Is wesker that bad?

Comments

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505
  • AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

That and add maybe 1 and half more seconds to his movement time when hes getting ready for a second bound and he would be fine for the most part. Most T/L Walls are too long to use a bound then try time maneuver around for a second bound before you fatigue. Maybe his power can go to 8 seconds instead of 10. Just small buffs but his survivor hitbox needs to be bumped up to 30cm from 20cm.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I mean, Wesker wasn't even that good in the PTB. But he did get buffed so I don't think he's that terrible.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

You are absolutely right. I personally buy all the DLCs (and all cute Feng Min skins) because I want to support the devs. Still, I will criticize killers for being underpowered or clunky to play. I never understand this "dont buy killers until they are Nurse tier"-BS.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

I agree it's kind of hard to really determine his strength when he keeps bugging out like how would the game have changed if I got the down instead of going through them

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

Eh, debatable, even if you never use his power in chase, it’s still amazing for map traversal, which is something Trapper doesn’t have

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005
    edited August 2022

What do you mean? He is OP as hell. He can charge and attack freely, basically ignoring any distances.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

They nerfed his "Survivor Impact" size. They need to buff it slightly as, right now, it is possible to seemingly just phase through survivors.

• ClarityOfWill
    ClarityOfWill Member Posts: 205

Wesker is fine for the most part. He does need some fixes in regards to hits not registering and not taking a heath state on collision, but otherwise he's pretty decent. People advocating for a return to the PTB level hitboxes are laughable and hopefully the devs take no notice. There is no way 40cm was balanced there, it gave me hits I clearly did not deserve. However, 25cm might be more reasonable in the long term. By the sounds of it, with the exception of a few very clear examples, most of it boils down to skill issue and knowing when vs when not to use his power.

• ClarityOfWill
    ClarityOfWill Member Posts: 205

Clearly we aren't going to agree on much if you think Wesker is underwhelming. He is a high risk, high reward character assuming you don't just play him as M1 only. Git gud as an argument is simply based on some of the ludicrous takes in this thread about his strength and with all due respect, people calling him bad reek of it. As for trying to bring up nurse as some sort of logistical gotcha really ain't it, her problems extend far beyond the scope of in game gameplay, we've just had proof of that. Wesker unironically is what nurse should have been on day 1 of her release, but here we are.

• LinkToReality
    LinkToReality Member Posts: 115
    edited August 2022

It's hard to deny that he has some janky moments with his power here's a couple of clips I recorded yesterday:

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Do you mind if i use this video to help provide footage for a bug report?

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

He just came out,,,give people some time to adjust,,not everyone played ptb,,Though his dash hitboxes are kinda inconsistent

• TheLastHook
    TheLastHook Member Posts: 495

The ideal DbD killer then. Much barking but that's it. No bite.

All designed alike. And well, it wil get nerfed after enough people have paid for it. Probably.

• Kirahie
    Kirahie Member Posts: 354

That proves beyond a shadow of a doubt it needs to be increased. In what world is that not a hit?

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 685

Nah, I'm doing fine in most of my games with him. Sadako too. Do they need some adjustments and tweaking? Sure, but I'm still having fun and doing well so no problem with buying the DLC.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182
    edited August 2022

His hitbox feels "wrong" in certain scenarios that are 100% not a "just need to get good" case. People have already linked multiple examples in this thread where Wesker passes through a survivor that is very clearly within range of getting hit but he simply phases through them, I am assuming it's latency related as it's not 100% reproducible in all bounds.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

The hitbox in general seems pretty good, yes. If it's a bit buggy, then it of course should be fixed. But I haven't had such instances often yet personally. Most of the times, I just miss by a little.

If they do want to inrcease the hitbox, I hope they only increase it from 20 to 25 cm. Or at the absolute very most 30 cm, otherwise Wesker will just start grabbing survivors around corners way too easily, but I think 30 cm could already be too much. I hope it's going to be 25 cm, because I definitely like that he requires more precision, and that survivors have a fairer chance dodging his dash. On the ptb he was like a truck.

