Why even play the game at this point

Options

If you dc/give up against certain killers? The only ones that I kinda understand where you're coming from is Nurse and Legion, but aside from those two, I just don't get it. Not every killer is gonna be some perfectly balanced, fair, and fun killer like basekit Blight or Billy. If refuse to play against a killer for xyz reasons, then guess what: you're gonna never learn how to deal with them and thus you'll continue to suffer. I play the fairest Blight I can, no tunneling, no camping, no add-ons, with one regression perks and I make sure to give every final survivor a smooch on the forehead as I plop em into hatch, but people still dc. Like literally what do you want me to do? I'm gonna stop malding and go touch grass now.

Comments

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,942
    Options

One recent trial I had involved Jill being hooked and rescued. I found them healing close by and struck, knocking Jill down again.

I wasn't going to hook her again, so went for the person healing her and injured them. They ran off, and I just then decided tp see what would happen if I went to Jill and just hung around for a couple of seconds then left her alone. She dc'd when I was barely there a second.

Her jump cost her team the trial. If she had hung on, she would have been picked up by another survivor, but some people cannot be bothered.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

"The only ones that I kinda understand where you're coming from is Nurse and Legion"

Sad Legion main noises

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,003
    Options

Yes, your ad absurdum while completely ignoring the point is very welcome.

• friendlyant1
    friendlyant1 Member Posts: 55
    Options

Appreciate that this was your intention, but there's no way for Jill to know that. Tunneling is so often in games now that I can understand her DCing.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options
  • Junylar
    Options

The post you are replying to literally contains "Some people like the game in general", that directly answers your proposition.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    Options

you find almost every killer annoying or unfair or "obnoxious"

this game isn't for you if you're gonna complain about every killer.

• WeakestNurseMain
    WeakestNurseMain Member Posts: 308
    Options

It's when you make decisions based on the whole entire picture of the game, and not just one individual part, so for example, instead of only focusing on chasing and killing someone, you think about everything that's going on (Gens being done, boon locations, health states, survivor positions, etc.)

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,577
    Options

Whats wrong with Mr. Trapper? He's the epitome of a basic killer. What part of his limited kit is obnoxious to you?

If you think so about poor Trapper, which killer remains to be NOT considered obnoxious, then?

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,942
    Options

The point made, though, is that plenty would not have. It's unfair on other players to just dc like that. If she were like the better-intentioned players then she would have been rewarded for it and the team might have had a chance. It's that selfishness which ruins it for everyone.

I had another dc after 1 hook today on Haddonfield. I'm now taking the opinion that any match where that happens I shall then hook every survivor twice and then let them escape. The dc'er gets the timeout, and the other survivors get an escape and (hopefully) a shedload of BP.

• Vagab0ndCat
    Vagab0ndCat Member Posts: 80
    Options

Well, you should definitely not play this game, but for different reasons.

• Junylar
    Options

Yeah, just a handful of killers is "almost every killer", or even "every killer". Nice ad absurdum once again. It's like saying killer mains complained about every survivor perk when they mentioned DS and DH.

• Junylar
    edited August 2022
    Options

Sure, it's really fun running from the killer and getting caught in a trap you could have no possible knowledge of. Maybe he is fun if you play in SWF, but in soloQ it's an invisible death simulator.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    edited August 2022
    Options

Sunk cost, addiction, boredom. Sometimes fun, but only on occasion. /s

• CaulDrohn
    Options

But why do you call this "obnoxious"?

I can understand caling Doctors, Legions, Hags, MDR Spirit, Slugging Nurses, Hug-teching Blights, Face camping Bubbas obnoxious, but just running into a trappers trap? Like I already asked, if you find trapper that bad, which killer remains then, honestly? Every killer can play in an unfavorable way. Calling every remotely unfun killer aspect obnoxious leaves no room for a real discussion.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707
    Options

I experience almost no DC's in my games. The only times someone DC is because of bad connection or being tunneled/facecamped.

• Junylar
    Options

Because every time you run into a trap while in chase, you know you didn't do anything wrong, you didn't make a mistake, but still get caught because you were unlucky. It always happens suddenly and unfairly. Every time this happens, it makes you want to let go on hook as soon as possible.

• CaulDrohn
    Options

Half of the time I'm running into a trap it's because of my own stupidy, often seeing the trap but not reacting in time. So you can absolutely do something wrong. It's not that the traps just magically appear, the trapper has to set them. If you run into one, it's not unlucky, but planed by the killer in advance.

