Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What's your favourite sound design details ?

HugTheHag
HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Title.

I really like the Twins' sound design, hearing the pots and trinkets clinking with every steps Charlotte takes. It fits the character well and wordlessly sets the mood of the killer. You're hiding next to her as she walks by and you wonder if she'll add your toolbox to her hoard of stuff.

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Deathslinger’s sound design is done perfectly. The rickety sound of his chain and his laugh/stun noise are great

• psionic
    psionic Member Posts: 670

I once watched a video where Trickster laughs at a survivor trying to blind him with Lightborn. That was everything for me lol

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I love Artist's caws

• Balsadar22
    Balsadar22 Member Posts: 17

The Plagues voice lines and ambient sound design! Aesthetically perfect character!

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,225

Ghostface whooshing noises

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,434

Trapper, particularly when he sets his traps. It's like ASMR

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    • The sirens on Midwich. Also the weird moaning from the stalls or lockers on that map.
    • Huntress screaming bloody murder when she’s pallet stunned
    • The voices on Whispers
    • ”STARZZZ….” When Nemesis pulls a STARS member out of a locker or moris them.
  • NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Trickster's insane laughs and giggles while he chases a survivor. I wish more killers showed personality like that.

Which is also why Wesker has some of my favorite sound design too. The fact that he just ######### BM's survivors whenever he downs them is hilarious.

Wraith's elephant stun noise, Huntress throwing her tantrums.

Sadako's sound design is great.

Honestly, the sound design in this game is pretty great. If only they could properly balance it.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Not quite the same, but I swear sometimes when you rush as Blight you hear Meg screaming.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,639

The new sound effect they added for Distortion. It's very nice.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Artist sounds are really up there.

• puncher
    puncher Member Posts: 118

The sounds the survivors AoT outfits make

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

I like dredge. The ambient sounds and screams give him a real horror feel

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

Huntress lullaby and hatchet hit, all Spirit voice sounds, all Artist voice sounds, Pig pallet stun, Plague voice sounds, it could go on and on.

• prion11
    prion11 Member Posts: 361

any sound made by sadako

• Blazelski
    Blazelski Member Posts: 351

When Charlotte releases Victor is one of the most satisfying sounds in the game.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,220

Someone already mentioned Deathslinger's sounds (which I love). The noise that plays when Nemesis contaminates a survivor is SO satisfying.

Also I LOVE perks with unique sound cues. Distortion, Alert, Fast Track, Territorial Imperative, Beast of Prey. More perks with unique sound cues pls.

• Jarky
    Jarky Member Posts: 599

Dredge is up there as having some of the best just in general - the 'many voices' in one feeling about Dredge is really cool.

Sadako and her orchestra that follow her around are great, too.

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734

I like the caws of Artist. Sometimes when I'm waiting for the survivors to die, I just vault a window back and forth to listen to them. Or when I'm messing around I'll just run off a hill and run back up it to listen to her caw as she floats down.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Artist's noises and her chase music. Her noises perfectly portray a bird and her chase music has the solemn/tragic feel, which perfectly fits her character.

Also the clinking noises for the AOT skins. It's kind of satisfying running around and hearing the clinking sounds.