DBD has never been so boring like this patch

Options

No less than 95% of all the games I have played have been on the RPD rework. This is just gross.

First let me say the new map is not an exciting rework. It's almost as bad as the old map because instead of narrow paths now there are too many junctions that lead back to previous rooms.

What did everyone want? They wanted the map to be about 9000m² and have some nice loops. Instead it's just lame god pallet spam.

And of course 95% of the killers have been Wesker. He's boring but pretty easy to escape compared to most killers. His power sucks at any loop but he can do a double dash for movement in corridors.

Comments

• Jinxed
    Jinxed Member Posts: 248
    Options

It is insanely boring, I just want a bit of variety. It should settle down soon though once everyone gets bored of playing him.

I wish they wouldn't force RPD on us quite so much as they have though, it's literally almost every game.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732
    Options

What? I fell asleep playing dbd.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    edited September 2022
    Options

I agree except for the 95% Wesker part. It's more like 3% with nurse at 85% and the rest at 12%.

• get_barted
    get_barted Member Posts: 206
    Options

From what I’ve seen if the “map rework” not much has changed. They did open it up some and added an side area, but they bot are are still almost the entire rod with a small section on the top floor closed off

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

RPD maps worse than ever (for survivors), Weskers proxying and tunneling like they won’t get their daily bread if they don’t.. yeah, this is the patch that saved DbD.

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 684
    Options

IDK, I played about 16-18 games today and I think I played Wesker for the first three to finish off his P3, then other killers for the rest. Maps were maybe 1/2-1/3 RPD (guessing), and the rest was other. For a new chapter didn't feel too far off.

That said, hopefully the map rotation goes back to normal in a week or two. I don't mind the new RPD, but any map gets old after awhile.

• GoshJosh
    Options

Old RPD maybe, but only with coordinated survivors. Explain how the new variants are.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options
  • Xane
    Xane Member Posts: 61
    Options

Games dying, GG

• danielmaster87
    Options

So it's boring because we got a new map and a new killer?

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

I am enjoying versing new killer and learning new maps. I am enjoying even more playing as Jill with her fixed face. Its actually when I get match with nurse or bubba on swamp in between wesker matches that makes me go ugh

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Agreed. Old RPD was hell for solo queue. The new one is basically the same, except everyone is getting lost all over again, so it's just as bad if not worse. SWFs have a ball on it though.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

DBD is boring because of the last 20 games I have played 17 have been on RPD.

May as well call Dead by RPD light.

• Ghoste
    Options

Mmm no, I've got more than "map bad." New RPD isn't any better for a solo Survivor.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,992
    Options

From my experience as survivor, a lot of loops can be chained or ran in very unconventional ways that just really can be strong. Like chaining 4 pallets and a window type stuff. But it mainly depends on what side of RPD you get tbh, both side is just has to deal with their hand from lady luck.

• camman0000
    camman0000 Member Posts: 35
    Options

The biggest problem with the map is that like NONE of the pallets are loopable, its just constant killers avoiding stuns then 50/50 over and over till you die.

• danielmaster87
    Options

What makes a solo player worse on that map? Can't players function outside of SWF?

• Ghoste
    Options

Well, it's an indoor map for starters (mostly). You really want me to explain why indoor maps are bad for players who can't communicate?

• danielmaster87
    Options

No, because there's not much to say. A call out on whether the killer's upstairs or downstairs can change within seconds since there are multiple ways up and down. Other than that, I guess you can't see killers through walls, but SWF doesn't change that. If you hear the TR getting louder, the killer's probably coming closer. It's not that hard.

• Metronix
    Metronix Member Posts: 226
    Options

I really don't know what everyone is talking about. Its still Autoheaven for me every second match. RPD every 5th.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,612
    Options

I wish i got more RPD, i've been banish to the shadow realm called Coldwind Farm for the 7th time in a row. Someone get me out of here please, oh god it's been days and the corn won't leave me alone.

• GoshJosh
    Options

I guess I’ve had it different. I don’t play PTB, and playing them firsthand in both solo and SWF at least four times.. survivors have never once finished all the gens yet. There are maybe two god pallets per variant, the rest are worthless fillers that can’t even be mindgamed (take that one outside the east wing near the main entrance, for example. What is that?). It’s like most of the pallets were put just for killers to break for extra BP and Rift challenges.

As if the main lobby area vault drops weren’t great to begin with, as I feared, Superior Anatomy and/or Bamboozle make them a complete death sentence without Balanced Landing. And as bad as the west wing basement spawn was before, now there’s one less pathway to it! Imagine being hooked in there, 100% death sentence. I think I’ll wait until map rotations are back to normal to play survivor again. I suspect many will still be dodging these terrible non-DbD maps.

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605
    Options

"RPD iS SuRVivOR SiDEd"

Also RPD : 80% kill rate

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    edited September 2022
    Options

I don’t know why some people think the new maps are more survivor side than the old version, I think I won all four or five games I’ve played on them so far (twice with Wesker, the other times with other killers).

