What Map right now do you think deserves a rework right now?

Options

As the title says, im interested in what you all believe should be the next map to get hit with a rework or significant changes after the new RPD rework just dropped.

I do think both Garden of Joy and Eyrie of Crows need changes currently, but they are more recent maps, so i think Mothers Dwelling personally needs a rework or changes to the map layout currently, as i do think its pretty unfriendly to most killers in its current state right now

(i also would say Ormond again, but it got reworked once already, still is one of my least favorite maps)

Comments

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Red Forest,Eerie of Crows and Garden of Joy

• Brix
    Brix Member Posts: 104
    Options

Swamp and red Forest maps are due for a makeover

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Shelter Woods first and foremost. There is nothing of interest in the map, there is no special tile, there is no main building, there is no special mechanic, its just dead zone with filler loops at the edges. Cant even stealth as either side on the map

• Blizer
    Blizer Member Posts: 43
    Options

Oh yeah Swamp sucks ass aswell lmao

fuck, that is quite a laundry list for BHVR regarding maps

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Azarov’s Resting Place and Suffocation Pit, along with all the realms mentioned in the comments above mine. RPD (in any of the forms we’ve been given so far) should be removed from rotation completely.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 877
    Options

I think Springwood could do with a revamp. There are lots of variations of that map which is nice, but its looking very dated next to new Haddonfield. I'd like to see the school building being extended a bit and the surrounding area beefed up.

I'd also really like to see the actual Elm street house but don't know if it's licenced.

I'd like them to rework Hawkins as a NEST lab as part of the RE content. I used to dislike the map but it offered some much needed variety.

I also think the swamp maps need mixing up. I can't stand them.

• fantasi117
    fantasi117 Member Posts: 4
    Options

How about you delete all the F@cken indoor map? Especially the new Resident evil map. Can't run, can't find gen, get cock block by other survivors every single F@cken time I try to run the killer. My biggest enemy were never the killer, it's the teammates I somehow got matched up with. Also how is ur match making work cause most of the time, the team I play with seem like they are acting like bot more than actual human being playing the game as a prestige 5 gold 1. They don't kow how to run the killer, barely do gen, and as soon as they hear heart beat them MF crouch to a bush or a corner near by and hide, and they won't do gen until they stop hearing the heart beat, or they get chase by the killer waste every single pallets, or they will actually run into a wall and don't even change direction, and they never type in chat. Every game I test my theory by typing in chat too see if other survivors say something back and 9/10 if the other survivors say something back to me, that game we will always escape with a 3/4 if not 4/4.

But yeah delete all your god D@mn indoor maps or rework to make them outdoor, or rework to make them partially indoor instead om completely indoor.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,407
    Options

Well Red Forest and Backwater Swamp are still due a Realm Beyond update.

Beyond that, Garden of Joy and the Badham variations without a shadow of a doubt.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,254
    edited September 2022
    Options

I hate the Nightmare On Elm Street (Springwood) realm - Ruins my mood every time I get it. I don't care if it's based on the remake the school sucks, every tile on the map sucks and it makes me want to afk / dc on either role. I play it out but usually after this realm I'm done with DBD for the night.

What would I do with it? More focus on making a map that splices together the school and dream realm. For example I see the boiler room and I don't feel like it's the boiler room - It's just a room with a small furnace in it. As much as I hate Garden of Joy that map does a better job at being a Nightmare on Elm Street map than the actual Springwood map thematically. Balance wise I hate both of them though.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Backwater Swamp and Red Forest (specifically Mother's Dwelling). Especially the swamp, though.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

I mean I would argue RPD again

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,158
    Options

Swamp and Red Forest

Swamp is so bad in so many ways

Aesthetic, Balance, RNG

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Not so much an entire map, but a couple of map related items I'd like to see be tweaked are

• Move some of the totem spawns in specific two story buildings that are particularly hard to reach down to the ground floor. One that comes to mind for instance is the totem spawn at the top of the second floor ramps in Ironworks which take a long time to reach to snuff a Boon totem on them but which simultaneously cover a wide area of the center of that map. The totem in the bottom level of Badham Preschool buildings is another example, it takes a while to reach and then get back but it covers the entire central portion of the map.
    • The upper floor of the house in the Garden of Joy is way too dark. Dim lighting to be spooky is great, no lighting to the extent that it's literally impossible to see the walls of that entire part of the house is too much. I should at least be able to see where I'm walking during the game, pitch black areas like that upper floor of that house really are a nuisance in my opinion.

• scenicpickle
    scenicpickle Member Posts: 265
    Options

the map is better but i think it needs some more work any one else think it just feels small maybe its just all the wesker games and his giant terror radius and such a narrow map makes it feel like im always in danger

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,352
    Options

Swamp is the most in need with Red Forest close behind.

Garden of Joy and Eyrie of Crows also suck but they ain't gonna do anything with newer maps so meh.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 632
    Options

Everyone, because the old map were much more beautiful and nice to play . Remove the moon was the worst ideia.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

That's a really difficult question. There are so many maps that are unbalanced. For me I'd probably say Springwood.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

Red Forest and Blackwater Swamp are the two realms that are still in the OG style.

As much as I want those to stay, theyre likely up next.