BHVR actually listened to campers and nerfed Reassurance?

2»

Comments

• Edilibs
    Edilibs Member Posts: 699
    edited August 2022

Not one person can or has told me, after i asked what Resassurance does and what was nerfed about it smh.

A whole two pages and i have no idea what people are talking about...oh well.

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,373

Well one of the bannable offences in this game is holding the game hostage via making no way the game end

if 2 people ran that perk they could keep 1 person alive forever with no way to die unless the killer decides to kill the 2 with reassurance

• Hawk81584
    Hawk81584 Member Posts: 405

do you need evidence? like how killer ques are as bad as ever? do you think thats a coincidence? Lets not be naive here, they are pushing people away with these horrible ideas they implemented with the dh destroy patch.

• BoredDBDAccount
    BoredDBDAccount Member Posts: 11

This is the current: https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Reassurance (I don't mean to be rude, but seeing what it currently does is a search away). Now, as for the what changed about it, it used to have a 40? second cooldown instead of being once per each hook in the PTB. So, a 2-3 man SWF could theoretically just keep trading perk activations on that hooked solo survivor to keep them hostage indefinitely, even if the killer isn't actually camping just so they can grief the solo survivor.

Did people actually do this? I have no idea, but I have no doubt that it would happen on live occasionally since there are some people playing the game that definitely would do it and it would probably have to be addressed in the future anyways once that makes the rounds on reddit/forums/twitter.

• Hawk81584
    Hawk81584 Member Posts: 405

so strong that a face camping bubba. can still be a face camping bubba....but thats ok.....because in killers eyes...its strategy. its become clearly evident they listen to all these killer complaints, fix those problems. but dont really do much about face camping....bt lasting that extra 5 seconds wont do anything to help against that

• Edilibs
    Edilibs Member Posts: 699

Yeah but i still needed to know what it did initially and thanks!

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

With this perk, a survivor has up to 5 minutes on the hook. That should be more than enough time to finish all gens and attempt a rescue during the endgame.

• cyniChris
    cyniChris Member Posts: 207
  • neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

I'm pretty sure it was nerfed because survivors held a single survivor hostage by constantly applying reassurance, but yeah this wasn't the right change.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,676

With 4 survivors running this perk, the three not being face camped could give the survivor additional time on hook if they can get all close enough to sniff the hook without being downed themselves. Every activation takes survivors' time away from gens because of travel time, and the strategy doesn't work at all if they are being camped in the basement. In main building basements, you have to go to the bottom of the stairs to be close enough, and, while you can technically activate it from above the hook if basement is in shack, the killer can also just camp the shack upstairs and deny the spot of ground at maximum range directly above the hook that would allow the perk to work. It also won't work if the hook is in a dead zone, where a killer can easily proxy camp the hook and prevent anyone from getting within activation range.

Maybe, before the single activation nerf, one survivor could have invested the time to delay the hook to make this work. Because the other two could just focus on generators without interruption. But now that "maximum hook time" requires all three others to leave gens to pull off, it's a losing strategy for the survivor team every time.

I'm never sure why the assumption in these scenarios is that a killer who is hard camping a hook has absolutely no awareness of or interest in the other three. Every killer I've ever seen is perfectly happy to proxy camp a bit if it means camping a hook and a slug at the same time for extra free pressure. And proxy camping is way, way more common in my experience than hard face camping.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371
    edited August 2022

You only have to activate it in the range, you can freely leave once you do so. Also since it's a once per a hook instance, survivors don't need to chain reassurance every 30 seconds. There's more than enough time during the entire hook state for each survivor to get close to the hook, activate reassurance and leave.

A facecamping killer will often do nothing besides stay by the hook. So if you go and trigger reassurance and leave, it's very unlikely a killer committed to facecamping that survivor out will leave the hook to go after you. If the killer is not facecamping and simply trying to pressure the hook and anything nearby, then you can activate reassurance and lead the killer away from the hook giving the rest of the team additional time to rescue them.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

WIth the original Reassurance, a team could make a survivor on hook immortal and unkillable indefinitely. That's just not balanced in any way, shape or form and the nerf brings it into the category of "Effective but not OP."

• D2night
    D2night Member Posts: 224

dont you think if they did it solely because it was abusable they would’ve gave the hooked survivor an “opt out” button? Or made it some that there is a 10 second cooldown after reassurance ends where nobody at all can use reassurance on the survivor, even if you weren’t the one who used it 1st? Or made it so there’s a 2 limit use per person so a max of 6 times per health stage, or per hook instance?

It seems more like they just gutted the perk because of complaints about it being OP from face campers. And not only that, you can only use it 1 time per hook. So if the person ends up staying on hook until 2nd stage you can’t use it again. Anddd last but not least you can stack it up to 3 times if 3 survivors brought it, making it more powerful in a swf therefore making swfs more powerful. Just all in all seems like bad choices. They could’ve changed it in so many other ways for the better

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

The best solution against campers is yet run to the hook, let the camper kill you also and start a new match

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,865

I would have preferred for the devs to allow Reassurance to go live as is, then monitor it closely with their finger on the kill button. I don’t think it would have been abused greatly to the point where complaint threads would have started flooding in here. I think they had it right the first time.

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 423

You can still get like what, 90 seconds out of it? That's still pretty huge since that's enough time for one whole generator right there. I'm pretty fine with the change because in it's old state people would have to suffer at the potential of being in the basement with bubba for 10 minutes without any interaction whatsoever.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Before the nerf, your teammates could take you hostage for a infinite amount of time. If you´ve never had toxic teammates, then you´re a lucky person.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

Well I may be a camper, but that's not why I called for a nerf.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Or maybe they realised that if 2 or 3 people are running this perk, it's pretty much impossible to kill survivors unless you slugg them?

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 931

It's funny how many people argue "you could take a survivor hostage with this, it had to be changed this way!"... That's not at all a valid reason for the perk to have been butchered like this, they could have simply made it so that the person on hook can still attempt to unhook themselves/still gets skill checks they can intentionally miss. Seems to me that's more so camping killers concerned about themselves than concerned about survivors being grieved by other survivors.

I doubt we'll see the perk become a staple, and in its original version it definitely would have. I hope that with the "standout" survivor perk of the chapter falling into obscurity (or at least mediocrity), BHVR will at some point consider buffing it to at least 2 activations per stage (or better yet of course, address camping at a base game level, like they should have done years ago already).

It really is quite ridiculous that they finally brought something that could have actually reliably combatted camping, but then not only was it in the form of a licensed perk (so a band-aid solution, locked behind a paywall), but they went ahead and nerfed it substantially after teasing us with what could have very well "solved" camping to an extent.

And any non-camping killer should have been looking forward to it, I know I sure was, because in its original form, the perk was effective enough that you'd most likely have multiple copies of it in many of your matches, which if you didn't camp basically meant wasted survivor perk slots.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,291

WIth the original Reassurance, a team could make a survivor on hook immortal and unkillable indefinitely.

Only if the killer is AFK. But at that point, no one is gonna die anyway. The killer does have to put in at least -some- effort to get a kill.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

Only with an AFK killer? How to you figure that? A team with Reassurance can take turns swooping in on the far side from the Killer & keep the onhook survivor going indefinitely.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,291

Because the killer can just do his or her job and chase, down and hook the other survivors. Yes, two survivors could keep one person going forever. But what about two hooked survivors? What if there's two hooked and one in chase?

• Cassiopeiae
    Cassiopeiae Member Posts: 263

Pretty sure it wasn't an actual nerf, just made it so that people can't abuse it to hold someone hostage on hook for trolling purposes.