We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

What two killers would make a good team?

Jivetalkin13
Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 746
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

Assuming you can't have two of the same killers on a team together, what two killers would work well together in a 2v8?

My picks....

Plague and Dredge

Trapper and Blight

Freddy and Hillbilly

Legion and Oni

Pinhead and Wesker

Post edited by Jivetalkin13 on

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,566

Doctor and Legion.

Reason being, iirc you can't Mend when you have to Snap Out Of It. Constant Deep Wound combined with a lot of Doctor shocks...

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Nurse and Blight... because they're Nurse and Blight

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,856

Spirit and I :)

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Pig and Hag... Pig can get downs and Traps while Hag sets up her Traps (LOL... see what I did there)

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Nurse and Bubba. One will pressure on gens and chase them. The other one? He will do just his best. He will be sure they are dead when they hooked :)

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Legion and Hag.

Legion keeps the survivors injures and chases them right into Hag’s web.

Plague and Oni would work great, especially since they both have powerful snowball abilities.

• FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 337

Trapper and Hag

Artist and Huntress

Freddy and Dredge

Pinhead and Pig

Ghostface and Myers

• RaSavage42

Ghostface and Pig

Pig puts the trap on and Ghostface can mark them while the Survivors get the traps off... and they both can teabag with some Survivors

And Pig can photobomb the Ghostface mori.... LOL

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

Hag and Nurse would be gameover. Hag blocks part of the map and drags survivors into her web, nurse act like enforcer and pressure survivors outside of web.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 921
    edited August 2022

Spirit and Sadako. Both want their revenge, they can dominate with their stealth aspects, and they could really both be perfect teammate, as they have a lot in common.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911

Bubba and Billy. A redneck Mario and Luigi, but with chainsaws.

Twins and Legion. Legion quickly injures many survivors with Frenzy, then Victor mops them up with a slugging spree.

Twins and Plague, for similar reasons.

Oni and Legion, for similar reasons.

Oni and Plague, for similar reasons.

Nemesis and Pinhead. Survivors are going around picking up the box, while getting harassed by zombies.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

You'd be too busy chasing her and not the survivors -.-

• RaSavage42

Nemesis and Wesker... Both are from RE

Spirit and Oni... Cause family

Bubba and Hag... both are cannibals

Legion... Obviously

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Plague Twins

Legion Twins

Myers Nurse

Ghostface Nurse

Legion Oni

Plague Oni

Trapper Pig

Hag Pig

Sadako Sadako

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 437

Hmm, 2 Vs. 8? That alone eliminates all the killers trapping areas, as there'd be no time to set them up..

I'd go with Huntress and and Nurse; Anna can pose a threat when it comes to guarding hooked survivors and certain generators, while Sally could kindly bring them to the necessary hook for Anna to look after.

I have also thought about Spirit and Nurse; Rin could use Furin to cause some panic with Senko Hanabi to chase more effectively and Sally would dominate like usually.

Legion and Spirit do sound good on paper, but would have kinda sucked in practice. Just imagine getting the position reveals during chase with Rin.. That'd be so cool!

Oh, we shall be more specific about their powers. I have assumed that both killers can see each other's powers - For example, when Legion stabs a survivor, Spirit would see all of them via killer instinct aswell, allowing easy chases even while phasing.

• Jivetalkin13

That is a good question for a 2 v 8 scenario. Would your partner see Killer Instinct or any other effect that is triggered by you or not? Personally, I don't think they should unless it's from a perk.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104

I think a Clown paired with a Plague or Legion would be a combo survivors would hate.

• Blue_Archer33
    Blue_Archer33 Member Posts: 318

Can you imagine the impossibility of facing a Pyramid Head paired with either Trapper or Hag?

• Blue_Archer33
    Blue_Archer33 Member Posts: 318

Can you imagine this, but also with an active Chain Hunt instead of Doc blasts?

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,474

Oni and Plague if you stay injured oni will get his power if you will heal plague will get her power.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,448

oni and a surprising amount of other killers

oni and legion

oni and plague

oni and wraith

oni and myers

oni and pig

oni and onion (I never learned their name)

basically oni + stealth killer or easy injure killer = real gamer hours

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

Leatherface or Michael (infinite t3) + any killer with good antiloop would always win.

Why? One killer's entire existence is to hold a 3 gen and do literally nothing else.

The other killer chases people and wears them down.

• Neprašheart

In that case, I must change my opinion.

I'd go with Spirit and Hag; Rin's directional phasing sound would lead their prey straight to Lisa's phantasm traps, making for easy hooks. That'd be a lot of fun.

In terms of effectivity (the most sacrifices), though, it's gotta be Nurse and some killer, who could reliably chase them off of generators - Hag, Hillbilly, or Legion.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I do enjoy these tag team threads 👍

Think Dredge and Ghostface would be good fun. Two x terror radius free killers plus ghostie during nightfall would be spooky.

As an Oni main, id probably pick him with Legion for blood supply or Trapper for shutting down loops and vaults. Blight + Oni would be carnage also.

Keep em coming 👌

• TMCalypso
    TMCalypso Member Posts: 334

Leatherface and Huntress - The king and queen of camping.

