Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Awakened Awareness is STILL a problem in nurse

words are not necessary.

nurse delenda est.

Comments

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,583

Better nerf it again. Let's make this perk completely useless just so that Nurse doesn't break the game with it.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

Agreed, nurse is totally fine and every killer perk should be broken. In fact 1 survs in this video escape using the hatch.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

Watch the video and tell me if you think anything SupaAlf did in game 2 was at all skilled.

A 5 hour nurse could do what he did in this video.

Make all the excuses you want, but there isn't always reasonable counterplay available. Sometimes survivors are forced into compromising positions, be it because of the map, where the survivor went down, where the remaining gens are/where the gens with progress are, etc.

I probably play Nurse one game every 200 hours (that'd put me at under 20hrs on Nurse), and I could replicate this video with ease.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    edited September 2022

So… if you aren’t in a position you can leave the incredibly small range, then get in a locker for a little bit. This isn’t rocket science. Obviously, the situation isn’t always going to be optimal to completely nullify a perk, but it has enough drawbacks you can play around it in most situations. Beating pub lobby players means literally squat. Good players will beat pub lobbies because they are outright better, regardless of side or build. Dead Dawg is also one of the smallest maps in the game and one of the most favorable for killer.

• KayTwoAyy

Get in a locker? Did you watch the video?! Alf pulled 2 survivors out of lockers in 2 seperate games.

I see killers running Starstruck check lockers all the time. Hop in a locker is not good advice.

You're totally naive to the fact that this video takes little-to-no skill, and is easily replicable by anyone who wants to invest more than 3 games on Nurse. Sure, good players are supposed to win. But this is not healthy gameplay. No one wants to play a video game where they constantly get their ass kicked back to last Wednesday because the developers neglect to consider something's skill ceiling.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Istg is it going to become a new forum trend to repost every SupaAlf video.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

First it was Scottjund and Otzdarvas videos,now its SupaAlf

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

You don't need 7k hours on nurse to use starstruck and get free pressure. Braindead perk on her where the "counter play" is to vacate the map and let her proxy a hook/3 gen for free with no counterplay. There is no drawback to running starstruck if you have it on her she instantly becomes much stronger it's a huge crutch.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,187

Dead Dawg is also one of the smallest maps in the game and one of the most favorable for killer.

sure, I would consider Dead Dawg to be the most killer-sided map in the game(in my opinion) but he is still winning at 4 or 5 gens on every map. that is the 42%(49%) kill-rate killer right there. worst killer in the game according to dev's.

nurse needs more buff(sarcasm).

• Sabraiz
    Sabraiz Member Posts: 566

In game two, Awakened Awareness barely did anything. It was all Infectious Fright giving pretty much all the information and Awakened Awareness just confirming the survivors playing bad by crouching at the edge of the map.

• KayTwoAyy
    edited September 2022

You going to answer my earlier reply, or do you prefer to lie in wait for your opportunity to make passive aggressive comments when your argument lacks foundation?

Edit: It's easy to call this meg "stupid" when Alf has the ability to see through walls. But if Alf didn't have Awakened Awareness, this meg's decision to stay in place after screaming with infectious could have turned out to be the safest play.

It's almost like you're acknowledging how strong the perk combo/killer is, but choosing to cast blame on others because you don't want to believe what is right in front of you.

• Sabraiz
    edited September 2022

Cannot read huh?

I did write that it confirmed what he knew from Infectious Fright triggering. And yes, I will still argue that Infectious Fright gave more information than Awakened Awareness, it told him where all three survivors were and then as previously stated Awakened Awareness showed that they stuck around.

But it is really funny. You like everyone else is so obsessed that Awakened Awareness is the problem. I realize it is hard with almost everyone having one collective brain cell here and are only able to parrot what everyone is complaining about, but do you not see what it all has in common?

It absolutely is not nurse. Oh, wait it is nurse.

• SuzuKR

He is a 7200h comp player Nurse main that pretty much always uses strong builds and plays to win against pub lobbies. Him not slaughtering almost every game would be weirder.

