Why was Corrupt nerfed like "that"!?

Edilibs
Edilibs Member Posts: 699

Were survivors complaining about Corrupt that much that they had to nerf it to the ground!?

Just found out about it yesterday and i was quite shocked and immediately thought "baby survivors"!

Old Corrupt had counterplay, it was called wait out the killers Corrupt so you wont get 3 gen'ed. It was a staple perk for for killer because we had time to set up (Hag, Trapper and for slow killers like Pig) or to look for survivors now it disables once someone is hooked? Smh crazy!

Did they do this because of Lethal Pursuer, complaining survivors (as usual) or both?

Comments

• The_C12H15NO2
    The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 335

My guess is b/c old corrupt was being used in the majority of games. The devs have said in the past when they nerf a perk it's partially b/c it's used too often.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    edited August 2022

It didn’t get nerfed on the killers it was needed for and still gives more safety on your first down. Basically a perfect change imo

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Because it was meta. literally the only reason. BHVR wanted to shake up the meta.

Thing is, it's basically the same perk on set-up/basic M1 killers. It's only really weaker on killer's who can secure a down quickly, like Blight and Nurse.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,212

High MMR nerf. Old Corrupt put survivors in a lose-lose scenario. First chase could go to un-corrupted gens, in which case gens couldn't progress. Or the first chase could go to corrupted gens, in which case they could get hooked and camped within a corrupted 3 gen.

• Edilibs
    edited August 2022

Perk diversity? Ok im down with that and i understand. I take my baby survivor comment back then.

No ones "throwing a tantrum" guy"....Whats your problem?

Relax!

Indeed it was being used as a meta staple perk in high level! Load into a game and in my head the majority of the time i would go

Corrupt!!!!!!!!! lol

No it got nerfed period and severely might i add but i know why now so its okay!

You cant compare old Corrupt to new, theres no comparison! It got nerf hammered end of story!

I used to run Corrupt/Undying/Ruin which now is now significantly weaker but not totally unusable so i'll keep using it unless i start losing then im either gonna take out Corrupt or take out Undying/Ruin for Scourge Hooks/Pop!

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

You do know that ruin got nerfed 100,000% harder than corrupt right

• Edilibs

I don't care about Ruin getting nerfed that was to be expected im talking about an overall nerf to that near complete build i mentioned. I don't consider Ruin alone at all and would never use Ruin alone so yes Undying/Ruin got nerfed but its in no way bad. Is Ruin bad yes but Undying/Ruin isn't.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Corrupt is still good on the Killers that need it

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734

I would argue that Ruin got nerfed way harder than Corrupt. Corrupt still works great on killers that need it, Ruin on the other hand is debatable compared to what it used to be. It still has the benefit of regressing the generator without having you have to kick it, but it can be powered through much easier than before. I literally only cleanse it for the points if I find it when I'm running around the map, I used to look for it first thing in the match.

I would suggest reading the patch notes from the rework so you can familiarize yourself with the changes if you haven't already. Corrupt definitely got hit hard as a universally used by all killers perk, but it definitely wasn't the worst one out of the bunch.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,412

The devs did a "meta shake-up", where they targeted and reworked the most commonly used perks. It wasn't because of any complaints, they just wanted killers to start using other perks rather than the same old ones in order to see some variety. Survivors had their own shake-up of perks too

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

If Ruin is bad than Ruin/undying is really bad because your using a 2nd perk slot to protect a bad perk that goes away anyways when you get your first kill.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Corrupt got the same treatment that Self Care did. Unnecessarily nerfed for no reason and making the perk way worse.

Corrupt was fine as it was, it was a decent slowdown perk. But now it's kind of situational and "meh". Didn't need the change.

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 643

In my opinion, the perk didn't even change.

Its main goal is to force survivors away from the gens they spawned next to, so you don't immediately start losing gens while you're still looking for a chase. By the time you get your first down, they'll already be working on other gens anyway. When you get a down, nobody is going to get up from their gen to go do a now unblocked gen instead, they will finish the gen they were working on first. By the time that's done and they go looking for another gen to work on, your two minutes of corrupt would have been up anyway.

So basically, by the time you get your first down, the perk has already served its purpose.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

It was a nerd thatdidnt actually change what the perk did. It was the best nerf BHVR has done in a while

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 979

Personally I would have rather seen a nerf of regression perk stacking than this. I've played against killers who have had a combined total of about 375% regression. One was a nurse who literally made it impossible to do two gens on the opposite side of the Chapel map. I understand killers need pressure but that's too much. We are getting gens regressing from 60% to legit next to nothing far too quickly. Corrupt was fine.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,884

If it goes down early, you didn't need it, it stays up if you did. I fail to see any problem here, much less that it was "nerfed to the ground".

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Self care got nerfed to bring CoH in line instead of altering CoH anymore because if they reduced it anymore it would be a useless perk. So Self-care got the nerf

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524

Where are these patch notes? I can't find them anywhere

• Edilibs
    edited August 2022

I don't care, at least its staying up longer which is the point! I've won many games with the new nerfed Undying/Ruin because my other two perks are gen defense perks most of the time and thus i get good overall value ever game so no Undying/Ruin "isn't" bad!

Post edited by Edilibs on
  • Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Nine of the best killer perks were nerfed to uselessness.

Four of the best survivor perks were nerfed to uselessness.

The single most-used survivor perk was reworked to be slightly worse. It is still very good.

The second most-used survivor perk was buffed through the roof.

You don't have to ask "why was X killer perk nerfed."

The answer is always the same: for every 1 killer complaint, there are 4 survivor complaints. Volume always wins.

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338

Latest patch, Devs reworked/nerfed/buffed most of the meta on both sides (Survivor a bit more) regardless of their strength. They wanted to shake the meta a bit.

• Edilibs
    edited August 2022
  • Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

As a blight main this was the best change they could have made to corrupt. It was way too good on characters that get early pressure as stated above whereas a lot of killers need it to even play the game and they still get full value.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Wdym, it's still really ducking good?

It's the exact same on killers who needed it and slightly weaker on killers that didn't need it as much. Besides, you don't really need it anymore when you get down, because survivors will be on other gens or look for other gens to do.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Corrupt is trash. I laugh, whenever i see blocked gens at the start. The devs basically nerfed all meta slowdown perks hard in exchange for 10 seconds of additional gen time + buffed survivor perks that increase gen repair + new perks that increase gen repair.

So in the end, gens go faster then before. *shrug*

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

That's not why Self-Care was nerfed, it was nerfed because it's been one of the most commonly run survivor perks since the game's launch and the entire point of the update was to shake up those commonly run perks on both sides.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Yea that's what they say but tbh I wouldn't be surprised if it was secretly about CoH too lmao

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

Old Corrupt could cause a huge snowball effect.

The point of the perk was to buy you time to get a down. You still do that now. You just can't get two, or three, or four....

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Lol one down its not good pressure we all have seen games where u get 10 secs chases and gens fly anyway