" and 4k to save my soul, I would definitely love it if the Saturday cartoon villain thought Trapper was the worst killer in the game. That is all I am saying.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

Funny way to say "Trapper".

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,807
    Options

Hard disagree. She's not great, but for me, I'd still rank her above Trapper, Freddy, Clown, Myers, and Legion.

That's subjective because I think I am pretty good with her, but objectively I think she is better than Trapper and Freddy (or the corpse of Freddy, to be more accurate) for sure. Against good survs, you will have work for it, though.

I get consistent kills with her more easily than with the other killers I mentioned. When I play her, I don't even really factor in condemnation unless someone stupidly lets it happen. It's too weak to plan around at all. I run Well Water + Bloody Fingernails or Newspaper + Well Water almost every time, and play the stealth/hit and run game, and like sloppy butcher a lot on her.

Or Iri videotape + well water, but you can only do that so often.

I think she's a few tweaks from B tier, honestly.

And as for the Myers discussion, I'm just considering basekit Myers, he can be alike three different killers, and I consider tombstone piece Myers to be kind of a different thing altogether.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

Sadako is a lot stronger than people give her credit for. She's definitely better than Trapper.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Ringo would be better if she were less addon reliant.

Like, why does the bloody nails even exist in the first place? A Wraith lunge on TP only serves to encourage her to be aggressive with her teleports. And speaking of teleports, why is Video Tape an addon?

People say things like Oh, her condemn sucks andthat's because she struggles to play around her own power with the base kit. I say we look at addons before we touch her kit because Sadako has all the tools she needs to thrive and succeed.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

She is the weakest Killer... for all of the points that have been said

But there are other Killers that need to be looked at as well (either strong or weak)

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,548
    Options

She’s pretty bad, and while I’m seeing a lot of comments that Trapper is worse, which of them is the worst killer does not really matter. They are both D tier and need changes.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Also people bring up the 100 seconds but it’s 100 seconds per specific location which isn’t nearly as limiting because typically you will teleport somewhere, get into a chase, the chase ends one way or another, and then maybe you teleport somewhere else. It’s not that common to want to teleport back to the same exact television repeatedly within a minute and half.

Basically Sadako’s teleport alone and decent stealth makes her not the worst killer in the game. I put her at 2/5 stars with Wraith. Her chases aren’t great, but with good map sense and macro play her teleport and stealth make up the difference.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,907
    Options

She is definitely one of the least powerful, but as with any killer if you put the time in on her then she can be devastating.

I'm currently maining her, and utilising confusion is the way that works best for me. Unpredictable teleports, not chasing directly, but taking circular approaches and especially manifesting/demanifesting a lot to confuse makes her fun. She also has one of the best abilities to take on body-blockers by walking through them.

Maybe it's because I enjoy her more, but my results have been better than when I played The Artist or The Executioner, which I considered 2 of my better killers. So it does depend, but yes she is certainly a lower tier.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,256
    Options

Someone was trying to say yesterday on these forums that Wesker is as bad as Sadako and I just cant even

• Tsela
    Options

Yeah I believe Sadako is awfully underestimated. She's way better than people give her credit for. Probably some people follow some streamers and youtubers and take their fancy tier lists as granted.

• RedPlll
    RedPlll Member Posts: 36
    Options
  • Skycerer
    Skycerer Member Posts: 183
    Options

If sadako is quite strong, then how are PH, Pinhead, Huntress or another A-B-C killer man?

• Tsela
    Options

Well I don't really follow those made up tier lists by some youtubers or streamers. I go by my personal experiences in the game.

When it comes to killers I usually take a few things into account. 1. how fast I can end a chase with it. 2. how fast I can disengage a chase with it (this is something Sadako does great because if a chase drags, or they try to bait me, she can switch very fast with her teleport to the other side of the map) 3. how much control I have over the map with the killer.

PH for me is quite good also, I enjoy his time saving cages, when I don't have to carry survivors to a hook, but switching targets over the map isn't as fast. Huntress is cool, but not my thing. Hag for me is realy strong (I even prestiged her to 10). Spirit is brutal. I like wraith, he has some mean addons, just he gets boring to play after some rounds, I realy suck with Nurse, probably I played 3 times as nurse, I don't play Artist, so I have no opinion about her. Hell I even do pretty well with Trapper also.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

Myers? The guy with no audio cues with insta down and insta kill options? He's worse than Sadako? Bruh.

• Wesu
    Wesu Member Posts: 57
    Options

With addons Myers is no where near the bottom... But on most maps yea Trapper is down there.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,774
    edited August 2022
    Options

In no reality is Mikey weaker than Sadoko. He's not even bottom five in my opinion.

The only thing Sadoko has going for her is map mobility and even that can be easily countered by simply removing the tapes. Her condemned takes forever to kick in and you have plenty of time to get rid of the tape.

Even if by some miracle she gets someone condemned she still has to chase them down. They're not even one shot when they are condemned. She's got to get them down with two hits.

Mikey has insta down ability, increased vaulting speed, biggest lunge in the game, and not even taking into account add ons and perks that synergize very well with his power for a plethora of different effective builds and play styles.

Yes he needs some buffs but compared to Sadoko he's sitting pretty. Sadoko and her power doesn't come close to what Mikey can offer.