I also have the feeling some people just need to get used to it, because people are more used to dash abilities like Demo's, that have bigger hitboxes. Ignoring the instances where hits just don't register of course.

• ad19970

Do people really think BHVR deliberately made Wesker stronger on the ptb, and then nerfed him, to trick their customers? There's no way anyone believes that, right?

• ad19970

That doesn't have anything to do with his hitbox size though, I hope you realise that. His dash just seems a bit buggy still, and I doubt anyone is defending that. You literally phased right through that survivor.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

I've had the opposite feeling. I've been absolutely wrecking with him. He seems like a hybrid between Blight and Legion. And I've already gotten to the point where I am using his power to attack almost always. And it's such good slow down because now they have to either be infected or go across the map to get the antidote. Wesker is high A tier. In my opinion he's only slightly weaker then Blight.

• Wowie
    Wowie Member Posts: 571

I've also noticed that small bumps in the map can cancel his second dash before you even use it sometimes. Eyrie has a lot of places where this happens, typically near pallets. Red Forest has a few spots too.

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482

The dash has ######### hitbox (a lot of times I dashed to a surv in front of me and I didn't grab him, literally in front of me) and has some severe bug (for example if you dash to a surv while he is throwing a pallet, you can bounce away). Wesker must be fixed

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

Bronx encountered bugs in 2/3 his three first games last night.

I watched Oz today and saw about one bug every other game if not higher.

Wesker's power is "janky". Unlike with say nurse you have fixed rush lengths that are the wrong distance for most loops. This makes Wesker a M1 killer on many loops. Some loops also make the ability to vault a downed pallet completely useless - which adds insult to injury.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Ive literrally saw how i suddenly pass throught survs like a ghost so i dont think is good hitbox

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

high risk of moving through survivors or sliding across them

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

I have bumped into a ton of survivors and slid past them too. It's the hit detection for survivors is too small.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,613

except freddy, plague (if i'm not mistaken she has a minor cooldown regarding her recovery after using the green puke), artist (before survivors took damage if they went into her crows, now they'll be simply swarmed) pyramidhead (his cages and later his chiasing power), just to name some of them...

• Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 227
    edited September 2022

I have about 4K hours in the game, every achievement before this latest update, and about 50 games as Wesker. All that and I'm confident he might just be one of the worst killers in the game in his present state.

Post edited by Timmylaw on
  • NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394

Wesker is fine. Killer mains just want gigantic hurtbox so killer can play itself with zero skill and player agency

• For me he was a 10/10 in terms of fun factor. Even with all the flaws he had. I had already suspected what was coming when they talked about changing the collision "slightly". When they talk about minor changes, you know #########'s getting serious. 

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727

I can't say much in contrast to the PTB version as we were on holiday when it was live - so I didn't get a chance to try it out...

Having said that - it definitely seems as though they over nerfed the hitbox on his dash.

Though fun to play as in his current state (even with the bugs in mind) - it gets annoying when I start sliding right through survivors and can't land hits that Demo would easily get.

Yes, he does require skill - but the hitbox is far too small as it is right now.

• ReviloDBD
    ReviloDBD Member Posts: 597

Hmm may I ask what build you are using on him then? Just curious and trying to learn.

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,373

Well yes I'm actually going back to legion because at least his power is fun and works

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

Add-on - Unicorn Medallion is a must - Use 1 charge to attack , Use 2 charges for map traversal (catching up to a survivor). Do not try to attack with both charges, if you miss with the first accept the miss and charge your tokens back unless you're certain you can get the second hit in. But if you miss that second hit, admit to yourself that you screwed up.

Second add-on can be whatever.

I've tried all sorts of builds, but the one that I've had the most success with is

Sloppy Butcher, Caulorphobia, Jolt , Infectious Fright.

