Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I can allready see way less Wesker players

I quess it's slowly coming back to normal games. I wonder what will be his avarage pickrate after he gets fixed, probably still decent.

Maybe players play him less and less because how buggy he is and also maybe getting bored of him.

Comments

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I guess most people already P3-P9'd him and stopped playing.

I'm bad at saving up BPs so I'm still playing him

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

This happens to all new killers, hype is dying after 3 - 4 days.

But probably Wesker will be one of the most popular killers, hope his bugs get fixed soon.

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,373

Well we will see they just confirmed some changes upcoming to fix him

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I went against him a few times yesterday still. And I only played lke 5 or 6 matches.

But yeah, I could imagine his hit box and bugs being one of the reasons why less people are playing him as well. I am still hoping they at least release a quick hotfix in the next patch, that at least addresses his hitbox. Fix the bugs with it, and maybe increase it to 25 or 30 cm, or something in between. And then we'll probably see more wesker players again for a few days. That will also make his other bugs more bearable.

I know I am still playing him however. He is still very fun to play regardless in my opinion.

• Peppa_Pigsaw
    Peppa_Pigsaw Member Posts: 184

First impressions is drastically important for a lot of people. In fact when it comes to games there was some sort of study that showed that about twoish hours into a game, if you aren't hooked, most people stop playing. I imagine for Wesker it's exactly that. He hit PTB, was praised and spread around as being this very strong or at least solid killer. Launch day arrives and most people are in uproar about his bugs and how bad he feels to play.

A lot of people played him launch day, said "wow this feels awful" and now it's likely that Wesker will become a lesser played killer even when he inevitably gets changed.

• RinsDoormat
    RinsDoormat Member Posts: 121

He effectively has no power right now.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

Depends. Blight became really popular after he got several changes nearly back to back that put him in a much better spot.

People will play Wesker if his issues get resolved and he ends up being a fun to play killer.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

Nah. First of all, he still has map traversal and slowdown. Grabs are more like sniper rifle now, therefore I don't bother with flicks and just grab survivors in front of me.

I did his personal achievement, maybe a couple more games, because he somewhat fun, let's give him that, and then back to my short wet girl.

• Peppa_Pigsaw
    Peppa_Pigsaw Member Posts: 184

I think Blight is fairly different of a beast. Blight was much the opposite, being nearly unplayable on PTB but instead was MOSTLY fine on launch. The main thing people really asked about for Blight if memory serves was his FOV being a lot better. I think quite a few of us remember Goblin mode Blight.

Wesker was somewhat functional on PTB but now is completely nonfunctional on Live. There is a distinct difference in that. People expect PTB content to be a bit busted, live releases are another story entirely.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Hope his power remains dodge-able after the fix, though not to such a ridiculous degree.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

Blight also got the ability to break pallets in 4.2.2 hotfix (not on release) which was a pretty huge change as well.

4.6.0 was the PoV change along with some additional collision detection changes.

4.7.1 changed the turn rate and sensitivity for controllers which was important for making blight playable on console.

It wouldn't be fair to say he was fine on release as he was largely unplayable on console for the longest time. He got a lot of needed work going live from ptb, but his ptb was also an older version of blight so we don't actually know what got changed due to feedback or things that were already changed that just weren't put on the ptb.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495

Probably people getting his adept the first couple days, now it's going to go down some..... I've already been seeing more variety.

• SgtMittens
    SgtMittens Member Posts: 249

I said in another thread that my unfamiliarity with the character makes him unappealing to play even aesthetically. He looks like a middle school gym teacher with wraparound Oakleys.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

Never saw him much to begin with. First day of chapter release I never went against him, last night I got a few but it was probably only half my matches.

Personally, although I’ve already P1’d him, I’m not going to play him until they fix at least some of his bugs.

• Chaellooo
    Chaellooo Member Posts: 106

Why would players get bored of Wesker? He's the most fun killer released in a while. His pick rate dropped because of his pathetic hitbox and bugs. I'm sure he will be a popular pick after they fix him..

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,714

PS4 crossplay off. Played the last two days about 10 games both days and I had Wesker in all of them but two, which were instead a Blight and a Freddy.

I can't speak for everywhere else but he seems to be super popular on Playstation.

• Tendaris
    Tendaris Member Posts: 1

Pretty much every game I play I get him, getting sick of him. Switched over to play killer just so I don't have to see him

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

he's a lot more fun than dredge that's for sure, I will play him a lot when they buff hitbox and fix bugs

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Expect even more when his hitbox change is added

• get_barted
    get_barted Member Posts: 207

To be fair, his hit box is messed up. The hitbox for him on survivors is smaller than his body.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

I don't disagree, It's good that BHVRs quickly recognised an issue and is working on rectifiying it

• get_barted

Lets jsut hope they buff Blast Mine after the nerf/bug fix they did on it

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

It's because he's a buggy mess. Hes really fun to play but when the bugs kick in it just gets old after a bit.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

Gotta say that one made no sense. It takes most of a gen to even activate that perk, it's time limited once you apply it, and there's no guarantee the killer is going to fall for it. Sad of all, it's not that effective. It's annoying for a few secs, then that's it. You may get one use out of it the whole trial. It's a wasted perk slot unless your going for a blinding tome entry and you need a backup for the flash grenades/flashlight.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I didn't have much time to play lately but i did sneak in his adept yesterday

Going to be able to experiment with perks now so I'll be playing Wesker more atleast

When i have time...

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Oh thank god maybe my Wesker streak will finally be over

• StrangeGuy
    StrangeGuy Member Posts: 48

This is sad.

I miss PTB when I had been playing vs Wesker for seven days in a row :(

• get_barted

It was also good for solo q because it rarely affected the killer, so you got it back. When you apply it, it highlights the gen in yellow for the other survivors, so they knew where I was and didnt run the killer that direction during a chase. It was a good info perk.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I played for the first time since the patch yesterday, got 1 wesker out of my 5 survivor games who was in position to actually grab me exactly one time and then blinked through me like a nurse, that put me off trying him myself.

• MobTalon
    MobTalon Member Posts: 20

Even if he gets hot fixed I think he won't be as popular as people make him seem. Sure, he won't go through survivors as often, but I sure hope he still needs some precision to catch them, so he can be a bit more on the skillful side.

I like vsing him and I'm eager to play him (I have him but I'm prestiging him first to also upgrade a ton of perks), but I sure hope he doesn't become that popular so that I don't have to vs him every single game. Too much of anything will be boring, just like Nurse players before the omega blink fix, they were everywhere, but now I see a bit more variety.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,610

I've been so disappointed by that mess of a killer that I've not played DbD since last Wednesday.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494
  • WalterBlack
    WalterBlack Member Posts: 148
    edited September 2022

Wesker feels absolutely horrible to play. Hopefully it's fixed as soon as next tuesday. Until then, no Wesker for me.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Time for Nurse. Lets go!

• RavenBirb
    RavenBirb Member Posts: 470

NGL his power idea is really cool, his use out of it is simple and boring, i kinda wish he had more to him

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 643

I'm probably weird then, judging by all the comments here, but playing Wesker has been the most fun I've had in DbD in a very long time and he doesn't feel horrible to play at all to me.

• 6659Leg
    6659Leg Member Posts: 102

I have him but I'm gonna refuse to play him until he gets fixed (bugs and his atrocious hitbox on VB)

I simply refuse to literally cripple myself by playing a character who's power itself is crippled by piss poor coding and implementing. So until he's fixed,I'm sticking with hunk (which despite his animations being bugged,you can play the guy as you normally would.)