What are the two perks for both sides that you think are slept on?

Options

For me its certainly tenacity and fearmonger.

Fearmonger's exhaustion effect is really strong and blindness stops them from knowing where the survivor got downed.

Tenacity is the second best anti-slugging perk. Don't know why it's so slept on

Comments

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

Surveillance for killer and Wake UP! for survivor.

• BradQuackson
    BradQuackson Member Posts: 385
    Options

Fearmonger as well, pretty broken. Havent seen anyone try my build yet of Fearmonger, Jolt, Knockout/Thanatophobia/Any Blindness/Agitation for hook pressure if you get the chance to slug and to top it off Discordance for snowball. Only works on Blight and Nurse prob. On Blight I'd use Plaything

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

I see some streamers call for well make it nerf. its honestly really good and the fact that it lasts for 90 seconds is awesome and can be used aggressively

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

I rarely get more value than healing just after unhook, but yes, it's an incredible perk ! Just earlier my lobby pulled off an endgame save with a 5 second heal (We'll Make It + Yellow medkit + 16% healing speed add-on) against a killer that was proxying the hook and nearby door.

(Streamers calling for nerfs ? Color me surprised !)

• Blizer
    Blizer Member Posts: 43
    Options

I think Coup De Grace is quite underrated right now tbh. The increased Lunge range can actually end chases quicker, and makes some decent loops nearly unplayable for survivors. Only issue is that you can only get it when gens are done which sucks, but its super powerful in the right situations.

on Survivor, i think Any means necessary is kinda gimmicky, but its a good perk for solo que, as you get info of where the killer is chasing someone due to the dropped pallets, and the ability to reset some pallets (Espically shack pallet if it isnt destroyed) can be massive for survivors, as you can reset the loop essentially.

• Blizer
    Options

I also think Resurgence is underated aswell for survivors. Saving time is always huge, and cutting the time to heal after unhook is quite significant, and it synergizes with other healing and unhooking perks decently well.

• SpaghettiVase
    SpaghettiVase Member Posts: 341
    Options

Breakdown is extremely underrated. It's a good counter to tunneling, it's a good counter to scourge hooks, it's a good counter to camping. Getting rid of a hook for 3 whole minutes is massive, especially on indoor maps like midwich and RPD. While I don't think it's really slept on, corrupt intervention is still really good but I see so many people go for the first down instead of trying to injury everyone and make the most of the timer. I use it on clown with with the sulfuric acid vial to make healing take longer and i try to injure everyone. With 3 gens you know they can't be on, you only have to check 4 and they are all on the same side of the map usually. By the time Corrupt is about the expire I'm usually midchase and can safely down having made the most of the timer.

• BradQuackson
    Options
  • duygu
    duygu Member Posts: 323
    edited September 2022
    Options

repressed alliance is a game saver in 3 gen situations

and for killer i'd say monstrous shrine, idk if this perk is actually underrated anymore though

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,459
    Options

Ooh i never thought about Breakdown vs Scourge Hooks.

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

Fear monger sucks ass imo. I think it's opposite of slept on but overrated. I think for survivor plunders and balanced landing, and for killer I would say dying light

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

Don't you love seeing your homies working on an exit gate from across the map

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,911
    Options

I've been using it lately and I agree. There's also the benefit of saving medkit charges. A common brown medkit usually has one full heal, but using Resurgence extends its life to two post-hook heals.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Bamboozle? I assume most people know how strong it is, but I am always met with this attitude that they want to mind game the survivor themselves. It is like... Sure, but Bamboozle could still save you from a lot of atrociously designed maps regardless. Not to be rude, but I do not feel a compulsion to outwit a survivor. I kind of just do it on the reg. 😎

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I’ll say Third Seal might be a sleeper because Windows of Opportunity is currently the most used survivor perk and Third Seal hard counters it on top of other aura effects. Yeah it’s a Hex so it doesn’t always last most of the match but while it stays up it’s totally negating the whole reason survivors run Windows, not to mention makes finding slugged and hooked survivors more difficult.

And on the survivor side I’ll go with Breakdown because it directly counters Scourge Hook Pain Resonance, the most used killer perk at the moment. A single rescue from a Scourge Hook in someone with Breakdown removes it from play for a three minute stretch which is quite a long time in a game that only lasts maybe 10 minutes or so on average. Basically if a Pain Resonance hook gets broken that’s potentially denying the killer a significant source of gen regression. And the more survivors who run Breakdown in a match the greater he potential synergy they have.

• BradQuackson
    Options
  • pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901
    Options

Blood Favor for killer and Autodidact for Survivor

• Blizer
    Options

I do agree with Blood Favor, espically on m1 killers.

Ending chases early and keeping up momentum is always huge on killer, and this perk does that. Issue is that its a hex and can be destroyed, but you should get value out of it atleast once per game.

• Triforcer
    Triforcer Member Posts: 179
    Options

Rancor, for the following reasons:

(1) If (like me) you struggle to keep gens from being done quickly, pair it with NWO. When you get to 1 gen (or 2 when you know one will blow quickly), find the obsession and stick on them until gens are done. Mori, and with NWO you still have time to claim another scalp. As long as you find the obsession at broadly the right time, this is a pretty much guaranteed 2K (at least).