I never said Nurse needs buffs. Kill rate charts mean basically nothing because merges all factors. Don’t make strawman arguments please.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,232
    1. Your math has been proven to be faulty in the past, and disingenuous in numerous circumstances. This doesn't account for the Nurse following the Survivor to the nearest hook on route and Blinking towards them after hook. That also doesn't account for needing LOS blocker's against Nurse, which reduces the effective survivor distance due to moving perpendicular or diagonal. That also doesn't count against the Nurse's distance, since she can blink through those same walls. This doesn't account for hiding in the vicinity and Nurse blinking through 2-3 walls for the hit after the hook. This also fails to account for Survivor's knowledge of the perk's existence until after blinked and hit by it, or bringing Distortion. If the claim is "every match bring Distortion in case you run against a Nurse with Awakened Awareness, but no one else" then that is a problem with the Killer, not the perk. Also if the only assumed counterplay against Nurse is Shift W away, that doesn't account for maps not being featureless planes of white empty space, with no map boundaries. (Plane in this case being plane of existence rather than plain like with grass.)
    2. Accurate, but not everyone is trying to sweat out peak efficiency gameplay like this is a tournament. Some people care about those juicy co-op Bloodpoints, especially since Survivors are required to co-op gens to max out Objective points (outside of niche circumstances). Solo-ing gens gives 1250 for the full 90s, with 50 for a Good and 300 for a Great Skillcheck. Let's be generous, and say you land 3 Good and 4 Great checks when fully completing a solo gen. That gives 2600, and you as a team of 4 can only expect 1.25 gens and half a gate on average, bumping it up to 3875 total. Most Killers just playing normally max out Devious and Brutality, with Hunter being more choice of Killer reliant outside of farming.
    3. Proven false in the video within the 1st minute due to a lack of LOS blockers, and seems a bit impossible to complete matches on smaller maps for survivors if that is the case. The locker survivor couldn't get out due to Starstruck, and the hooked survivor being ~12-20m away from them. Even a newer killer who wouldn't see a Survivor through the window, would see the gen had progress, and check the lockers or around the shack.

Given the final quip do you honestly believe that wasn't roughly indicative of normal matches which the game should be balanced around? Within a minute of the video the 1st survivor is dropped, a 2nd was locker grabbed, and the 3rd was Starstruck downed while carrying the 2nd. Even if the 2nd wasn't there at all, the 3rd was still more or less a free down from Starstruck. Nothing there required 7200 hours to complete, and I'd argue it would only take 200-500 on the killer to accomplish that same start. Heck, arguably it would have been an even stronger start with fewer hours since they would be against survivors with even less alleged skill.

• KayTwoAyy

Anyone ever taught you what happens when you assume?

I never said the problem was Awakened Awareness.

Stay mad, tho. You talking down to me like I triggered you for throwing your words back in your face. I can read--maybe you should choose your words more carefully.

• Sabraiz

Anyone ever taught you what happens when you assume?

Interesting, and then you go and do the usual internet assumption of "u mad bro?"

Stay mad, tho. You talking down to me like I triggered you for throwing your words back in your face.

You acting like you were not hostile in your response and trying to act like you were sitting on some moral high horse? Maybe you should go and calm down a bit.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,606

What amazes me is that watching that video, the first thought isn't "wow, these survivors are really bad at this" or "how the MMR grouped a comp player with that lot?".

The second thought would be : "anyway ..."

• KayTwoAyy

You're still refusing to acknowledge how easy this all is for nurse, in favor of snoody sarcastic remarks. Nice.

• KayTwoAyy

Hostile? Asking you to "give me a break," and then disputing your claims with contextual evidence is hostile?

Oh hun, I have news for you...

• KayTwoAyy

Still being condescending...

Would you like to rephrase? I'll give you one more chance for me to take you seriously.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I'd say that Starstruck is the bigger problem here (considering perks).

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,437

That's a problem with camping in general, not the nurse.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,187
    edited September 2022

i am joking, starstruck is best nurse perk in the game(in my opinion) and nurse is best killer in the game. its competitive build. I use starstruck all the time on nurse. I just find it funny that they'd buff nurse, must be those kill-rate stats as I was joking around with. as supaalf said, he would need to face strong survivor team for him to lose with that build.

I don't main nurse though. its a bit boring play only her. i like to have a little bit of variety in killers, not too much though, just a little bit.

• botany_nerd
    botany_nerd Member Posts: 123

it's funny how almost everyone in the thread disagrees with you but instead of considering you might be wrong you throw a tantrum like a child and start trying to insult people. do you honestly think anyone is gonna take you seriously with they way you act? have you tried maybe talking to people how you would want to be talked to? i imagine not since i've seen you act the same way on other threads. to anyone who read this far into the discussion ignore this guy he ain't worth talking to.

• SuzuKR
    edited September 2022

You are free to give an actual counterpoint if you feel like discussing. I don’t know why you think I care about mob opinion. Majority opinion does not change facts.

• KayTwoAyy
    1. Alf's experience is completely irrelevant to the conversation, because the entire point is that this build doesn't require much skill. Specifically in this video, there is nothing he did that was particularly skillful
    2. Game balance needs to account for extremes--in this case the strongest possible builds & killers
    3. 99% of players play in pub lobbies, so of course we're critiquing the build with respect to their skill
    4. The video demonstrated just how easy this was to replicate on larger maps like Ormond and Suffocation Pit
    5. Again, this video is showcasing average players, for whom the game needs to be balanced around
  • Reinami

Ok, so nurse is a problem. So are SWF and super top level survivors. Let's fix both of those things then?

