How would you rework The Shape?

Options

While keeping the core fundamentals of stalking and tiering up, how would you rework The Shape?

Personally, I think he needs a rework, but some others would disagree and that's fine. I just want to see what people would like to see.

Comments

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024
    Options

He definetely need some stealth related power.On his films he appear of nowhere and really fast.

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 746
    Options

I'm imagining like a sort of quick "side step" mechanic. If I remember correctly, there's a scene where Lori is looking right at him, it cuts to him, cut to her, then back at him and he's gone. Like how does that happen!

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,455
    Options

I think the whole thing where you stalk faster if you are closer shouldn't be a thing. Because it prevents being able to stalk from long distances which i think would be a lot more fun for both sides.

Evil Within 3 should get paused when carrying a survivor and during that time survivor would no longer be exposed. There would be a common add-on to make it so EW3 would still be active when carrying incase people wanted that.

Evil Within 3 would increase speed to 4.8m/s so that you can feel it more.

Evil Within 1 movement speed would be 4.4m/s. He still wouldn't have a lunge and cannot gain bloodlust so i think it's fair.

The sound effect that played when he has reached 85% would return and this would make counter play easier and it's a scary sound effect so that's good.

Add-on changes :

Tacky Earrings : Evil Within 3 will continue when carrying a survivor.

Blond Hair : No longer increases the amount of evil required

Jewllery : Reworked, i don't have an idea for that.

Hair brush : Amount of evil required reduced to 25% from 50%

Glass Fragmant : Added effect - allows you to stalk during evil within 3. This allows you to find survivors.

Jewllery Box : Increased Stalking movement speed to 50% from 30%

Tombstone Piece : Requires survivors to have been hooked twice. No longer increases amount of evil.

Lock of Hair : Evil required reduced to 75% from 100%

Judith's Tombstone : Requires survivors to have been hooked once.

Fragrant Tuft of Hair : Makes evil within 3 permanent, but removes the buffs that evil within 3 normally gives. Reduced vaulting speed, reduced lunge and normal movement speed.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Just make him start at 110% in T1 instead of 105% and give him ghost faces lean and myers is fine.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,783
    edited September 2022
    Options

As a Mikey main I don't think he needs a full rework. His power as a concept is fine and fits him thematically with his character from the movies. I don't want them to strip Mikey of feeling like himself like they did with Freddy.

Here are my ideas for some quality of life changes that would put him in a more comfortable spot while still feeling like the boogeyman;

• Let him start with his tier 1 at 99%. That way he can begin the match oblivious and get a potential grab on some unsuspecting survivor, or he can tap himself into tier 2 as soon as he sees a survivor if he likes.
    • Have stalk regenerate on survivors if he has not stalked them for X amount of time.
    • Remove the distance/stalk rate feature. In the movies Michael was always stalking his victims from afar not up close, so it doesn't make sense his stalk rate is slower the further away he is. Its not that way for Ghostface so it shouldn't be for Mikey either.
    • When in tier 3 he should break pallets faster too. He already has the massive lunge and fast vault speed in tier 3. Make him a complete monster and have him shred pallets faster too. This is supposed to be Mikey at his most powerful so show it. In the movies he puts his fist through doors and stuff like they're paper.
  • dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

If it were up to me I’d just make Infinite Evil how his base kit works and replace the Infinite Evil add-on with something else. Honestly that mode is more fun than the base kit where you have to keep charging the ability up over and over. It’s also why I enjoy the Mirror add-ons, you either start out and stay at Evil 1 from the beginning or you quickly get to Evil 2 and stay there, no need to keep charging and recharging the power repeatedly.

The only hitch would be making Infinite Evil base kit as is would mean having an additional add-on slot while playing that way which could make it slightly too easy to reach Evil 3 quickly. So you might have to slow the charge time down a bit with it being base kit. But otherwise I think it would be a good way to make him both more fun to play and also buff him a bit.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

I would also give him some type of ability to get to gens a bit faster. Not a teleport per say. Like he goes behind an object and disappears, then reappears near an object like in the movies. That way he can get pressure too but put that on a timer. Put yours and mine together and he'd be terrifying. A walking terror.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

His power should remain mostly the same, but there are some tweaks I'd make.

Stalking mechanic:

-There shouldn't be a limit to how much you can stalk someone.

-You stalk the same amount regardless of distance.

-Progression now reverts back to tier 1 after tier 3 goes away.

