Can I get banned for this?

Pukenplag
Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454

So I played a game in a SWF and the random teammate had hacks. She had vigil everywhere on the map and it would make us recover exhaustion in like 2 seconds. I unfortunately ran sprint burst, meaning that a single stop at a loop recharged it. I felt super bad but my perk didn't allow me to not use exhaustion. If that random recorded me intentionally to put the blame on me, could I get banned for using 2 sprint burst one after another? I really had nothing to do, besides walk and let the killer get me... Which tbh I would've done if it weren't for my only flashlight.

Comments

• SekiSeki
    SekiSeki Member Posts: 516

Hope that flashlight was worth the ban.

Haha, I'm just messing.

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454

But I mean... Considering all of us in the SWF reported the Claud, wouldn't it be us against her word? We claim she gave us op vigil everywhere on the map (and it's very clear from a recording that there is vigil), she claims we were hacking exhaustion.

I sincerely hope that this encounter will only end in that person's ban.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Who knows?

The client certainly does not know who was cheating.

Hopefully one of guys filed a report.

This also makes me realize how easy it would be to 'set up' randoms to make them look like they're cheating.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

I would think if you all reported her in game and then sent down support tickets you should be fine. If she does it in multiple games hopefully your match wouldn't be the only one to report her.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

I had a similar scenario a while back, where a rando cheating teammate applied the cheats to me and the other survivors as well. Thankfully I’m still here.

But they may be too. I encountered them in another pre-game lobby after reporting them, and I believe it was another day altogether. Needless to say, I immediately left when I recognized them.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

I doubt BHVR bans over a single report. Best you can really do is all report the cheater and move on. As long as you aren't going out of your way to play with cheaters, you will likely be fine.

• SgtMittens
    SgtMittens Member Posts: 249

I sent them a video of a Ghostface having machine gun knife swings and instant hooks in 2019 and I never heard anything and the person, who was on Steam, never had a ban. It appears they will only ban someone that a streamer with a large following had identified. I guess that's better than nothing but it doesn't do much for people just trying to have fun.