• SuzuKR

Balancing around average players makes problems for playing as or against good players, because that means you are balancing with the assumption people play awfully and making frequent mistakes as a basis. Then when you’re at a level where that does not apply to you or your opponents, suddenly, it is unbalanced again.

Yes, better players will get more use out of some things and less use out of other things. But regular players also will not be facing those insane players frequently at all. At an all around average level of play, people aren’t even good enough to use whatever tools they have optimally regardless, and they’ll probably make throw level mistakes half a dozen times a match.

This is why stuff like old DS DH BT UB on 4 man SWF meant basically nothing on average players cause they suck anyways, while getting a bit ridiculous at very high levels of play.

• botany_nerd
    botany_nerd Member Posts: 123

considering how you've treated other people that actually want to discuss and have respectful conversation i don't see why i would waste my time talking to you. mob opinion means a lot more then someone stating they're opinion as fact like you did. mizark3 gave a good example why your strategy of just leaving the area doesn't work the way you assume it does but funnily you never answered that and ignored him because your so called facts are nothing more then opinion. like i said at the end of my last comment you are not worth talking to and i won't be wasting my time talking to you anymore.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167
    edited September 2022

Kinda surprised a Nurse main would put out content like this tbh

Some people who main Killers like Nurse act like if you don't think they're fine as is that you're some kind of massive ignorant survivor main who hates balance, fun and wants to just bully every killer (Which 90% of the time is far from the truth)

Then again, nerfing perks because of 1 killer isn't really how BHVR should be tackling things like this anyway but that seems to be the road we're on.

I don't think Nurse is to blame for why a lot of modern killer perks are lackluster sometimes but I do think she has a lot of influence more than any other killers of the roster.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Here is the thing Awakened Awareness is like BBQ. Survivors complained about BBQ allowing for aura reading like that but never did for the longest time the easy ways to avoid it.

Now with Starstruck we have a perk that punishes greedy plays by Survivors and AA just makes it a worse punishment.

Nurse isn't the only one that benefits from SS/AA combo. Blight, Legion, Spirit, and Wesker highly benefit from it but all Killers can will get benefits if they run Agitation and Iron Grasp

• SuzuKR

So you have nothing to actually counterdiscuss. Thanks for not wasting my time. :)

That reminds me actually, McLean answered a question on his stream like a year or two ago. It was about how often Nurse comes up in talks about designing perks. His answer was it was more often than expected, but that there was never a case where they scrapped an idea just cause of Nurse.

• Brokenbones
    edited September 2022

I agree with your overall point but at least the 4 killers you listed cannot just straight up bypass all obstacles. Legion and Wesker can go over pallets and windows but they can't do that and then instantly m1 you with SS. There's a buffer window where you can make a play there

Blight can't use his power with SS so I wouldn't consider that an issue

Spirit is the only one I think you could make a strong case for, simply because with certain addons she moves at the speed of Sonic the Hedgehog high on some kind of substance

I don't think they scrap ideas tbh

But they certainly water down or neuter some of them because of Nurse. Not all of them though, For like at least a year + there's proof BHVR have been releasing perks with 'safe' numbers and changing them later on. Which is fine, there's nothing wrong with that necessarily.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

What is you escape rate? Obviously much higher than those less intelligent survivors

• Reinami

So you think we should balance around top level players instead of average players?

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

I agree Nurse changes the difficulty a bit but you (general any player not you specifically) have to play around what you know the Killer can do and what they can't but that goes into the territory of Nurse arguments and I REALLY don't want to stoke those fires lmao. But I digress Nurse isn't want makes that combo strong she just gets the most benefit from it.

But in the end we are talking about a top tier players with probably x2 the play time than the players they faced. Yea the video didn't show any "skillful" plays but it also did show most Survivors we're getting a little too close for comfort. The first few times should of been a surprise for sure but why didn't they learn to stay away from the Nurse when it was obvious what perks they were running. Heck I can tell if a Killer has Nurses Calling after a few times during heals.

• pocajohnny
    pocajohnny Member Posts: 219

I'm sure they realize that but changing Nurse is not on their backwards ass priority list.

• Brokenbones

Yeah no absolutely - the players in the video likely didn't adapt to the situation/didn't know how to handle it so they get bulldozed quickly. Personally though I think it is Nurse that makes the combo strong, based primarily on the fact her power lets her hit you basically anywhere. No matter where you are, if she knows how to land a blink there you're taking a hit.

The other killers just don't have that. Even a Blight or Spirit with omega addons can't bypass a wall or go up/down floors with as much ease as Nurse can. Like you said tho the thread isn't about this so I don't wanna continue down this line of discussion.

Ultimately the video isn't concrete proof of anything but it's worth looking at all the same.