Why are most survivors unable to understand the most basic simplest concepts?

Sumnox
Sumnox Member Posts: 605
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

I have been playing versus a lot of Weskers since yesterday, 99% of my matches are Weskers. Ignoring the fact that people do not understand how to play around tunneling/camping, I've also gotten a couple matches against Pinhead.

In both of these Pinhead matches, the same thing happened: Unless -I- do the cube, nobody, will ever, ever go grab it and do it. This obviously results in the most frustrating, infuriating bloodbaths, as he easily obliterated both teams in both occasions. This happens very often.

My question is, because I am truly puzzled at the incompetence of survivors, even after thousands of hours of solo Q. Why do people seem unable to counter the most basic strategies a killer like Pinhead needs?

Putting Nurse and Blight aside, both of which are just broken, why do people seem unable to get around the most obvious, simple mechanics? I've played a lot of PvP games, and Dead by Daylight seems to stand out for this in an unique way.

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Either they just haven’t played against pinhead much or they’re playing on autopilot mode for archives and just don’t care

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734

You don't see pinhead to often, so it could just be inexperience. Not everyone researches killers or keeps up to date on strategies. So that could be the reason...

I bought pinhead yesterday since he was on sale and yeah... they made some fatal errors. One was taking chase to the box so I heard it once I downed them. The other was starting to do the box when I was right next to them. They just weren't coordinated, but yeah, I got my adept at least.

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605

But these players that are clearly clueless and inexperienced shouldn't be matched with veterans with thousands of hours like me. Another clear example of MMR not working.

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 612

While I agree in some ways, it's hard to you know, do that because not everyone has the same experience against specific killers as you do. I recently played as twins for a daily and this person I faced said that I was their first twins they ever played as and they were at _600_ hours.

I mostly disagree on survivor mmr in a generalized, concept, match-isolated way - but whole picture I think it's mostly ok - but you still need to find out how to counter killers for yourself, and getting higher in mmr doesn't really make low pick rate killers to be more there, ya know?

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

The two killers who survivors seem to have surprisingly difficult time against are Pinhead and Oni.

Pinhead for the reasons you mentioned, and it seems like every time there is an Oni my teammates decide to give him his power as quickly as humanly possible.

• Objectively_speaking
    Objectively_speaking Member Posts: 506

For pinhead, do not do his cube grab it and go into a locker and pray your team is good enough to beat him or hold his cube and only do it when or in an area where gens are done. Yesterday I went against a pinhead and did the locker thing he spent over 2 mins just looking for me <Where chains were spawning> but could not find me. It is super funny to see.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

Because they ran out of Monster energy drink and Insane Clown Posse just doesn't sound the same to them without a high enough dose of caffeine, so they're having to listen to Limp Bizkit instead. Trust me, I've been researching this topic for 178 years.