Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

i want to be honest, i don't think BHVR should make "cosplay" skins anymore

MrJack20252
MrJack20252 Member Posts: 390
edited August 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I have to tell the truth, I started to get this impression with the AoT collaboration, although the concept on paper is really nice but its application leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the fans of a particular collaboration who may wish to play with the original characters. furthermore, however much effort BHVR puts into the skins, it is necessary to understand that you cannot always do a good job as you are forced to adapt to existing models that sometimes cannot in any way adapt to the characters you are trying to make the cosplay skin . (An example would be Armin as Felix and Dwight as Eren.)

Now people who are fans of those two characters may have been very excited about the collaboration and then be disappointed with the proposed skins (not for incompetence on the part of BHVR in making skins, but in the very concept of using cosplay on totally different characters that do not remotely resemble the series originals)

I believe the same happened with Project W, here I will exclude the Feng skin because BHVR was very clever in giving people the choice between the cosplay and the original skin for Jill and I will focus on the Chris skin for Felix.

Here I really don't see the point, we already have Chris in the game and he is objectively fantastic, one of the favorite characters of the RE saga of many fans, and his outfit given to Felix by BHVR is a favorite of the RE community so I don't understand why give it only to Felix and not to Chris, the original owner. also that outfit is made to highlight Chris's muscles and physique, on Felix who does not have the same physique is really out of place

That skin really leaves us embittered, almost hoping that BHVR hadn't made this choice or that at least it had given the players the possibility to choose as it was done with Feng's outfit.

I know many people who are fans of RE who, while they love Chris madly and Chris from RE5 (the game where Felix's skin comes from), have chosen not to buy it feeling like they are looking at a missed opportunity.

So I'm doing this post a little bit out of fear that BHVR will go on without thinking too much about how these cosplays might make fans of the series feel and hoping to be read and taken into consideration, I ask BHVR to think a little more about cosplay skin, perhaps choosing more often than not to bring back the original characters from the collaborations instead of cosplaying on inappropriate characters. or at least to offer players the option of choosing whether to want the original character or a cosplay, just like this update was done with Feng.

Comments

• Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,161

Yeah, I agree. Like, just because Chris is a legendary character does not mean that he cannot get another legendary skin - like, why not? BHVR / CAMPCOM makes money, us Chris fans buy them and are really happy with them. I personally like Felix's cosplay of Chris, but I really do miss Chris with that outfit and want it so badly in the game. Chris is the most deserving of it imo. Sure, keep Felix cosplaying if you want, but please make another legendary outfit for Chris. No law in the world prevents you from doing that.... does it? 😓

You could also give Chris bloody cosmetics if you've unlocked Leon's bloody cosmetics. It would just add to the game, make us players more satisfied, and in the end you'd profit from it. (even if the bloody cosmetics would be free, you'd still get more players to buy Chris since he'd have more cosmetic options to choose from)

• WeirdlyBearded
    WeirdlyBearded Member Posts: 147

I also know a ton of RE fans who bought the skins. For example i hate chris. He's emotionally unavailable and everyone around him dies. I do love his outfit on felix and purchased it!

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I don't like much cosplay skin too. On Feng it does at lease make sense lore-wise, since she is a gamer and likes to cosplay. Felix skin's description is literally "He found himself dressed as some sort of agent or soldier."...

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I'm not really a fan of the "cosplay" cosmetics either. The AOT ones were ok, but the RE ones just doesn't make sense since they're cosplays of characters that already exist in DBD. I guess the Feng one makes sense since she's a gamer and has had other cosplay related cosmetics (Even says in her lore that she likes to cosplay), but Felix's makes no sense.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

I don't mind "Cosplay skins" as long as their counterpart didn't exist in game already. To me it made absolutely no sense to give Felix and Feng skins when the main ones are already an option and part of the DLC. To me it was just another excuse to give Feng yet another skin. It would have made more sense to give Meg of all survivors the Jill cosplay because she was shown in the trailer for both DLC's.

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424

With the possibility of sound like I'm reaching for straws, I feel it'd have made more sense for it to be a Jake skin since he does have the "Afterburn" skin where it says he was hired by a company to take the role of the Captain for a convention and Jake was reluctant, but he loved the series. I like Felix as a character, but I do agree that skin feels random on him.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

I see nothing wrong with them.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

I'm quite happy with the AoT cosplays because we were never going to get an actual AoT chapter, so for the fans, it's better to have something than nothing at all. But for Felix and Chris, yeah, that was a sad choice. I can understand that they didn't want to create two different legendaries for the same person, but it's unfortunate and I get why people are mad. And Feng was clearly just Feng cash cow bait, lol. Girl's had seven new outfits since my main last got one.

Pretty sure they picked Felix because he's the closest in appearance to Chris. Though I do think it's funny he got two cosplay skins back-to-back.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

Cosplay skins are just plain boring and repetitive. Eventually the cosplays will cause the game to lose its "charm".

Felix is a good example of this, he is blonde, not very muscular and has nothing to do with the most iconic character.

I was very disappointed because it really looked ridiculous.

Not to mention the Anime cosplays.

I apologize for this negativity, but I think they should put this idea aside from now on.

Instead it would be a great idea to make legendary skins, we have The Baba Yaga and The Birch as good examples.