Tier 1:

-Base movement speed up to the normal 115%.

-still undetectable

-remove the penalty to lunge

-increased stalk rate with lower maximum stalk meter so you're able to get out of tier 1 faster.

Tier 2: Mostly unchanged

-Slightly slower stalking and slightly larger meter than tier 1.

Tier 3:

-Removed the exposed affect(more on this later)

-Slightly slower stalking and slightly larger meter than tier 2.

-Same increases as before but also includes a 5% buff to movement speed.

-You can now break through pallets and breakable walls. You can now hold the stalk button while in tier 3 and walking forward to break through any dropped pallet or breakable wall. This isn't instantaneous, it has an animation, but it's still a faster animation than breaking normally.

-using this causes the stalk meter to drain much faster than normal.

-once tier 3 is finished you revert back to tier 1 and become undetectable again.

These changes are to make him feel more accurate to the movies, as well as making him much stronger in chases as he gets stronger, since he doesn't have a power that helps in the 4v1 aspect. This would also make him decent all throughout the match instead of just once or twice a match

There's also some add-on changes that would need to be made. Most could stay the same as far as stalking goes, but a few others would need changed.

Scratch mirror:

-keep permanent tier 1 but reduce the ability to see auras to 12m. (With the buffs to his tier 1 he doesn't need a 32m aura reading ability.)

Boyfriend's memo:

-complete rework(due to not having a lunge penalty anymore.

-new effect- When stalking a survivor for at least 3 seconds they become your new obsession.

(This will create more synergies with more of his add-ons and perks, as well as some new perks that a lot of other killers don't get value out of.)

Fragrant tuft of hair:

-same effect, still greatly increases the amount required to get to tier 3, but it makes it permanent.

-removes the ability to stalk while in tier 3. (This makes it to where you can't break through pallets and walls as you can't stalk, adding a balance to his unlimited tier 3 power)

Tombstone piece: grants the ability to healthy and injured survivors of they're the obsession and have reached their second hook state. Once used your meter is drained back to tier 1. (Removes the penalty to reach tier 3, however makes this add-on much more balanced. You still have the ability to kill a survivor without chasing them, but it comes with multiple trade offs listed above.)

Judith's tombstone:

-complete reworked

- new effect- while in tier 3 survivors are inflicted with the exposed status effect.

-Removes the increase to movement speed while in tier 3.

The perk changes are to ensure synergy with his power, while removing some of the annoying oppressive parts of his old kit. It reduces the hard to counter affects of stacking iri addons or the tombstone piece, and promotes a wider range of combinations.

All of this would work to redefine him as a stalking killer that hunts his obsession relentlessly with a more consistent rise and fall gameplay cycle that keeps his ability to perform all throughout the match.

• JackFrostMan
    JackFrostMan Member Posts: 204
    Options

I would probably alter Tier 1 to be 4.4 instead of 4.2 and make Tier 3 have faster pallet/breakable wall destruction and maybe like a minor Enduring effect (like 15-20% at most). I think that would be all, really.

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 452
    Options

Remove tombstone piece. The amount of times my team has fed a full tier 3 to a Myers with that and I die with like 2k bloodpoints to that bullshit is way too often.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    edited September 2022
    Options

I'd delete his tiering up. Its dumb. Instead I'd give him his stealth at 115 triggerable with CTRL with a cooldown and make it so survivors can only knock him out of stealth if he starts a chase with them. I'd make his right click ability his stalk and make it perform as normal. If the person he's stalking gets fully stalked he gets to insta down them. Period. No team wide insta down unless you actually do the stalking on each individual survivor.

As for his other traits like pallet breaking, and vault speed, and lunge distance, I'd give him those in the form of add ons that do multiple things at once. For instance, an add on that increases lunge distance and vault speed, and another add on that gives him a minor increase for faster pallet breaking and a minor stun reduction from pallets.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

His biggest issue is definitely that there is a limited amount of stalk, so you end up either brining addons to increase stalk or bring permanent tier 3. I think there should be some decay with stalking, whether it be anytime you aren't in chase it decays for a percentage. Or every time a survivor is hooked everyone loses a percentage of stalk.

So yeah that's what I would do, make it so one person can't hide all game and prevent you from being able to get anymore Tier 3s. Remove increased stalk addons, have addons that change the decay numbers. Have add-ons that have interactions with obsession but with a draw back to everyone else.