• The new maps are each smaller than the old version.
    • There are no more dead end rooms so navigating the maps is a lot easier. Even if you don’t know the exact path to get somewhere you can just kind of head in that direction and get there. It’s a lot more like Lery’s now in that respect than the old version was.
    • Most of the pallets are gameable. There’s some god pallets but that’s true on all the maps.
    • The only issue these maps still have is totem spawns on the upper floor covering the ground floor but that’s also not unique to RPD and the lack of dead ends above helps you reach those totem spots more easily as killer now compared to the old version.

I don’t know exactly where these maps fall on the kill rate scale compared to all the maps in the game but when I see comments that these new RPD maps are “the most survivor sided maps in the game” and are “worse than the old one” I’m really skeptical just based on my experience so far. Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised if Fractured Cowshed is actually still the best survivor map in terms of escape rate (last year it had the highest escape rate of any map, including over the old version of RPD.)

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,992
    Options

Tbh, for me, I escaped almost all of my matches on RPD, the only match I havent was against a Plague that hard tunneled me out (I mean I ran her for 4 generators but still a bummer nonetheless).

• DBDVulture
    Options

Is there a source for that? Do we have open kill rate data on maps - especially newly released versions?

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,098
    Options

I don’t think it’s fair to call it a new map. It’s really just an old map with some alterations. Still confusing to navigate (both roles ). Still annoying to play as an m1 killer.

I don’t agree that it’s boring, just don’t want this to be a common theme with BHVR where they alter an old map and call it new and cut down on actually releasing new maps.

• Kirahie
    Kirahie Member Posts: 354
    Options

Kill rates literally prove nothing without looking at the smaller picture.

Based on kill rates, blight and nurse clearly need buffs to make them as good as the other killers right?

You have to look at the massive influx of new players and the fact rpd is literally 90 percent of maps right now. I played 7 matches yesterday and every single one was rpd with no offerings. Couple that high map rate with a bunch of new survivors throwing themselves at killers and you get 80%.

• Kirahie
    Options

Yes, but to say that it's killer sided is patently false. The bad information is the issue of the post not the map being terrible.

• Kirahie
    Options

If you don't care about the topic of the discussion, their is no reason to weigh in. Make your own topic saying you hate the map.

• danielmaster87
    Options

Another RE map would have been nice, but a big change to a current map is just as good as a new map. Even still, people are calling the game boring when we've got 3 new characters, 3 additional characters through cosmetics, and 9 new perks. How is that a bad turnout?

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options
  • Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

It’s gonna be like that for a week or so, always is when a new chapter releases.

• DBDVulture
    Options

-"How is that a bad turnout?"

VHS has three maps. I stopped playing after a few days but I will give it credit because I never played the same map 5 times in a row.

Thanks to this patch I have played RPD five times in a row. There are more than 20 realms so holy cow can we not have literally 95% of my games on RPD? I am not exaggerating when I say that almost every game I have played has been on RPD.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,098
    Options

I think they may be experiencing burn out. They’ve probably played way too much (I’m guilty of this) and were expecting the chapter to change up the game. It really didn’t. Sure, we got some great, sexy (Carlos), new characters and a cool killer (that still needs work, but that’s nothing new with BHVR) and a reworked map.

I think the game would be served better if the devs would be a bit more daring, radical even, and really change up the mechanics of the game to keep it interesting. You can only run around loops so much until you get fatigued by it.

They need to take pointers from Epic and how hey switch it up with Fortnite. They radically change up the map and introduce new modes to help break up the monotony. One of my favorite things was their limited time “The floor is Lava” mode where lava slowly crept up from the ground until everything was submerged and players had to trek to higher grounds and be prepared to build in order to keep going higher and higher. It was a great change to the staleness that was taking place for me when I played and I was ready to leave for a break but the new modes pulled me back in.

I know they’re entirely different games, but the Devs need to start doing more than giving us new killers whose powered are just a conglomeration of older killer powers and new survivors with meh perks. They could do something like have a limited weekend Ten Perk mode where everyone has the choice of ten perks. Sure it’ll be chaos, but it’ll be fun for the weekend and it would be an optional mode that has no bearing on your MMR.

• Xanderino
    Xanderino Member Posts: 23
    Options

TBF RPD is really hit or miss for both sides. Oh, did you spawn as killer in a corner? The 2 gens on the other end pop. Wanna defend/kick a gen in the upper floor? Goodluck getting to it.

As survivor, oh, you got hooked once? Proxy camped and almost secure death since the killer has it so hard to navigate to other interest points and if they unhook you too fast he loses instantly his momentum.

I swear to god there is no middle ground with this map. You either escape all 4 like nothing happened, or the killer obliterates you since they are proxy camping. So. Damn. Boring. And only the design of it is at fault. They did the most lazy thing which was close a part of the RPD and slapping god pallets to compensate. BHVR is really on a bad streak with maps lately.

• danielmaster87
    Options

Sorry. I've had better luck with map variation than that. I go to RPD maybe twice in a row.