If I had things go my ways always, first hit would be with his power second hit M1 to get Jolt value. But honestly If you get the second down with his power that's awesome because you're rewarded with your power.

Note: Once you start using the Unicorn medallion, it's like crack and you can't take it off. You've been warned.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Bugs aside, he seems underrated to me. Wesker players aren't finding it hard to 3/4K in my solo matches.

• Xane
    Xane Member Posts: 61

Wesker is a loser killer lmao. Garbage, nerfed, and boring to play.

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338

No wesker DC on me today even when they lost and i played for like 5 hours straight. You are just unlucky.

As for his power, a bit buggy but it's too early to judge; My opinion is that he will sit at mid tier.

• Pikachaouuu
    Pikachaouuu Member Posts: 87
    edited September 2022

Played one match on ptb and was okeish, the main problem was the hitboxes, i never had hitbox problems per se, except the ones where you grab them and he just release them. Overall his power is lackluster, ok for mobility but not at impresive levels, on chase is also okeish until you realize that it has 0 looping and vaulting is not even worth it on chase where is assumed you are going to use it

Post edited by Pikachaouuu on
  • ad19970

Are you serious right now? Plague got a nerf to her movement speed while holding her power, so she would have at least a bit of counterplay when using her Corrupt Purge. She did get a bunch of other buffs as well though. And she received more buffs over the years as well.

Pyramid Head had almost 0 counterplay before they added a 1 second cooldown after canceling his power, and they even gave him a compensation buff as well. That had nothing to do with making him weaker after people bought him.

Artist is the same thing. Many people still don't enjoy going against her that much, but dear lord, her crows damaging survivors was so stupid, literally everyone was asking for that nerf.

And Freddy as far as I know was just very ill informed nerfs because of how strong he could be against low rank survivors.

Wesker is the first killer that was nerfed in a way that most people didn't see coming, and didn't want him to be nerfed. And it's not even clear if his hit box is too small, or if it's just buggy. I also wouldn't be surprised if they increase his hitbox to 25 or 30 cm in the next weeks, considering how many people complain about it.

Also, what about Dredge, Sadako, Pinhead, Nemesis, Trickster, Blight and so on? A lot of those killers were actually improved sometime after the ptb.

You have no argument whatsoever.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,613
    edited September 2022

yes, i'm absolutely serious since the question was if other killers were nerfed after the ptb, not if those nerfs were done without reasons🙄.

btw dredge and sadako didn't received buffs as far as i know (or at least nothing gamechanging for them), pinhead was NERFED and not buffed (brown and green addons for the chain hunt cooldown nerfed from 10 and 15 seconds to 3 and 6 seconds and his engineer's fang nerfed, spawning only 2 chains instead of the usual 3). trickster was buffed after being released cause he was literally unplayable unless you were aganist people who were SO BAD that they could kill themself while the killer was afk. blight had hitboxes so weird and bad that was unplayable so i would call his "buffs" bugfixes. freddy didn't needed all the nerfs that he got, now it feels clunky and underpowered using him. artist wasn't a big problem since when she put down the crows she's also slowed down, so the counter was the same as it is now: W+shift. pyramidhead was overall nerfed because as i said his cages were visible to him, so his power gave also some useful informations and his chasing power could be easily faked, now both things are gone only for having his power more spammable (they didn't even buffed the range, which is already pathetic), a pity that this attack is extremely predictable and you can't aim freely due to the slow movement, without mentioning his ms nerfed from 4.4 to 3.6. plague could at least receive a buff for her puke being faster since it can be easily juked (not to mention that her green puke is extremely clunky due to server latency: i lost the count of the times that i should have infected someone and the survivor did the animation when hitted by the puke but nothing happened), especially when in indoor maps, making her a simple m1 killer, she recently received a couple of buffs that make her a little bit better (before survivors were able to completely deny her power since only one pool was available to collect her real chasing power from the start). i've a LOT of arguments as you can see...