How would you feel if a mini corrupt intervention got made base kit?

Options

Title.

I would personally like it and it would make me feel as though I have a chance against players who split gens, without being forced to run corrupt.

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

I guess it depends on how it worked. I am a bit iffy on it. A little something, something to help with the early game, especially for slow burn killers would be a nice quality of life, but it has the potential to be "too much."

I always preferred the idea of Lethal being base kit instead. Especially with how garbo some of the spawns are.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707
    Options

Lethal pursuer helps with the early game and snowball effect. Most of my games a survivor is injured after 20 seconds.

• miniwengsel
    miniwengsel Member Posts: 376
    Options

I think this is a great Idea. Like 20sec or so, that whould be enouth. To give the Killer time to setup or reach the Survivor spawns

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 658
    Options

Having a gen finished quickly is better than having multiple gens being worked on at the same time.

• Patchouli_Knowledge
    Patchouli_Knowledge Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2022
    Options

Nah I see you don't know effective SWF play very well... grouping on one gen at first is not bad at all, in fact it's an extremely good strategy... Killer would have a hard time finding the one gen you are on, and it would often be done before they even find anyone. If they do find you, they can only chase one person anyway, and the others can quickly re-tap the gen, stop it from regressing and finish it anyway (and when a gen is finished, the killer can no longer regress it). The speed penalty of working together is nothing compared to the huge benefits.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,954
    Options

On one hand I think "yes, this would help killers when they are struggeling the most, ie in early game" and it would also help the slow killers without mobility most, who are often considered to be the weakest in the game, BUT I really, really REALLY don't want everyone demanding more and more stuff to be basekit. The killers already got the pretty generous Brutal Strength and STBFL as semi-basekit. Mind you, that is not exactly the same, as this was a blanket balance patch that helped killers getting back on track, but it still fits the bill.

We already got a pretty good basekit now and while corrupt would be very nice and probably lead to more interesting games, I really want to close this pandoras box TIGHT.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,473
    Options

I really want a corrupt intervention to be basekit because not only does it make killer less stressful it also reduces the chance of a 3-gen when playing survivor.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

Current Corrupt could fill the slot for basekit. Then revert for the perk.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,731
    Options

You should play with an aura reveal information perks, Lethal Pursuer, Bitter Murmur, Darkness revealed until you know possible survivor locations like the back of your hand.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

Killers already got a lot of mini-basekit during 6.1. As much as Corrupt helps in early game, it would be too much for the balance in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind a mini Lethal though, just seeing the auras for 3 seconds or something. That way survivors could start their objective, but at their own risk.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

All gens or just a few?

Because all would be coznterproductive and just make survivors hide the whole time, making it dead time nobody is really playing.

I'd rather have something softer like -20% repair speed until a gen is done or x minutes have passed. Dont get your pitchforks it was just an example.

A better solution would be reworking how gens work. If they were more engaging or "more prone to mistakes" than just holding m1, then thered be natural slowdown or chances for the killer to intercept a gen.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

I'd prefer bloodwarden basekit

Then at least survivors would know to bloody leave

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

I would just have the Entity block all generators for the first 15 seconds of the match. Gives killer roughly enough time to locate the general area of a survivor.

• shiroo
    shiroo Member Posts: 178
    edited September 2022
    Options

Considering Killer is now a walk on the beach No. And not all killers need that. It's a perk for a reason so killers who need it can use it. Making it basekit would make other killers even more powerful.

The only indication of a Survivors location at the start of the match is the location of gens. If you block them all, survivors will just hide and wait it out and you will gain absolutely nothing from that.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

If you mean current corrupt then yeah I would like that.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

I wouldn't be against such a buff, but only once survivors have gotten some more buffs. Right now they are in more need of some help.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    edited September 2022
    Options

Would be a great change if Lethal Pursuer didn't exist. Seeing the whole team clustered at the start, especially on a mobility Killer, is insanely good as is. Making it every game would suck to play against.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 950
    Options

I'd be for this if they removed the base chase changes honestly.

I'd also rather they'd add a 6th gen than make gens 90s, makes solo working on gens without perks super boring.