So if anything, be mad at your own shortcomings. It has nothing to do with Trapper being an unfair killer, that claim is just too hilarious to take seriously. If the trapper uses all traps for protecting a basement hook, then I would agree thats a bit obnoxious. But normal trapping of loops surely isn't. Maybe try playing Trapper to see how weak he really is and how rare it is to actually catch someone in a trap.

• SgtMittens
    SgtMittens Member Posts: 249
    Options

Not getting mentioned in the annoying killer list is Plague. I hate that b*tch. Anything in the game that completely nullifies and voids a perk or a function, such as healing for instance, makes it a chore to play.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 434
    Options

I don't want to. I'm stuck, addicted.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940
    Options

Game is bad if someone lose first chase quickly killer can just hooktrade/camp/tunnel after, unless killer play nicely it's too hard to recover in solo Q, basement is disgusting too game is ruined everytime with early basement

killer can snowball easily at any point of the game it's way harder to comeback for survs, BP gain is a joke too players would never DC or suicide first hook if playing surv was rewarding, if it's a waste of time why play ?

• Junylar
    Options

I'm running from the killer, making a vault and get caught in a trap on the other end of the vault I had no possibility of seeing or knowing of. Now explain how is this my mistake. What should I have done instead as a player? To FEEL there is a trap and teleport on the other end of the map instead of vaulting?

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495
    Options

Honestly, there is only 1 reason I disco. If you are an aggressive tunneler. Like, I understand it's a strat, but if no gens have been popped and you literally tunnel someone out of the game without even TRYING for other people, I just don't want to play anymore. It's a game, and your not giving someone a shot to play, you also get very minimal points because you literally don't get a chance to do anything. Even with sluggers, I try to just take myself into a corner so they don't get the hook. I just don't get the appeal, we already have long wait times, why would you bother loading into a game, waiting through the queue and just bully someone out of the match basically? Even when my objective is to kill the obsession, I at least try to give the other people a hook or two before I kill them. :/

• CaulDrohn
    Options

Checking vault locations before you use them while not in chase. Or taking a hit instead of vaulting (when still healthy). Against a trapper, windows are dangerous, deal with it and adjust your game instead of crying how unfair it is.

• neb
    Options

You just listed 8 killers, some of them are super weak as hell. Who knows how many more you have. After all, you're complaining about trapper. Trapper of all killers lmao.

Also, did you just learn the term "ad absurdum?" You don't have to use fancy words to try and sound smart, all I did was over exaggerate. But maybe I'm not, considering you find trapper annoying.

• Junylar
    Options

"Just take a hit and die, just run around the map checking windows instead of doing gens". Wow, what a great advice, what a great way to outplay the Trapper, I'll be sure to use it next time I play against him, it all makes sense now.

Being week against SWF does not mean not being annoying, especially against soloQ. I guess it's pointless to explain to you, since you don't seem to play soloQ frequently and just refuse to understand. And "ad absurdum" is not a "fancy word", it's how that fallacy you used is commonly called.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

Well said, but there is no excuse to DC/Ragequit unless there is a blatant/confirmed cheater. Idc if it’s Nurse, take your medicine like everyone else. Some of these ppl DC for the dumbest reasons, and many times had they just stayed in the game, they would’ve escaped. I’m talking me and THREE teammates getting all 5 gens done or down to 1, before us 3 all die. What does that tell you? If they stayed we would have either all got out or only 1/2 die instead of everyone. But they don’t even try. Just a bunch of quitting babies. And a lot of them are kids who have Fortnite, Roblox, and Fall Guys in their recent played list.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

Sorry- meant me and TWO teammates. Can’t edit on iOS.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

But why do you believe a slugger cares about a hook? I see you guys doing that all the time, but really, I think the aspect that you overlooked is that perhaps I would hook you if I wanted a hook. I already got the down. Not much would stop me from just taking it unless you are under a pallet and I am getting swarmed (but at that point I am going to get a different down anyways, so it does not matter too much). I feel you are really hurting yourself with that attitude. You just give me what I want in literally either scenario (where you DC and make it a 3v1, or where you crawl into a corner and bleed out).

I am just suggesting that perhaps you are ruining your own fun more than mine. I am not sure if you think you are special or something, but a LOT of survivors act that way. Even if it did bother me, somehow, I would be so used to it by now that it would not fetter my experience.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Taking a hit while healthy and running to the place of the map where he doesn't have traps is how you counter trapper. Especially with medkits or CoH there is nothing Trapper can do

Either he lets you go to heal up or he commits to a full m1 chase away from the gens

Sorry but if you get caught in a obvious window trap while healthy it's 100% your fault. You should just not go through grass at all vs trapper if you are healthy

It also takes like a handfull of seconds to check for traps in a nearby loop. Trapper has no mobility, you can spare a couple of seconds to know if a loop is safe.