Pig and Trapper - Place traps infront of pig boxes, plus certain trapper add-ons would make it difficult to remove traps.

Pyramid Head and Wesker - Would require good teamwork and skill, but Wesker could simply throw survivors onto Pyramid Head's trails and keep everyone tormented, meaning no need to worry about hooks.

Myers and Ghost Face - Specifically with Scratched Mirror and a map like Lery's. The Dynamic Duo of Heart Attacks.

Nurse and Clown - Nurse slugging and Clown runs cleanup using yellow bottles with Agitaition and Iron Grasp to quickly hook everyone who gets slugged.

Plague and Nemesis - Keeping everyone sick and broken would mean Nemesis would only need two hits with the tenticle to down instead of 3. Plus the vomiting would attract the zombies to survivors easier.

Blight and Hillbilly - Gotta Go Fast!

Artist and Dredge - Artist's crows can easily find survivors in or near lockers and Dredge can quickly go after them.

Freddy and Sadako - Both can easily teleport to Gens with gen regression perks and they have the potential to slow the game to a crawl.

Pinhead and Wraith - Don't have a reason, just think they'd go well together for some reason.

• himheart
    himheart Member Posts: 89

Trapper and Crapper

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 795

honestly i think the fact that myers gives mapwide exposed makes him a strong contender for 2nd banana to literally any strong 1v1 killer. he just follows deathslinger or nurse around stalking and hooking. the man won't even have to swing, and it's not like you can bodyblock him.

this is assuming without addons, as well. with addons? jesus. myers finally makes it to the S tier.

• AshInTheTallGrass
    AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,670

Nurse and Trapper. She'd carry him along with her, showing him what it's like to quickly traverse the map and not have to wait 'til later to have a return on his power. She'd Aladdin his Jasmine.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Infinite Tier 3 Myers with 4 slowdowns and Nurse with all info.

Myers tier 3 inflicts all survivors with exposed... so once he gets there Nurse just needs to find everyone.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

Self caring Claudettes and ever blessing boon Megs (mikaelas) 😂😂

• Pinhead and Sadako could work, Pinhead binds them so Sadako can condemn them. And he could interrupt the survivors when trying to get rid of the tape.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Based purely on lore and not at all on ingame synergy, Deathslinger and Hillbilly. They're both tinkerers of some kind after all !

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

they could stick together and turn close range slinger shots into instadowns though. can't really dodge a billy while speared

i think he could work with sadako too. spear survivors and drag them to tvs so she can teleport and build condemned. plus the spear would interrupt the tape insert animation.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Legion or Plague + Nurse =

Survivors get injured by frenzy or infected gens with no mechanical counterplay then 1 hit downed by Nurse with no mechanical counterplay.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

One Docter to rule them all

one doctor to find them

one dredge to down them all

and into darkness, bind them.

also, how does exposed work? If i get calm-addon-doctor with starstruck and all survivors become exposed, does dredge get to down them?

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Nurse and Bubba.

Nurse gets the downs and Bubba Face Camps them :)

• Jivetalkin13

Since the Exposed staus is applied to survivors, I don't see why they couldn't be downed.

• Neprašheart

The question is, do the perks of each killer stack? I have asked a similar question, and I'd be of the opinion that they shouldn't.

I mean, you don't want to face two Pop Goes The Weasel perks per each hook, regardless of who has hooked the survivor, Hex: Haunted Ground, Make Your Choice, as well as other perks alike..

• Jivetalkin13

If it's an effect that is applied for doing an action that is applied to you personally, I don't think it would. If it's an effect that is applied from an action in the environment, it probably would activate for both, depending on the wording of the perk.

Status effects would work like normal as they are applied effects; Exposed is really the only effect that changes any dynamic of the game.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,233
    edited August 2022

Taking IdV as example a 2v8 would probabky need special rules.... and a new map.

But in general, doctor or plague paired with anyone else. Theyre the best utility debuffer.

Plague makes people broken.

Doctor makes people scream. It's a general survivor animation that spawns a notification. Even if they doc's partner wouldnt see the illusions or the fake red stain, the screams alone, be it madness or static blast induced, will be helpful.

On the other end of the spectrum: nurse because shes top killer.

Truth to be told, there would need to be a wesker/trapper achievment for throwing someone into a trap

• Jivetalkin13

I'm imagining a super map with all the maps in the respective realms stapled together (At least the realms that have more than 2 maps) and maybe like 7 out of 12 generators need to be completed or something.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,233
    edited August 2022

I played IdV a few years ago and 7/12 gens was indeed one of the special rules. But a whoopping 30% repair speedpenalty and 3 healthstates.

But they also had an anti camp mechanic: survivors dont get sacrificed for the first 30 seconds on a hook, but they couldnt be rescued in that rime. Then the sacrifice started as normal.

1 camps 1 hunts was basically useless as a strategy. And 2 killers focusing 1 dude didnt work reliably either. Tho quickly punching someone if the other just happened to herd someone to you was fine.

The gamemode was wild.

Edit: finally some site has the rules written down, just took them years lol.

https://id5.fandom.com/wiki/Duo_Hunters