Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The devs have given you the key to SOLVING FACECAMPING...

.... all you have to do is run the perk.

ReassuranceYour presence helps allies focus, assuaging the panic associated with extreme conditions.

• When within 6 metres of a hooked Survivor
  • , press the Active Ability button to halt their Sacrifice Process for the next 30 seconds.
    • If the hooked Survivor has already entered the Struggle Phase, its Skill Checks
    •  are paused for that duration.

Reassurance can only be used once per Hook instance

(( The problem is, this requires survivors to actually give up a perk slot.. something survivors don't want to do apparently))

Ultimate troll from BHVR:

Surivor - "Facecamping is out of control"

BHVR - "Use Reassurance"

LOVE IT

Comments

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

I've ran the perk a bit and it is good for stopping camping 6m is really close. I think 10 would be a bit better. I said in another post think about having to get within 6m of a facecamping bubba.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

It was never going to solve camping unless you're in a 4 man running it on every survivor. I barely see this perk, even when Rebecca is in the lobby. Most are using hyperfocus builds and not bothering with this. I've seen this perk once since the chapter dropped. And if the killer really wants that 1 kill, he is still getting it. Reassurance doesn't unhook the survivor. If the killer wants he can just keep standing there.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,410

Can you even activate it on someone from above basement? I tried a couple times on different maps and couldn't get close enough.

• Sabraiz
    Sabraiz Member Posts: 566
    edited September 2022

You cannot use it from above into the basement. It does work through floors of RPD, Midwich, The Game and Léry's though.

And honestly there is no reason for it to be usable like that. Boons are already too strong being usable endlessly up and down.

Post edited by Sabraiz on
  • TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

Reassurance can be helpful but it needs a range extension or duration extension. Right now, there are too many other perks that are far more useful to run it.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,610

Camping is so much of an issue virtually nobody seems to use it.

On another hand, when I play survivor, camping is relatively rare so it makes sense to use other perks.

• WorthlessBeing
    WorthlessBeing Member Posts: 378

I agree with people saying the range should be a bit bigger.

• threeQuinn
    threeQuinn Member Posts: 51

Just gotta pay 12$, then level a character to p3, or p1 and upgrade it on your main, only to be able to use it on others, and not be safe yourself. And that's a maybe that it'll work or be able to be used, at the cost of a perk slot. I can't believe anyone at BHVR thought this would solve camping, it's probably meant just as another gimmicky tool that might occur once in a while just like many perks.

Some version of a timer pause needs to be made basekit for killers that are too close to the hook. Or something like how the EGC timer slows down when there's injured survivors.

• Make the killer hitting hooked survivors pause the timer for like 5s.
    • After the killer has spent x seconds within x meters of a hooked survivor, the timer is paused or slowed.
    • Remove unhook grabbing to encourage immediate hits and remove the boring staring competition.
  • Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,283

Idk. If they really wanted to do sth about hard camping they would've made Reassurance basekit. - But as is? Spend 10 bucks to get the DLC, sacrifice a perkslot (and to actually buy enough time at least two people need to do that if the killer is running some passive slowdown/NWO) and then get close enough to actually use it which drastically limits the situations where it can be used in the first place? Wasn't the whole point of the perk rework in summer to not have perks that have to be equipped by default to make the game playable?

• Moonras2
    Moonras2 Member Posts: 362

Need to change the title of the post, it is misleading. It says the devs have given me the key to face camping but without paying for it I don't have the perk. I've not bought a chapter in ages and have no desire too. Perks like this should be made general perks and free if they are meant to help core game issues.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,410

Imo it should work from above basement. How is it the "key to solving facecamping" if it doesn't even work against insidious Bubba waiting on the basement stairs landing.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

The bait in this is iconic.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Nope.

You have to be downstairs, like actually on the floor where the hooked survivor is.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Ok, where did i get the perk from the devs? Because i am not buying the chapter due to the state the game is in, and you say its given to us, not we have to buy it.

IF that perk is needed to solve a problem with a mechanic, then this game really turned into pay-to-win (or at least pay-to-not-lose-by-default).

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

The problem with the perk is that to combat hard camping the best way is to rush gens, but if you want to buy time with Reassurance you have to go to the hook and not be doing gens, so that additional time is essentially wasted. Imo the perk is more useful in endgame scenarios, and still very niche.

• SimplyPixelated06
    SimplyPixelated06 Member Posts: 469
    edited September 2022

Reassurance isn't really worth running in solo queue, first of all. And you have to buy Rebecca or buy the chapter in order to access it, and it'll be this way for a while until is eventually is in the shrine, you can't expect everyone to buy it.

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    edited September 2022

Extend its range or even remove it completely, That's if devs REALLY want to minimize hard/facecamping in soloQ mainly

Other than that, it's useless in soloQ and only useful in SWF which don't even need it to counter camping as they are usually coordinated.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939

For Solo Q, it's scarely been useful. I can't see how it's better than Kinship.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

I fully agree with this and I was annoyed that it came out as a bandaid/perk solution in the first place, but my hope was at least that the threat of Reassurance would have stopped people from playing Basement Bubba and we might have had more killers that didn't even try to facecamp (or with Reassurance, they would have been driven to leave the hook and play normally.) Currently Reassurance is too weak to discourage them.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,225

The solution to a bad mechanic can't come from a perk. Especially when survivors don't have the ability to coordinate loadouts and killer picks are hidden. The game can't be both completely anti-competitive in how lobbies and builds are formed but at the same time reliant on counterpicks for balance. That's asinine.

Furthermore, Reassurance isn't even the solution people think it is. Go ahead and throw the game by getting within 6 meters of a hook against a good killer. Especially a good one shot killer or Huntress/Trickster. The range needs to be consistent with Camaraderie/Kinship for it to be consistently worthwhile. I've been in a 4 stack where the hook location/killer was sketchy enough for us to decide that it wasn't even worth trying to proc Reassurance. Great perk. Good camping solution.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,282

As it is with most of the perks in the game, its kinda p2w.

• 6659Leg
    6659Leg Member Posts: 102

When I saw OP point out survivors don't like to spend a perk slot,I knew the man drank coffee. Yes,perks shouldn't be necessary but let's be honest,most survivors are going to run the strongest perks they can to avoid having a hard time in game (No timmy,no one cares that you're at low to mid level games and using a weird build)

I know this because every survivor I met before the nerfening patch used DS,DH,and IW on repeat. Now it's OTR,DH,PT,and a another perk. That's the issue,doesn't matter how hard they can try,they're not gonna give up a perk slot if it means sacrificing a strong perk.

This also goes hand in hand with killer,same exact patch,every survivor went over to kill and copy pasted the exact same builds with hardly any diversity.

If the perk isn't worth for the perk slot by being incredibly powerful then they'll simply ask for it to be basekit. Happened with BT and now it's more apparent now that it's 10s. Cant really win with this crowd tho.

Tldr: Survivors can't play without their same perk load out every game

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862

Kinship is better, tbh.