Don't take unnececary risk and trapper is a very managable killer. Take risks without any thought whatsover and i can guess why he would be annoying to face. But that's on you

• PaintedDeath
    PaintedDeath Member Posts: 490
    Options

I'm really proud that my Trapper gameplay makes you feel this way, it's quite an achievement

• KidNamedSlinger2
    KidNamedSlinger2 Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2022
    Options

Killers aren't fun to play against because the goal of the game is to win and they stop you from doing so.

As a Killer main, I hate loading into a game to see that there are indeed survivors on the enemy team.

• neb
    Options

lol what? I play solo q frequently, I haven't played SWF in over a year, what're you on? If solo q makes trapper annoying, isn't that a problem with your teammates and not the killer? And no, it's not commonly called that, can you actually say that people use "ad absurdum" more than "over exaggeration?"

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

I’m not saying I think Trapper is a particularly difficult killer to deal with (basement Trapper being an exception), but I think telling a survivor to “run to the place of the map where he doesn’t have traps” is ridiculous. Like how would an average solo queue survivor know where Trapper has set up? Unless they find him really early and basically follow him around the map, there’s no way to truly know where he’s placed his traps. Well, not without a rainbow map with killer item tracking add-on. I do agree that avoiding windows is usually good practice, but he will get his bloodlust eventually (faster now), recover from missed or connecting hits (faster now), and generally outpace a solo queue survivor in one way or another.

• TDtheDoc
    TDtheDoc Member Posts: 225
    Options

Just give the Trapper player his due.He set his trap in the right place to catch you,simple as that.Why not just play a game where you don’t have to play against people who actually have a strategy and are trying to win like you are?Survivors keep saying killers aren’t entitled to 4ks,guess what survivors are not entitled to escape.

• Sonzaishinai
    Options

In a general sense finished gens are a good bet. He has no reason to go to that place. There is a reason survivors see a giant bubble pop up when gens get done to show them which one it was.

Solo q or not, that's information you have. And it is a good practise vs any killer to do that anyway

Places you took the couple of seconds for to actually check if you want to be 100% sure.

And even if you aren't sure survivors make a total of 15,5 meter distance on hit while the killer wipes his weapon. It takes trapper 25.8 seconds to catch back up.

so even if he has a random trap there you should be able to take him away from gens long enough to get some good progress in.

Playing against trapper is risk assessment. Once you understand a bit how he works (playing him yourself helps) you can make good guesses on which places might be trapped

• NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394
    Options

Why not? skipping boring game against nurse/blight to get fun game against myers/bubba

• Junylar
    Options

If you can't counter it - it's not fair. As simple as that. As a sole player in soloQ I have no correct moves to avoid a trap while in chase if it's placed near the only vault/palled in vicinity. So I'm put in a hopeless position where I have no option other than be downed, one way or another, with no possible counterplay. This is unfair, and the traps being so sudden to that are annoying.

• Sonzaishinai
    Options

If you hide in a corner and a billy/bubba traps you there then you also have no option then to be downed.

The counter to that is not to get in that situation in the first place.

There are counters, you're just writing everybody off who tells you them

• Junylar
    Options

I haven't heard a single counter against him other than "just don't get caught 4Head", or plainly telling me to spend several minutes running around the map checking every vault and pallet for traps instead of doing gens, basically "countering" him by throwing the game. I guess it's a pointless discussion, you just refuse to see the situation from the survivor's perspective, just telling "it's your fault anyway" on any argument. You basically can justify any killer with this rhetoric, just repeating "The counter to that is not to get in that situation in the first place" against every complaint. You can defend old Spirit and old Legion with this, you can even defend the old 2016 facecamping by just saying "it's your fault you got caught". It's not a constructive discussion at this point.

• Sonzaishinai
    Options

You really like to change the words that people tell you don't you

Checking a nearby loop doesn't take minutes. The 5 to 10 seconds tops will be more then made up by knowing you can loop it with no risk

Not taking unnececary risks by vaulting uncertain windows when you are healthy and could easilly just take the hit. Healthstates are a resourse use them

Remembering where the finished gens are where the chances of traps are low so you know where to run too.

I am talking from the survivors perspective. This is how i play against trapper when i play soloq

You are right about one thing. This is not a constructive discussion.

But only because you simply refuse to learn and just assume anyone who tries to gives you advice doesn't play your role

There is a reason trapper is on the bottom of almost every tier list. If you don't take unnececary risks he's very managable.

Instead of getting defensive when people say "it's your fault" take a moment to think if maybe just maybe there is actually something you can change in your playstyle that will make you deal with trapper better.