• Vampwire
    Vampwire Member Posts: 704
    Options

It would definitely help. When you say mini I assume like a 40 second block on gens. It would make splitting up on early gens at least a little riskier since you have to go out into the map where the killer potentially is roaming. I only worry that it will make the meta killers even stronger than they are now. Nurse or Blight with built in corrupt? You're just making them better than they already are now. That's why it's hard to implement base kit perk effects for killers. The strength and strategies for each and everyone of them varies so much that you can potentially tip the scale in one characters favor too much.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

Yes, killers need more buffs. I prefer a surv starts the trial hooked, so killer could start camping since the start of the trial

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,321
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418
    Options

The difference is that pre-update, a killer could just hit a survivor straight off the hook and put them straight back on. This made for grossly unfair/unfun gameplay - particularly for solo-queue and new players. BHVR fairly balanced this massive survivor buff by buffing many aspects of killer gameplay. To name a few: base-kit STBFL, reduced gen-speeds, reduced survivor speed-boost from injury, no end-game 2nd chance perks, and buffed bloodlust. Call me biased, but I would argue this was already a fair trade-off for base kit BT, which I'll add, only affects you if you hit a survivor off the hook - if you don't play this way, you won't even notice base kit BT.

The whole update was very killer-sided, which was fair because survivors dominated for too long. However, they need to look at statistics from the recent update before even considering base-kit Corrupt. If the statistic shows killer rates have increased (which I'd bet a lot they have), adding base-kit Corrupt will just be overkill. The buffed-gen speeds are already enough and there are countless perks/addons which enable you to get early-game pressure.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    Options

Because preventing someone from getting farmed/tunneled off hook immediately is totally the same thing as giving killers more slowdown

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,602
    Options

It's about that time. Survivors now get BT and Hope+Blight Serum for free.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,602
    Options

How long are y'all gonna refer to this recent 'killer-sided update' as the reason why the game is fine for killers universally? It's not. Trapper, Pig, and Ghost Face are still nowhere near Nurse and Blight level, and even they lose a lot. There are not countless ways of getting early game pressure; you're still losing from the get-go as killer. That hasn't changed, because you can't be everywhere at once. If survivors have to a do a gen for 10 more seconds, they can cry me a river. Killers have spent an additional minute getting 1 person down 1 time because of absolutely safe loops, second chance perks, and body blockers, which became stronger because of the "killer-sided update".

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 426
    Options

No, Solo Queue is already very difficult the way it is.

Honestly, if I'd get even more gutted for playing without friends, then I'd probably decide to abandon the game for good.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,240
    Options

Both camping and tunneling need to be nerfed and then killers can get current corrupt and BBQ as basekit I would like grim embrace as basekit with potentially 2 time use but it should not activate if you kill one survivor. It would ecourage going for 12 hooks but im not sure would it be too strong because half of the games I play as killer I can already win that way.

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418
    Options

Objectively speaking, the update was killer sided. Aside from the BT base-kit, survivors got tons of nerfs and even the 'buffed' 'new meta' perks (OTR, Botany, etc.) are still nowhere near as powerful as the old, pre-update survivor meta (DH, DS, etc.). Nor do they compare to the many, many buffs that killers received in the update. Also, mentioning killers that are considered weak by many doesn't mean the update wasn't killer sided - all that does is highlight which killers seriously need a rework/buff to their own, individual basekit, and the glaring holes in their design.

Sure, the gens now "only" take an extra 10 seconds, but that's 50 seconds across all gens, so nearly an extra minute. That also doesn't take into consideration the boring, relentless, gen slow-down/regression meta that a lot of killers are currently using. The update did exactly what it was supposed to: give killers more pressure and slow down gens. Although no 'official' data has been released, no-one can deny kill rates have gone up, and escape rates have gone down. We all know that from our own games.

How did 'second chance' perks and body blocking become stronger because of the update? All the 'second chance' perks that killers complained about (DH, DS) have been nerfed into oblivion and their usage has dropped significantly. The only really strong 'second chance' perk nowadays is OTR. As I said in my previous post, base-kit BT only affects you if you actively hit someone off the hook, and body-blocking is a viable strategy; no different from a killer proxy-camping or tunelling. Sure, not a 'fair' strategy and it sucks to be on the receiving end, but proven time and time again to be effective.

Finally: run Lethal Pursuer if you struggle with early game pressure. Of course killers are 'losing' at the start: isn't that the whole fun of killer to build pressure and get downs? Corrupt base-kit is basically free early-game downs, when killers already get free kills in the EDC because of the patch making DS, OTR, etc useless in the end game.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940
    Options

Or just run the perk tbh, when I play surv I'm always forced to run 2-3 perks like OTR, kindred, bond to make solo Q playable, I have 2 free slots at best, if you get corrupt basekit then killers will 100% still run 4 slowdown perks on top of it, very bad idea

• SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234
    Options

Perk is already a mini version of itself now. Haven't used it since they changed it. See no need to since first down deactivates it.

• NotACompPlayer
    NotACompPlayer Member Posts: 193
    Options

Pain resonance dms noed no way out corrupt is not exactly the epitome of balance

corrupt is still the best killer perk vs any not awful team

it requiring a perk slot is balanced