(2) If you have someone on hook at endgame, the obsession can't hook bomb (they will probably never risk being farther than 5m from the open gate). That means (unless you have the obsession on hook) you are dealing with at most 2 people - and if you also run STBFL, which I do, 2 survivors can't rescue anyone without a hook trade.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    Options

I've actually started seeing a lot of Fearmonger. It pairs really well with Pain Res/DMS--to prevent survivors from counterplaying the Pain Res/DMS activation combo. Fearmonger is also really good with Call of Brine and Overcharge, for shutting down 3-gens, as survivors will be less likely to gen-tap before taking you on a chase.

And I agree with @SpaghettiVase that Breakdown is massively slept on. Like Vigil, it is one of those perks that starts to break the game if all 4 survivors are running it.

For killer, Play with Your Food has been slept on as of late. Every killer who depends on Bloodlust should be running this perk.

• SailedSavage
    SailedSavage Member Posts: 280
    edited September 2022
    Options

Empathy for Survivor is amazing for tracking killer and making sure your team isn't hiding hurt doing nothing. Let's you know who to save and ignore since they aren't being a team player

• AnnoyingNarrator
    AnnoyingNarrator Member Posts: 222
    Options

Rancor is a perk that provides great utility and lethality as well.

Any Means Necessary is a surprisingly effective information perk along with a situational but powerful resource tool.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 456
    Options

For survivor its easily built to last and hyperfocus.

• K139K05
    K139K05 Member Posts: 217
    Options

I think many people underestimate the power of Cauldrophobia (it's especially good when survivors have boons or self-care and you have Dark Devotion).

We'll Make It is such a nice perk to have and came clutch several times (some matches without it might have ended if I hadn't had it).

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

Make your choice on high mobility killers.

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418
    Options

For survivor, I absolutely love We'll Make It. You can heal a recently unhooked survivor in half the time, and in a matter of seconds if someone else is healing with you. It's seriously slept on considering you can make such a good comeback from pressure applied by the killer. I get value out of it every single game and it's even come in clutch at times. One of the best altruism perks in the game I think.

For killer, I'd say Thrilling Tremors. Just a solid perk that gives you critical information when carrying a survivor. I see it a lot against Ghostface seeing as it's his teachable, but very rarely see it on other killers. Very underrated in my opinion.

• Rise432
    Rise432 Member Posts: 162
    Options

Forced pennance and built to last with medkits

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

Whispers... and IDK I guess Fearmonger for Killer

Vigil and Leader for Survivor

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359
    Options

Distortion, used it for the first time, killer had awakened awareness and bbq. Thank got it gets charges back (why I never used it before)

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,321
    Options

This varies on the killer but lethal for killer cutting out the search time for killer is massive

And for surivor distortion not only dose if make the killer question their Information but can be used tactically to hide your scratch marks and recharges mid chase

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

Lightweight for Survivors if you're interested in juking the Killer and hiding. I ran Self-Aware for a bit, and the reduction in scratchmarks is massive, and the time they stay lit up is microscopic compared to normal. High ranks, probably not as useful, but mid ranks it's amazing how many chases you win, and the Killer just moves on, because they can't find you.

Aftercare if you're not in an SWF. Just make sure you're active and healing/unhooking, and you have eyes on every member of your team anywhere on the map. It's disgusting how much information you can glean from it. When to hook heal, when to bail and find a safer place, being able to intervene in a chase at a good time, and whatever else you want. The number of times people have met me halfway for heals, or came over to my gen to push them faster at 1/2 left is shockingly high. If you're solo queue, this Perk will help you stay alive.

I've been running BT, Guardian (that Killer aura read is amazing), Aftercare, and Lightweight/Plunderer's/some other random perk I want to play with, to good effect. My survival rate actually went up post-patch with this, and I'm helping get others out more often.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

Aftercare - It's such a nice info perk with unlimited range AND two-way communication. It sucks that you can so easily lose it, but it can make playing soloQ much more fun and bearable.

Spies in the Shadows - I don't knew why this perk gets such a bad rep? To me it gives constant value. I can't count how often I walked somewhere when suddenly a crow tipped me off. Or when I lost a survivor and already want to leave, when suddenly spies shows movement in my back.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,123
    Options

Fixated and Distressing.

Increasing terror radius makes it a far less reliable tool for survivors to discern the killer's location. If your TR covers the entire map, it's functionally indistinguishable from Undetectable.

Fixated is an amazing stealth perk, as it increases your action radius for scratch-less movement. If a killer comes to check on your gen, they'll check the immediate vicinity, while you're a distance away, wasting a ton of their time.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

Deja Vu for survivor, and Thrilling Tremors for killer.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

For survivor; Flashbang. Able to single-handedly save you where no other perk can. But has a very high skill ceiling.

For killer; Disillusion. Shuts down safe pallets and forces whoever you hit to run to a different loop.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    edited September 2022
    Options

Zanshin tactics for killer. Cutting your first chases shorter by knowing the shorter routes in chase is only countered by smart windows of opportunity players.

Lucky break. If all survivors played lucky break all our vs nurse games would be so much more feasible.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Hex: Blood Favor and Hysteria for killer.

Deception and Repressed Alliance for survivor.